Ross County v EAST FIFE

sirscottyoung

59 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Do those losers with the trombones and drums go to every game?

Calm it Fonzie, not everyone can collect as many cool points as you.

Anyway a disappointing night last night, the goals we conceded were very poor and I hope the corner issues of last season aren't creeping back in. Commentators  disagreed  but I thought Dunlop and Meggatt were disappointing. Tonks and Brett were absolutely fantastic though.

End of the day County just had too much and deserved to go through. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Calm it Fonzie, not everyone can collect as many cool points as you.

Anyway a disappointing night last night, the goals we conceded were very poor and I hope the corner issues of last season aren't creeping back in. Commentators  disagreed  but I thought Dunlop and Meggatt were disappointing. Tonks and Brett were absolutely fantastic though.

End of the day County just had too much and deserved to go through. 

Steady there mate, you'll be accused of writing nothing but negative comments if you keep putting facts up like that!!!

Disagree about Meggatt though, thought him Tonks and Brett were the best three players on the park!!!

Did we ever find out who selected the MotM winner???

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Steady there mate, you'll be accused of writing nothing but negative comments if you keep putting facts up like that!!!

Disagree about Meggatt though, thought him Tonks and Brett were the best three players on the park!!!

Did we ever find out who selected the MotM winner???

It's normally county's sponsors but not sure if it would be different in the cup. 

Met members of the EFMB this morning in Strathpeffer. When in the company of wives and partners, they are merely meek males.Just like the rest of us.

Ross County deserved to win-no doubt but equally EF certainly made a game of it. Unfortunately our midfield failed to function.

Anton Dowds certainly has the X Factor and will undoubtedly move to a higher level.

I have supported EF for 60 plus years and do not recollect such a vociferous passionate EF crowd. The togetherness of fans and team was there for all to witness.

The SPFL have certainly done EF no favours by their rescheduling of  3 midweek fixtures over the coming weeks .7 games in 22 days is far too much for a p/t team .

You really have to question the successes of cup runs when the bigger prize is in the league.

Met members of the EFMB this morning in Strathpeffer. When in the company of wives and partners, they are merely meek males.Just like the rest of us. Ross County deserved to win-no doubt but equally EF certainly made a game of it. Unfortunately our midfield failed to function.

Anton Dowds certainly has the X Factor and will undoubtedly move to a higher level.

I have supported EF for 60 plus years and do not recollect such a vociferous passionate EF crowd. The togetherness of fans and team was there for all to witness.

The SPFL have certainly done EF no favours by their rescheduling of  3 midweek fixtures over the coming weeks .7 games in 22 days is far too much for a p/t team .

You really have to question the successes of cup runs when the bigger prize is in the league.

Agree with this, the League doesn't end in March, there is no need to enforce a Part-Time Club to play 6 very important games in a 19 day period, they could have been spaced out a lot more, if we get a few injuries or suspensions, then these cup runs, as good and as fun as they have been could seriously have derailed any chance of League success and we really don't deserve to end this season with nothing!!!

And that wasn't sour grapes, more that RC had a few better candidate than Stewart tbh.

Yes they did, but our own Brett Long and Big Tonks were obviously the stand out candidates!!!

Yes they did, but our own Brett Long and Big Tonks were obviously the stand out candidates!!!

They “obviously” weren’t. They were East Fife’s best two players, but there’s no way they merited MotM in a cup game in which their team had about 40% of the action and could easily have lost 4 or 5 - 1.

But if that’s the kind of thing you leave stadiums angry about, I’d worry about that more than your lack of proper punctuation.

MoTM awards are quite literally the most subjective thing about a football match. I’d have given it to Mullin, personally.

They “obviously” weren’t. They were East Fife’s best two players, but there’s no way they merited MotM in a cup game in which their team had about 40% of the action and could easily have lost 4 or 5 - 1.

But if that’s the kind of thing you leave stadiums angry about, I’d worry about that more than your lack of proper punctuation.

MoTM awards are quite literally the most subjective thing about a football match. I’d have given it to Mullin, personally.

Oooft somebody's got a bit rattled there!!!

But from what I can make out, you think County should have had 4 or 5 goals if hadn't been for the MotM performance of Brett Long, glad we agree!!!

I was in the barbers today and the East Fife Trombone ultras are the talk of the town.

Well done, good craic, hope you all enjoyed your day.

On the motm, I scanned through both the live broadcasts today, Steven Craigan gave it to Stewart, Sutton disagreed and said it should have been Draper. 

On Alba, Craig Beattie had a strange pre-match pop at County for disrespecting the competition by making 7 changes, and said he would be raging if he was in the East Fife dressing room. Whit?

12 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

I was in the barbers today and the East Fife Trombone ultras are the talk of the town.

Well done, good craic, hope you all enjoyed your day.

On the motm, I scanned through both the live broadcasts today, Steven Craigan gave it to Stewart, Sutton disagreed and said it should have been Draper. 

On Alba, Craig Beattie had a strange pre-match pop at County for disrespecting the competition by making 7 changes, and said he would be raging if he was in the East Fife dressing room. Whit?

Yeah - superficial analysis by Craig Beattie. At the other end of the game he seemed to concede that County had decent strength in depth in squad. Also, Craig's comments were followed by the Fergie interview where (again) it is quite clearly stated that County are in it to win it.

Stewart hardly put a foot wrong, worked hard, created chances, was a persistent nuisance to EF defence - not a bad shout for MotM IMHO. 

Melodic quality might have been a bit poor but the Tromboneage was brilliant fun. 

Was always likely Darren would start with just one up top. Our best period in the game was when we took the shackles off and put two up top. Our central defence in the first half struggled to deal with County’s attacking movement. Both goals we lost were oh so preventable. If you want to causes a cup upset you can’t give away goals as cheaply as that. The best thing from our point of view was at2 nil we didn’t fold like a pack of cards. The boys showed character and desire and the game hanged in the balance for the entire 90 minutes. Still can’t believe the ref never gave a penalty, Kev was pushed then the county player makes contact with his leg. Definently missed Aggie last night as he would have been much closer to Dowds in the first half and been able to link middle to front much better than we did. A good experience for the young lads in our team and can only be good for their development.

Just watched the whole game again, and rightly so Ross County were the deserved winners. But, once again , we depart a cup competition , with serious questions being asked of the match officials. The second goal, resulted directly from play where we clearly should have been given a free kick. The penalty? Well I've probably seen more of these given that waved away , so that answers the question. Ross County can say they had 4 or 5 clear chances to put the game beyond us, BUT they didn't take them. We were denied a chance through inconsistent officials. Newlands has worked his way up to a become one of the senior officials in out country, but once again shows the poor standard we have.
Good luck to Ross County in the final. I do think you will have more than enough for the teams in tonights semi

Archived