St Mirren vs Motherwell - 06/02/2019

We’re simply not good enough & will be relegated come the end of the season, what an utter shambles of a season.

The boy Hastie for Motherwell looks a fantastic talent. He’s lightening quick & scored a superb goal.

After we conceded the second goal the players completely chucked it, embarrassing.

Dundee United are a great price for Saturday.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was surprised by the way St Mirren set up for the first 20mins. Anyone who has watched us in recent weeks know that our wingers are key. Thought we were excellent for the opening spell, but once St Mirren changed things they had two great chances (with a top save from Gillespie preventing the equaliser).
Second half was fairly even but always thought we looked very dangerous on the break. Two great goals scored tonight and Hastie looks a cracking talent.

On St Mirren, thought they lacked anything at all upfront, with the number 9 looking poor. Ferdinand looks done (loved it when he picked the ball up having thought it had went out!) but the number 16 at the back looks decent enough. We allowed him acres of space to run forward into, which is a worry and better teams will punish us.

Wasn’t a huge amount between the teams from a chances perspective, but thought we looked a far more talented team and used the ball a lot better.

Great three points, but the best bit is the youngsters coming through who look the business!

7 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Was surprised by the way St Mirren set up for the first 20mins. Anyone who has watched us in recent weeks know that our wingers are key. Thought we were excellent for the opening spell, but once St Mirren changed things they had two great chances (with a top save from Gillespie preventing the equaliser).
Second half was fairly even but always thought we looked very dangerous on the break. Two great goals scored tonight and Hastie looks a cracking talent.

On St Mirren, thought they lacked anything at all upfront, with the number 9 looking poor. Ferdinand looks done (loved it when he picked the ball up having thought it had went out!) but the number 16 at the back looks decent enough. We allowed him acres of space to run forward into, which is a worry and better teams will punish us.

Wasn’t a huge amount between the teams from a chances perspective, but thought we looked a far more talented team and used the ball a lot better.

Great three points, but the best bit is the youngsters coming through who look the business!

A fair assessment. 

In less than 2 weeks we've accumulated the same number of points as St Mirren have all season! 

I don't think I'll be able to relax until Hastie has signed a new contract. What a talent - he'll be playing in the English Premier League one day

Tonight was definitely crucial for us and once again we come up short. It’s been a huge struggle all season and the end of the road for our slim hopes of staying up.

We can’t defend and we are toothless up front, a bad combo for any side fighting relegation.

Motherwell were like most teams at this level,  better physically and much more streetwise. The first goal was touch of class and that kid looks a fantastic talent.

I lost count of how many times Motherwell found the big striker and played off the second ball. 

We just look like a team with no real purpose and a total lack of belief or conviction.

7 hours ago, capt_oats said:

FAO @Al B

giphy.gif

I'd originally thought he'd done some some kinda stepover/cruyff turn combo, sadly turns out not...but even so, i'm loving the composure of #youngmotherwell and their absolute comfort with a football. We haven't really seen that since the original Ojamaa.

36 minutes ago, Al B said:

I'd originally thought he'd done some some kinda stepover/cruyff turn combo, sadly turns out not...but even so, i'm loving the composure of #youngmotherwell and their absolute comfort with a football. We haven't really seen that since the original Ojamaa.

TBH I can’t see anything special about that, and it was against Tansey so it didn’t need to be. He looks like a dreadful signing so far. 

29 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

TBH I can’t see anything special about that, and it was against Tansey so it didn’t need to be. He looks like a dreadful signing so far. 

Assuming you didn't read the thing you actually quoted that said it wasn't as i'd thought at the time?

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Some bois...

Edit:

FAO @Al B

giphy.gif

The stand-out moment of those highlights is the highly audible "f**k Sake!" from a St Mirren supporter between Frear crossing and Campbell nodding the winner. Textbook.  

Special mention for the Main Stand side assistant who awarded us a corner in the final five minutes despite the ball being about three yards away from going out. The officials still surprise me on a weekly basis. 
I didn't think the linesman flagged for it. We were more bemused because it looked as though the referee gave it despite being much further away than the linesman.

Archived