Ross County v EAST FIFE

sirscottyoung

Have you ever written a post that isn't negative in some way?

Have you ever read a whole Thread without reading a single post and jumping in with both feet and hurling erroneous statements???

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, not the best game in the world, but far from the worst. Probably a fair result but one goal or different decision could have changed it. Credit to the East Fife fans, came a long way , great craic with all we met before and after the game especially EFBM and his mates. Look forward to the next one.

39 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Have you ever read a whole Thread without reading a single post and jumping in with both feet and hurling erroneous statements???

How about answering the question rather than coming up with some spuriously  irrelevant nonsense? On a point of accuracy my post was a single question, not "erroneous statements".

Best chance to get anywhere near a final of some sort and we made a dam good go of being anywhere near one in this century!!

Players, Management were tremous gave the all 100 per cent cause. But can a pick a few highlights on my behalf.

1. Ross Draper?? How many times his name didn't go a miss...:shutup tackling like he was raging his toys was stolen particular getting all tango'ed by Janny...

2. Why do teams stick our fans in corners to blend in:huh: really annoys me fair enough the two here do it but fs there was a few county fans there and there...

3. Referee had to talk to our assistant in 1st half, well odd.

4. I felt the second half was more us without scoring, changing the tactics helped and i prasie that move tonight with the score at 2.1

5. How good is Dowds?? Need a new contract past 2020!!!

6. Why that wasn't a penalty? Was beyond me.....clearly a push in the back on Smith!!!

7. The fair result should have been a draw 2.2.....good luck to County though!!

Dowds was magnificent tonight. Yous could do with two of him, one to cross it and one to get there in the box! How old is he? Looks like he could make the step up to full time football (or part time in the Championship... via the play offs?!)
Dowds is 22. Real sleeper signing as his only previous club is Heriot Watt Uni of the East of Scotland League.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:
Dowds was magnificent tonight. Yous could do with two of him, one to cross it and one to get there in the box! How old is he? Looks like he could make the step up to full time football (or part time in the Championship... via the play offs?!)

Dowds is 22. Real sleeper signing as his only previous club is Heriot Watt Uni of the East of Scotland League.

He would need another season dont think hes a Lawrence Shankland yet never mind those in thats fans from the west end or north east to get hugely excited about but yeah if he climbs with east fife he'll have the prospect of reaching a higher level just like him aswell, the huge gamble from bringing and like Fash was and now at ICT!! has been a success so HANDS OFF!!!!!! 

Certainly has the attributes to be given the opportunity at a higher level as he has been a stand out this season. A bit like Ross Stewart, a big unit but actually a baller. Thankfully he is signed up for next season so we can receive a fee for him if another club comes in for him.

We said the same about Nathan Austin too, didn’t really work out for him at Falkirk but doing ok at ICT, very different type of player to Dowds though.

5 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Best chance to get anywhere near a final of some sort and we made a dam good go of being anywhere near one in this century!!

Players, Management were tremous gave the all 100 per cent cause. But can a pick a few highlights on my behalf.

1. Ross Draper?? How many times his name didn't go a miss...:shutup tackling like he was raging his toys was stolen particular getting all tango'ed by Janny...

2. Why do teams stick our fans in corners to blend in:huh: really annoys me fair enough the two here do it but fs there was a few county fans there and there...

3. Referee had to talk to our assistant in 1st half, well odd.

4. I felt the second half was more us without scoring, changing the tactics helped and i prasie that move tonight with the score at 2.1

5. How good is Dowds?? Need a new contract past 2020!!!

6. Why that wasn't a penalty? Was beyond me.....clearly a push in the back on Smith!!!

7. The fair result should have been a draw 2.2.....good luck to County though!!

On your point two - Ross County put all away fans in that corner unless they will outsell it's capacity.  To go with the North Stand comes with extra associated costs for stewarding policing etc

Overall I thought East Fife were excellent, Dowds and Long in particular stand outs.  On that showing I would take Long over Fox any day.  County didn't play particularly well but did enough to win.  Long kept East Fife in the game, without him it could have been four or five.  Nice to see Paton and Armstrong show well.  Just a shame Paton is cup tied as it would be good to give him game time against Caley,  

As for the penalty claim, there was very little contact, and going down with that little contact is about as close to diving without diving you can get.  Never thought it was a penalty at all.

Don't see what was wrong with where our fans were sat! I try and sit parallel with the 18 yard box when I'm at Bayview! I thought it was a penalty, clear push in the back and I've seen them given for less! Make no mistake tho, Ross County were deserved winners in the end and it was a decent Semi to watch. We can be proud of our achievements this season and we're looking good for a play off spot. Good luck to Darren Young when he gets a FT job

1 hour ago, Loki said:
On your point two - Ross County put all away fans in that corner unless they will outsell it's capacity.  To go with the North Stand comes with extra associated costs for stewarding policing etc
Overall I thought East Fife were excellent, Dowds and Long in particular stand outs.  On that showing I would take Long over Fox any day.  County didn't play particularly well but did enough to win.  Long kept East Fife in the game, without him it could have been four or five.  Nice to see Paton and Armstrong show well.  Just a shame Paton is cup tied as it would be good to give him game time against Caley,  
As for the penalty claim, there was very little contact, and going down with that little contact is about as close to diving without diving you can get.  Never thought it was a penalty at all.

I thought East Fife were every bit as good as Alloa, just lacking perhaps a wee bit of  quality in defence - particularly the full backs. The keeper never convinced me - he needed to be much stronger at the first goal, and was a bit ropey with the ball at his feet. Made some terrific stops to prevent Mullin, who was the best player on the park.

Dowds was terrific for East Fife, and I'd imagine they will make the playoffs very comfortably.    

All based on one viewing, mind you.

Paton added a creativity and composure way above anything Spence offers, and Armstrong looked spritely, though not 100% match sharp.

No idea how Ross Stewart was able to get a shot away for the second. He’s a centre forward, not a winger.

Archived