Ross County v EAST FIFE

sirscottyoung

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah well, it wasn’t to be but everyone gave their all tonight.

Thought that we started the game far too cautiously and gave Ross County too much time to control the game with Dowds very isolated.

Much better second half once we came out a bit and got support to Dowds who has put some shift in. He is already a cult hero, never gives up and if he continues the way that he is I’m sure he will have bigger clubs sniffing about him... Just not for a few seasons yet. We created a few chances but wasn’t to be.

Some quality saves from Long too, who has been the best keeper at Bayview for a long time.

We now have a lot of games in quick succession so we will need to use the whole squad and make sure we get ourselves into the top 4.

16 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Van der Weg’s best ever game in a Ross County shirt?  A couple of match-saving blocks.

I read that as "A couple of match-saving bollocks" there. He's some fucking unit though.

Turned into a pretty decent game in the second half. Very end to end, with us pushing for an equaliser and County, to their credit, giving it everything to try and kill the game off.

Very decent performance from us. Despite their changes, you could see County are a real class apart from L1 and better than the other championship sides we've faced so far.

Dowds and Long the stand outs for me. Brilliant performances tonight.

6 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Watching the penalty claim now, looked a dive from where I was standing, but a clear foul. Just outside the box, though. 

Watch it again it’s right on the line which makes it a penalty. The ref had a perfect view but in keeping with the poor standard of refereeing in Scottish football he gets the only decision he has to make all night wrong.

Disappointing, two very poor goals to lose, both very preventable in my opinion and of course a couple of good penalty claims, Smith's looked a stonewaller from where we were, but we put ourselves in a bad situation, if you ship shite goals like that and then your always going to be facing an uphill struggle, but we nearly did it and perhaps should have at least got level!!!
Anyway, it's done and dusted now Good Luck to Ross County in the Final hope you win but I'll probably not be watching it!!!
I really hope that isn't old frailties coming back to haunt us in this important League period coming up, we're out of two cups in less than a week because we couldn't defend corners!!!

25 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Disappointing, two very poor goals to lose, both very preventable in my opinion and of course a couple of good penalty claims, Smith's looked a stonewaller from where we were, but we put ourselves in a bad situation, if you ship shite goals like that and then your always going to be facing an uphill struggle, but we nearly did it and perhaps should have at least got level!!!
Anyway, it's done and dusted now Good Luck to Ross County in the Final hope you win but I'll probably not be watching it!!!
I really hope that isn't old frailties coming back to haunt us in this important League period coming up, we're out of two cups in less than a week because we couldn't defend corners!!!

Have you ever written a post that isn't negative in some way?

Archived