St Mirren vs Motherwell - 06/02/2019

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever happens now @thisGRAEME & @Desp mentioning the play-off's mean tonight will be a damp squib.

Four days of unbridled joy, from early beers before, the scenes at half-time of the Ibrox game when we realised we weren't shiting it, starting the second half by going 3-0 up and really believing we could have scored five or six and the Cathouse after :lol:

Move on to Sunday and a 9am start on the tins, squeezing about 30 folks into my living room, some of who I'm pretty sure weren't invited, Cammy Bell and the sea of limbs in the celebrations afterwards, a struggle to get into any pub in Motherwell (remember the Electric shut early to avoid some of their regulars spitting the dummy?), Wetherspoons and being reminded I'd promised after losing 2-0 to Accies on the Friday night, that if we stayed up, I'd shave my head - a mate's dad then went home for various bits of hair cutting utensils, came back, shaved my head and then revealed he was a lorry driver. 

On 05/02/2019 at 12:23, Demented Zebra said:

Tomorrow night Colin

Was it really only 5 games ago we won at Fir Park to go within 6 points of Well? 3 of the starting line-up that night have gone plus 2 of the subs used - throw in Hodson being injured and it'll be a radically different line-up.

If we don't close the gap on Accies/Dundee tomorrow night realistically it'll only leave the H2H games. :P

10 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

Whatever happens now @thisGRAEME & @Desp mentioning the play-off's mean tonight will be a damp squib.

Four days of unbridled joy, from early beers before, the scenes at half-time of the Ibrox game when we realised we weren't shiting it, starting the second half by going 3-0 up and really believing we could have scored five or six, the Cathouse after :lol:

Move on to Sunday and a 9am start on the tins, squeezing about 30 folks into my living room, some of who I'm pretty sure weren't invited, Cammy Bell and the sea of limbs in the celebrations afterwards, a struggle to get into any pub in Motherwell (remember the Electric shut early to avoid some of their regulars spitting the dummy?), Wetherspoons and being reminded I'd promised after losing 2-0 to Accies on the Friday night, that if we stayed up, I'd shave my head - a mate's dad then went home for various bits of hair cutting utensils, came back, shaved my head and then revealed he was a lorry driver. 

That guy claiming he was a barber and revealing he was a lorry driver after cutting your hair is one of my favourite moments ever.

4 hours ago, ropy said:

That Ibrox game, I was there, got a ticket because I had paid for the following years season ticket, then it turned out I hadn't signed the cheque. Did we not bring Straker on for a laugh?

We absolutely did and it's at that point I realised we appointed Baraclough entirely for the patter. 

2 hours ago, AndyRoss said:

Four days of unbridled joy, from early beers before, the scenes at half-time of the Ibrox game when we realised we weren't shiting it, starting the second half by going 3-0 up and really believing we could have scored five or six and the Cathouse after :lol:

I went on a night out on the Saturday and only got back in about 2 hours before my old man woke me up to get ready for the game. Fair to say I was still absolutely plastered at the game. The hangover setting in was offset by Cammy Bell tbh. 

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Look at the Well v Saints post count on this thread.

Just the difference between 4 wins on the trot v 3 wins in 24.

To be fair, a lot of the Motherwell chat is because the discussion took a detour down play-off memory lane (I meant even add to it).

There seems to be a lot of confidence on the Motherwell side of the chat, and time will tell if it's misplaced, because of our recent run and an improved performance against Hibs and probably our best of the season against Livingston with the emergence of pace on the wings. However, in that run we were only marginally less shit than Accies, were reportedly lucky to win against a Dundee who could still be playing without having scored and we also lost at home to Ross County in the Cup with possibly our worst performance of the season. So we've hardly been consistently wonderful.

Our new wing threat was reported (I wasn't there) to have little impact at Dundee and it was thought their fitness as that point wasn't up to playing again three days after the Hibs game so we'll have to see if they're to turn it on tonight after the weekend's game and a lot might depend on that for us.

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

To be fair, a lot of the Motherwell chat is because the discussion took a detour down play-off memory lane (I meant even add to it).

There seems to be a lot of confidence on the Motherwell side of the chat, and time will tell if it's misplaced, because of our recent run and an improved performance against Hibs and probably our best of the season against Livingston with the emergence of pace on the wings. However, in that run we were only marginally less shit than Accies, were reportedly lucky to win against a Dundee who could still be playing without having scored and we also lost at home to Ross County in the Cup with possibly our worst performance of the season. So we've hardly been consistently wonderful.

Our new wing threat was reported (I wasn't there) to have little impact at Dundee and it was thought their fitness as that point wasn't up to playing again three days after the Hibs game so we'll have to see if they're to turn it on tonight after the weekend's game and a lot might depend on that for us.

Well, that and that we're a bigger club with more fans, so that'd probably have an effect as well.

Tbh, I'm not even confident, I'm just not arsed. Our season is over, so lets all just have a little dance, shall we?

Not having that we were lucky in Dundee either. They had one shot on target over the course of the game, and while we looked a little less threatening than we have since the county game, we had the best bits of play, and the best chances in the game. Had Dundee scored I've zero doubt we'd have upped our game accordingly.

Decent chance tonight, but f**k knows what St Mirren are atm.

9 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Tbh, I'm not even confident, I'm just not arsed. Our season is over, so lets all just have a little dance, shall we?

That's it really. Get the young team out on the park and let's push things forward.

10 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Well, that and that we're a bigger club with more fans, so that'd probably have an effect as well.

Not having that we were lucky in Dundee either. They had one shot on target over the course of the game, and while we looked a little less threatening than we have since the county game, we had the best bits of play, and the best chances in the game. Had Dundee scored I've zero doubt we'd have upped our game accordingly.

Decent chance tonight, but f**k knows what St Mirren are atm.

I'm of a similar view - while I obviously want us to win, it won't be the end of the world if we don't. We're safe from relegation now and will finish 7th, 8th or 9th - I really can't see us threatening for a top six place.

Fair enough on the Dundee game, I was only going by comments on here suggesting we were lucky, including a few 'Well fans (ignoring the usual suspects).

4 hours ago, Desp said:

My vote would go to Scott McDonald.

100% everything you have said tbh.

3 hours ago, AndyRoss said:

the scenes at half-time of the Ibrox game when we realised we weren't shiting it,

The half time on the concourse was great. The place was mobbed and smiles were as the Clyde.

Archived