Ross County v EAST FIFE

sirscottyoung

@dingdong1929 Semple is cup-tied for both comps, he played for the u20s the other day instead.  Cowie was in the paper yesterday saying tonight is probably too soon for him but he's close to fitness, I'm going to guess it'll be next weekend that he's available.

Tonight's predicted line-up by me

Munro

Fraser Draper Boyle Grivosti

McManus Spence Lindsay Armstrong

Stewart Graham

Although Armstrong might be RW and Stewart LW with McManus up front, who knows.

We assumed SFSK would be the champions of promoting the youth team but it hasn't really happened yet.  Is a cup semi the time to give Tom Kelly his first start at right-back, without an established winger beside him?

I haven't forgotten Paton and I hope he plays, but I wonder how much faith the management have in him just now.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

@dingdong1929 Semple is cup-tied for both comps, he played for the u20s the other day instead.  Cowie was in the paper yesterday saying tonight is probably too soon for him but he's close to fitness, I'm going to guess it'll be next weekend that he's available.

Munro

Stewart Graham

We assumed SFSK would be the champions of promoting the youth team but it hasn't really happened yet.  Is a cup semi the time to give Tom Kelly his first start at right-back, without an established winger beside him?

I haven't forgotten Paton and I hope he plays, but I wonder how much faith the management have in him just now.

Is Paton cup tied? If he isn't and he isn't in the team I reserve the right to throw my toys out the pram. 

[mention=22965]dingdong1929[/mention] Semple is cup-tied for both comps, he played for the u20s the other day instead.  Cowie was in the paper yesterday saying tonight is probably too soon for him but he's close to fitness, I'm going to guess it'll be next weekend that he's available.

Munro

Stewart Graham

That back four. Shudder.

I haven't seen Armstrong in the flesh yet, but there's a massive lack of creativity in that side, might be a crosses into the box job and hope for the best.

Given we played on Monday and  have a mental run coming up  where we play twice a week, im tempted to play a mix of reserves and youth.
So if I want the following to play on Tues in the derby:
Fox
Fraser Watson Boyle VdW
Mullin Lindsey Draper Gardyne
MacKay Stewart
That leaves the following for tonight:
Munro 
Kelly  Boyle Grivosti Johnston
McManus  Paton  Spence Armstrong
Wallace
Graham

East Fife's away record is decent, scoring 22 goals in 12 games in League One, winning 7. They also pied Partick  and Morton at home.
Whereas that defence i've  just pimped is very inexperienced, so that team may get horsed.
But I dont think we're good enough to play this many games in such a short run,  most games are an absolute battle.
And our injury record is insane this season.
So id rather risk losing to East Fife in the challenge cup , than risk losing the derby in the Scottish Cup, or  more long-term risk losing in the league due to a run of exhausting fixtures.
So id like to gamble on a mix of youth and experience tonight.

As a bit of an aside, Caley are away to Dunfermline in the league tomorrow, which may see them more tired than us on Tuesday.  Hopefully.

[ETA: I reserve the right to  completely change my mind and scream my tits off when we're 2-0 down after 10 minutes]
[2nd EDIT to remove cuptied Semple from Caley game, and unfit Cowie from East Fife game]

Just to say we "Pied" Queen of the South a as well this season and drew with St.Johnstone, thanks!!![emoji1303]

Archived