Three Way Promotion Battle

We have had a wobble and are still well in this race I'm quite happy to just float under the radar here and let Ross County and Dundee United think it's about them, for all the money you guys have and spent one thing you don't have is the best player in the league in shankland (queue QOTS fans invading this thread and crying about Dobbie) if we win this and I think we will it will be one of the greatest stories in Scottish football history.

We have had a wobble and are still well in this race I'm quite happy to just float under the radar here and let Ross County and Dundee United think it's about them, for all the money you guys have and spent one thing you don't have is the best player in the league in shankland (queue QOTS fans invading this thread and crying about Dobbie) if we win this and I think we will it will be one of the greatest stories in Scottish football history.

Dobbie’s scored more goals in a worse team.

Dobbie’s scored more goals in a worse team.
Only because Shankland didn't play in the Scottish Cup because he was injured and only played about 15 min in the Irn Bru cup before we got knocked out. Shankland has more league goals at this point and was top scorer in the league Cup granted its only 2 goals over both competition's. Dobbie is an absolute brilliant player but for me Shankland just shades it but I'm admittedly biased but it's a fag paper between them.

A few things spring to mind. 

Dundee United are 6 points and 16 goals off the top

Dundee United conceded 10 (TEN) goals at home in two games against their promotion rivals and have taken a massive 3 points from 15 in the games against Ayr and County

Despite Ayr being on a horrendous run of form Dundee United haven't managed to overtake us

Dundee United haven't yet scored against Ayr this season

Dundee United are currently Ayr's bitches. 

But any of the three can still win it. I predict County will. Be a fun run in that's for sure

1 minute ago, I'm Brian said:

A few things spring to mind. 

Dundee United are 6 points and 16 goals off the top

Dundee United conceded 10 (TEN) goals at home in two games against their promotion rivals and have taken a massive 3 points from 15 in the games against Ayr and County

Despite Ayr being on a horrendous run of form Dundee United haven't managed to overtake us

Dundee United haven't yet scored against Ayr this season

Dundee United are currently Ayr's bitches. 

But any of the three can still win it. I predict County will. Be a fun run in that's for sure

Lucky we've got 2 games against county and only 1 game against you guys left then. 

The other games before won't matter a jot if we win the last game between United and Ayr with it putting us above you guys! 

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I obviously hope we win the League, but it will be very tough.

I sometimes think it would be nice to see Ayr win it, then I remember Ian McCall is an absolute c**t of the highest order, so f**k them.

I cannot see or hear Ian McCall without thinking about him curling one out into a shoe. It's horribly Pavlovian

4 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Lucky we've got 2 games against county and only 1 game against you guys left then. 

The other games before won't matter a jot if we win the last game between United and Ayr with it putting us above you guys! 

Very true. You may overtake us, but my opinion is County have too much over you, for you to overtake them. Unless you suddenly start banging in the goals you have to get seven points more than they do over thirteen games.

That's a huge ask

The other games clearly will matter as you’re presuming you’ll still be within 3 points of us next time we meet.

Dundee United have shown zero signs of getting close to winning this league and I have reservations about whether going out and signing a brand new team is the right way to fix it.

3 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Very true. You may overtake us, but my opinion is County have too much over you, for you to overtake them. Unless you suddenly start banging in the goals you have to get seven points more than they do over thirteen games.

That's a huge ask

They'll be aiming for promotion next season under Goodwin.

They've been  the most over-rated team in this league ever since their relegation.

10 hours ago, ayrmad said:

They'll be aiming for promotion next season under Goodwin.

They've been  the most over-rated team in this league ever since their relegation.

Alloa over-rated, if it wasn't for a crazy error of judgement where Parry came charging out of his goal, gifting a penalty, Ayr could easily have drawn last weekend. 

10 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Alloa over-rated, if it wasn't for a crazy error of judgement where Parry came charging out of his goal, gifting a penalty, Ayr could easily have drawn last weekend. 

Back in your box. Nobody mentioned Alloa.

Pretty sure Ayrmad was implying Jim Goodwin will be at Dundee United next year .

County have Ayr at home then Dundee United away back to back, those two games will do a lot to decide where the title is going to go, as well as the reverse games in April.

15 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Aye this won't be totally bookmarked for the seasons end :unsure2:

It'll be close but I'm not sure United will win the league outright. Play offs are a huge possibility but beyond that who knows. 

In keeping with your general tone of empathy and consideration, I'd suggest whichever team finishes in the playoff final would be favourites to beat Hamilton or Dundee or St Mirren.

Edit: there's going to be a very decent side staying down.  I'm sure Ayr could handle that, but I bet the prospect scares the hell out of Dundee United and Ross County's accountants.  For that reason alone, I'm going 1 County (goal difference is worth .75 of a point), 2. Dundee United 3. Ayr, but I'm not at all sure that reflects the quality of the teams.

Edited by Savage Henry

8 minutes ago, Comrie said:

County have Ayr at home then Dundee United away back to back, those two games will do a lot to decide where the title is going to go, as well as the reverse games in April.

We play Dundee United away in between your two games in April.  Could be a huge 15 days

Edited by I'm Brian

8 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

We play Dundee United away in between your two games in April.  Could be a huge 15 days

At the minute all three teams have enough to beat the other two but appear unable to show it consistently. The game we beat you 2-1 in Dingwall was a prime of example of this, played you off the park in the first half then spent the majority of the second half absolutely hanging on.

3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

At the minute all three teams have enough to beat the other two but appear unable to show it consistently. The game we beat you 2-1 in Dingwall was a prime of example of this, played you off the park in the first half then spent the majority of the second half absolutely hanging on.

Yeah. The reverse was true in the game at Somerset. We seem to have the Indian Sign over Dundee United where we have been comfortable in all three games.

Whatever happens I hope it is a run in to remember with all three still in with a shout on the last day with a helicopter hovering somewhere between Ayr, Falkirk and Greenock on May 4th.

Obviously hoping it lands in Ayr for the second year running though :)