Ross County v EAST FIFE

sirscottyoung

Cheers to all for a great weekend. The EF & RC fans were great craic! That thanks extends to all in the Dingwall area who are such nice folk with brilliant highland hospitality. Cheers to LiamA (much appreciated). Big thanks to the great folk at Caberfeidh Shinty. We have now adopted you as our EFMB shinty team!

FEC997E3-607B-4825-8752-470A55221643.jpeg

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EFMB said:

Cheers to all for a great weekend. The EF & RC fans were great craic! That thanks extends to all in the Dingwall area who are such nice folk with brilliant highland hospitality. Cheers to LiamA (much appreciated). Big thanks to the great folk at Caberfeidh Shinty. We have now adopted you as our EFMB shinty team!

FEC997E3-607B-4825-8752-470A55221643.jpeg

Is third from the left, front row James Forrest?

Big Fifer hasn’t presented any facts just his subjective opinion. A fact might be something like East Fife have conceded 5 goals from 112 corners in the league this season. They also conceded one each in the Scottish & challenge cups. Now it would be interesting to know the attacking numbers from the League. Also bear in mind that East Fife scored from two corners to beat Partick and three (?) corners against Cowden 

And a fact might also be that both Big Fifer and myself were talking about our defensive frailties regarding corners from LAST SEASON, a weakness that, as you said has been eradicated in the League but has effectively seen us knocked out of every cup this season, the Falkirk game, and twice in less than a week in the Scottish and the Diddy Cup!!!
As long as it's sorted and situations are normal for the League then everything's good, that is the priority!!!

4 hours ago, 7 Eleven said:

My point was that the club wouldn’t have progressed in those diddy cups if it wasn’t for goals scored from corners i.e., goals scored and goals conceded are balancing themselves out. Well goals scored is actually ahead of the curve. The narrative you chose to present is entirely up to you, but I don’t understand why it has to be negative.

King kebab has  pointed out a part of East Fifes game that could be better .How is that being negative.You pay your money your entitled  to an opinion.Thought on the night the whole team put in a tremendous effort.

Personally I thought Ross County were the best Championship side we've faced this season, and that needs to be taken into consideration when looking back at Friday's game. 

As previously mentioned the first goal conceded was disappointing, the second was unfortunate as Ross Dunlop lost track of the ball after an awkward bounce on the six yard line. The boys showed tremendous character to get the next goal back so quickly, otherwise it was game over. County were well on top in the first period but it was a different story after the break, although we had to rely on Brett Long to keep us in the tie with some terrific stops as we committed more players forward. I think everyone has acknowledged that we should have had a penalty and Kevin Smith was denied again late on when he was set to pull the trigger by a desperate goal saving challenge. It wasn't to be in the end, but I was proud of the efforts of the players and supporters alike on the night.

Needing to stick by the old cliche of taking one game at a time now, starting with Dumbarton at Bayview on Saturday...     

Archived