Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Recommended Posts

We have had a wobble and are still well in this race I'm quite happy to just float under the radar here and let Ross County and Dundee United think it's about them, for all the money you guys have and spent one thing you don't have is the best player in the league in shankland (queue QOTS fans invading this thread and crying about Dobbie) if we win this and I think we will it will be one of the greatest stories in Scottish football history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We have had a wobble and are still well in this race I'm quite happy to just float under the radar here and let Ross County and Dundee United think it's about them, for all the money you guys have and spent one thing you don't have is the best player in the league in shankland (queue QOTS fans invading this thread and crying about Dobbie) if we win this and I think we will it will be one of the greatest stories in Scottish football history.

Dobbie’s scored more goals in a worse team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dobbie’s scored more goals in a worse team.
Only because Shankland didn't play in the Scottish Cup because he was injured and only played about 15 min in the Irn Bru cup before we got knocked out. Shankland has more league goals at this point and was top scorer in the league Cup granted its only 2 goals over both competition's. Dobbie is an absolute brilliant player but for me Shankland just shades it but I'm admittedly biased but it's a fag paper between them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

) if we win this and I think we will it will be one of the greatest stories in Scottish football history.

Settle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few things spring to mind. 

Dundee United are 6 points and 16 goals off the top

Dundee United conceded 10 (TEN) goals at home in two games against their promotion rivals and have taken a massive 3 points from 15 in the games against Ayr and County

Despite Ayr being on a horrendous run of form Dundee United haven't managed to overtake us

Dundee United haven't yet scored against Ayr this season

Dundee United are currently Ayr's bitches. 

 

But any of the three can still win it. I predict County will. Be a fun run in that's for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, I'm Brian said:

A few things spring to mind. 

Dundee United are 6 points and 16 goals off the top

Dundee United conceded 10 (TEN) goals at home in two games against their promotion rivals and have taken a massive 3 points from 15 in the games against Ayr and County

Despite Ayr being on a horrendous run of form Dundee United haven't managed to overtake us

Dundee United haven't yet scored against Ayr this season

Dundee United are currently Ayr's bitches. 

 

But any of the three can still win it. I predict County will. Be a fun run in that's for sure

Lucky we've got 2 games against county and only 1 game against you guys left then. 

The other games before won't matter a jot if we win the last game between United and Ayr with it putting us above you guys! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I obviously hope we win the League, but it will be very tough.

I sometimes think it would be nice to see Ayr win it, then I remember Ian McCall is an absolute c**t of the highest order, so f**k them.

I cannot see or hear Ian McCall without thinking about him curling one out into a shoe. It's horribly Pavlovian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Lucky we've got 2 games against county and only 1 game against you guys left then. 

The other games before won't matter a jot if we win the last game between United and Ayr with it putting us above you guys! 

Very true. You may overtake us, but my opinion is County have too much over you, for you to overtake them. Unless you suddenly start banging in the goals you have to get seven points more than they do over thirteen games.

That's a huge ask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucky we've got 2 games against county and only 1 game against you guys left then. 
The other games before won't matter a jot if we win the last game between United and Ayr with it putting us above you guys! 

The other games clearly will matter as you’re presuming you’ll still be within 3 points of us next time we meet.

Dundee United have shown zero signs of getting close to winning this league and I have reservations about whether going out and signing a brand new team is the right way to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Very true. You may overtake us, but my opinion is County have too much over you, for you to overtake them. Unless you suddenly start banging in the goals you have to get seven points more than they do over thirteen games.

That's a huge ask

They'll be aiming for promotion next season under Goodwin.

They've been  the most over-rated team in this league ever since their relegation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ayrmad said:

They'll be aiming for promotion next season under Goodwin.

They've been  the most over-rated team in this league ever since their relegation.

Alloa over-rated, if it wasn't for a crazy error of judgement where Parry came charging out of his goal, gifting a penalty, Ayr could easily have drawn last weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread reminds me of the shambolic 'Champions Elect Raith vs Playoff Chasing Ayr' thread in League One last season.

That went well, I'm sure this will too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Alloa over-rated, if it wasn't for a crazy error of judgement where Parry came charging out of his goal, gifting a penalty, Ayr could easily have drawn last weekend. 

Back in your box. Nobody mentioned Alloa.

Pretty sure Ayrmad was implying Jim Goodwin will be at Dundee United next year .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

County have Ayr at home then Dundee United away back to back, those two games will do a lot to decide where the title is going to go, as well as the reverse games in April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Aye this won't be totally bookmarked for the seasons end :unsure2:

It'll be close but I'm not sure United will win the league outright. Play offs are a huge possibility but beyond that who knows. 

In keeping with your general tone of empathy and consideration, I'd suggest whichever team finishes in the playoff final would be favourites to beat Hamilton or Dundee or St Mirren.

Edit: there's going to be a very decent side staying down.  I'm sure Ayr could handle that, but I bet the prospect scares the hell out of Dundee United and Ross County's accountants.  For that reason alone, I'm going 1 County (goal difference is worth .75 of a point), 2. Dundee United 3. Ayr, but I'm not at all sure that reflects the quality of the teams.

Edited by Savage Henry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Comrie said:

County have Ayr at home then Dundee United away back to back, those two games will do a lot to decide where the title is going to go, as well as the reverse games in April.

We play Dundee United away in between your two games in April.  Could be a huge 15 days

Edited by I'm Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

We play Dundee United away in between your two games in April.  Could be a huge 15 days

At the minute all three teams have enough to beat the other two but appear unable to show it consistently. The game we beat you 2-1 in Dingwall was a prime of example of this, played you off the park in the first half then spent the majority of the second half absolutely hanging on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

At the minute all three teams have enough to beat the other two but appear unable to show it consistently. The game we beat you 2-1 in Dingwall was a prime of example of this, played you off the park in the first half then spent the majority of the second half absolutely hanging on.

Yeah. The reverse was true in the game at Somerset. We seem to have the Indian Sign over Dundee United where we have been comfortable in all three games.

Whatever happens I hope it is a run in to remember with all three still in with a shout on the last day with a helicopter hovering somewhere between Ayr, Falkirk and Greenock on May 4th.

Obviously hoping it lands in Ayr for the second year running though :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"So, Professor, would you say that the Dundee United fans are now the worst set of posters on this sub-forum?"

"Yes, I would, Kent"

263979.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yoda said:

"So, Professor, would you say that the Dundee United fans are now the worst set of posters on this sub-forum?"

"Yes, I would, Kent"

263979.jpg

Greenied just to get you to the 5k mark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×