Three Way Promotion Battle

13 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

We have had a wobble and are still well in this race I'm quite happy to just float under the radar here and let Ross County and Dundee United think it's about them, for all the money you guys have and spent one thing you don't have is the best player in the league in shankland (queue QOTS fans invading this thread and crying about Dobbie) if we win this and I think we will it will be one of the greatest stories in Scottish football history.

You spelt Pawlett wrong.

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Alloa over-rated, if it wasn't for a crazy error of judgement where Parry came charging out of his goal, gifting a penalty, Ayr could easily have drawn last weekend. 

I was intimating that DUFC would still be here next season under the stewardship of Goodwin.

15 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If we managed to win the league somehow the seeth on here would make for splendid reading.

Seeth from who and why?

I know i'd be disappointed that my team hadn't won but I wouldn't, and I don't think anyone I know, would have any seeth towards Ayr United if the won the Championship this season.

9 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

St Mirren and Hamilton down, Dundee United and Ross County up. No offence to Ayr or their fans, but the less teams from west coast hovels in the top league the better. 

Come to the coast, breathe some sea air. It might enlighten your teuchter mind. And don't compare Ayr to the aforementioned.

Anyway it's 'fewer', not 'less'.

Edited by RedEd

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Seeth from who and why?

I know i'd be disappointed that my team hadn't won but I wouldn't, and I don't think anyone I know, would have any seeth towards Ayr United if the won the Championship this season.

From the Dundee United fans mainly and definitely the clown who started this thread.

I think I can safely say without fear of contradiction that no one connected with United gives a toss about Ayr. If we don't win the league then these guys are as good as any to win it. It would be a great achievement, probably  a once in a lifetime moment for most of their fans. 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

From the Dundee United fans mainly and definitely the clown who started this thread.

I think Ralphie’s subtle sense of irony has been lost in the tidal wave of seethe and indignation his OP has created.

I reckon he, as well as any other Arab with a pulse, knows that despite yet again having the biggest budget in the league, as well as a transfer window to die for, it is still well within United’s capabilities to royally f**k this up yet again, and that no amount of ironic bravado on P&B will ever change that. I’m sure he has enjoyed all your outrage tbf.

I have always been of the more of an optimistic Arab, (albeit the last few years have done their fucking utmost to change that), and I will say that the 6/7 points we are behind County is not insurmountable. Ayr and County have dropped points all over the shop of late, (as of course have we), but as Robbie so eloquently put it on Sportsound today, the team that gets a winning run going will will the league.

I did not feel before deadline day that we had a squad capable of that; I do now. Next week’s nothing game against St Mirren will be a good run out before the real test comes at Palmerston the following week, and I am hoping that Robbie is working the new lads half to death to get them match fit and playing together.

If this team can gel quickly, I don’t see why we can’t win the league, and I do feel that depth of squad will be a key factor towards the end of the season, which may be Ayr’s undoing

Whatever happens, I’m sure it will be more exciting than last season, with  The Maureen’s having won it by March . 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

I think I can safely say without fear of contradiction that no one connected with United gives a toss about Ayr. If we don't win the league then these guys are as good as any to win it. It would be a great achievement, probably  a once in a lifetime moment for most of their fans. 

You certainly didn't give a toss about us when you tried to steal Craig Conway away from us, for three shiny buttons