St Mirren vs Motherwell - 06/02/2019

6 hours ago, Al B said:

I'd originally thought he'd done some some kinda stepover/cruyff turn combo, sadly turns out not...but even so, i'm loving the composure of #youngmotherwell and their absolute comfort with a football. We haven't really seen that since the original Ojamaa.

Actually...looking at it from this angle there's a subtle wee backheel shift that you don't really see on the other footage (not unlike the goal against Aberdeen where absolutely no one clocked his first touch before he hit it).

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Actually...looking at it from this angle there's a subtle wee backheel shift that you don't really see on the other footage (not unlike the goal against Aberdeen where absolutely no one clocked his first touch before he hit it).

I feel like to truly appreciate David Turnbull I'd need to rewatch every single game at a quarter of the speed. 

The boy's operating on a different level of reality. 

7 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I feel like to truly appreciate David Turnbull I'd need to rewatch every single game at a quarter of the speed. 

The boy's operating on a different level of reality. 

I watched Turnbull #balling his way through the u20s in the Dev league and the entire time I was thinking "aye, he's magic like but he'll not get the time to play like that in the first team."

The thing is...he fucking does. He's absolutely ridiculous.

I watched Turnbull #balling his way through the u20s in the Dev league and the entire time I was thinking "aye, he's magic like but he'll not get the time to play like that in the first team."
The thing is...he fucking does. He's absolutely ridiculous.

He doesn’t get the time. He creates it. His ability to create space and move the ball is beyond anything I’ve seen at Fir Park in a long time.

On a totally different level.

Changing the topic just a little (oh, all right then, a lot) I watched Question Time from Motherwell last night, and was surprised at the strong Tory/Unionist/Pro-Brexit make up of a the  audience?

I guess the people of Motherwell are still grateful to the Tories for getting rid of all that pesky, noisy, smelly, heavy industry that used to blight their town.

You'd be totally wrong to guess that, let's not take the 'selected at random' audience on QT as indicative of the opinion of a town that has seen its industry decimated by those b*****ds. 

All I've seen in relation to last night's show was the vast number of those who applied and were unsuccessful, all the while a familiar face is able to make an appearance and ask a question for the umpteenth time.

As a friend said in the aftermath, what's more of a surprise about the reaction to QT, is that folk are still surprised. 

2 hours ago, AndyRoss said:

You'd be totally wrong to guess that, let's not take the 'selected at random' audience on QT as indicative of the opinion of a town that has seen its industry decimated by those b*****ds. 

All I've seen in relation to last night's show was the vast number of those who applied and were unsuccessful, all the while a familiar face is able to make an appearance and ask a question for the umpteenth time.

As a friend said in the aftermath, what's more of a surprise about the reaction to QT, is that folk are still surprised. 

I was being sarcastic :thumsup2.

As soon as I saw this guy sitting in the front row I knew what was coming.

What I didn't expect was just how incredibly unrepresentative of Motherwell the audience would be.

You do expect the BBC to stoke the audience a certain way, but last night was beyond parody.

6 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I was being sarcastic :thumsup2.

As soon as I saw this guy sitting in the front row I knew what was coming.

What I didn't expect was just how incredibly unrepresentative of Motherwell the audience would be.

You do expect the BBC to stoke the audience a certain way, but last night was beyond parody.

Sorry mate, with time we may be able to laugh about this...

Archived