Annan Athletic vs Clyde

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing to lose a goal so late. However, in truth we got battered for long spells in the game. Annan actually didn’t create many clear chances but they had us under pressure for long spells. Physically, it was clear that they were bigger and stronger than us in a number of positions. Fair play to them as they played on that. Tactically they probably got it right. I read a previous post by an Annan fan who said they don’t normally play like that and get the ball down and play more. That would have suited us much better so they knew they had to change it. 

For Clyde, Currie and the back 4 were excellent and stood up to pretty much everything. Took a defected effort to beat Currie. Syvertsen took his goal brilliantly and worked really hard. He enjoyed it too. 

Really good Clyde support today. My first visit to Annan. I liked it. Welcoming place. I’d go back but hopefully not next season ! (Unless it’s in League 1)

Lang, Cuddihy and Rumsby played well.

McStay, Grant and Rankin didn't play as well as they have been recently.

We were pretty poor from middle to front.

Syvertsen, I thought struggled but took his chance well.

Annan the better team playing tactics straight out of Chapman's manual.

I think Annan need to get padding around the pitch otherwise they'll be a serious injury. It looked to me that pushing or charging opposing players running at full pelt towards the walls were deliberate attempts to injure. Only luck prevented serious injury.

20 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Embarrassing that Annan didn’t play the way the would have best suited Clyde.  

More from the point of view that the constant long ball didn’t work as our defence dealt with it well during the game. 

Dont know if getting the ball down would’ve worked any better, but was surely worth a try. 

Funny that it was one of ours that ended up at hospital

From a perfectly fair challenge on the pitch. As opposed to two players shoving ours whilst off the pitch next to a concrete wall. McStay was lucky. Your boy was unlucky and going by your Twitter he’s fine and will be training this week.

There were 3 incidents of Annan players needlessly pushing or barging Clyde players off the park. The first one on McStay should have been a booking. 

Annan were very direct and physical. It was brutal to watch but it worked as we struggled. Despite that, they didn’t really look like scoring until the deflected goal. 

Glad the Annan boy is fine. He genuinely looked in distress and I thought he had got a bad injury. 

9 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Very balanced reports apart  from the previous 2 clowns.

Were they  the 2 Buckie idiots causing trouble at the Stat ion 

Embarassing, ,don't  really want  to know.

Tits we may well be, but our sentence construction is exemplary next to yours. Not to mention your room for debate. 

For a 'Philosopher', you're no Confucious or Plato, are you?

Archived