St Mirren vs Motherwell - 06/02/2019

Looked much brighter since changing it up, they still look like scoring every time they come forward though.

What a strik from well player but got the shot away far too easily.

Think Jackson, nazon will take a few games to click. Both working hard but clearly still not on same wave length which we knew would be the case.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT 1-2

5 league losses in a row now. Things really have turned since Kearney got to build his own team, for the worse.

3 of those losses were at home to teams in the bottom 6, if we are losing these games then....

We actually started the second half fairly brightly and scored a good equaliser. Five minutes later we sell the jerseys down the flank again and that’s it.

The new signings were fairly hopeless again. Duckens home debut was one of the worst I’ve seen and he was rightly hooked.

This team is worse than the one we had at Christmas IMO. Back then we had Adam Hamilll, a player who was capable of real quality. There’s no one in that team like that now.

A real chance after we equalised to go and take 3 points.

McGinn dives in and allows the boy passed, and no one tracks the runner.

A draw would have probably been a fair result but despite a couple of decent spells we didn't do enough to win.

Motherwell are on a good run but if we have any hope of staying up then that is a game we need to be taking something from.

Real chance of getting cut adrift over the next couple of weeks.

How the hell have we, in this dismal season of hoofball, long balls and Conor Sammon suddenly found ourselves in contention for the top six?!? :lol:

Another fantastic three points and yet again it's the youngsters driving us on. Hastie and Turnbull have been the story of our revival and it's great to see Campbell on the scoresheet tonight.

Didn’t deserve anything from that. 

Well looke a very good team and had the perfect strategy against us after they went ahead - sit back, let us play the ball about, and then break quickly. 

Thought we had a decent shout for a penalty at 2-1 but Mullen is no Defoe. 

We need Magennis back, McAllister to be starting - and a huge dose of luck - to stay up now. 

Main thing now  getting the rest of the young stars signed up. Within 12 months we could see 7 of the outfield 10 positions filled by players who have come through the academy ranks, that’s some going.

Pretty poor all round despite some good passages in play now and again. 

Paul McGinn got the goal, but was absolutey roasted all night, particularly for the winner. 

Kearney doesn't look like be has a clear idea of what he wants to do. Looking forward the his 'throw a 6 to start' team selection next week.

Hastie is absolute cracker.

4 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

It starts tonight.  It looks bad for us if we dont take all the points.  

As long as we fight for every single ball, every 50/50 then so be it if we finish bottom.  As long as there's 100% dig and effort i think I'd be content with us getting our arses handed to us.  

MON THE FUCKING BUDDIES...!

It looks bad for you, yes.

Looking at the table here. We're 6 points behind Hamilton, having taken 12 points in 25 games. If we continue with the same points per game ratio til the end of the season Hamilton would only need a point to be safe.

Brian Rice has taken 4 points in 2 games. Kearney 9 points in 20 games.

Dreyer and McAllister look decent. Hladky and Popescu as well to be fair but I'm struggling to see where a run of results, even draws, is going to come from.

Good result again for us , and great that it was two of our own youth products getting the goals . What a hit from Hastie .

Who would 've thought that only a couple of weeks after that shambolic Scottish Cup exit , we would be on a five match winning streak in the league , 18 clear of the play-off place and sitting seventh , only 4 off St Johnstone ? .

Some turnaround for us , but sorry to say that the old relegation express looks to be heading in the direction of St James station if the Buddies can't get a few points on the board very soon . Shame , as I like a quick train jaunt down for this fixture , via a few boozers near Central on the way .

I'll need to see it again in the highlights to be sure why, but for our second goal Div retaining possession before playing it to Frear made me make an involuntary kinda squeal noise that I wasn't expecting.

Archived