Annan Athletic vs Clyde

The sensible thing here is you completely accidentally let us win on Saturday to help our title hopes then we'll beat all the teams around you so you get in the playoffs
Don't worry, nobody monitors this bloody site, and even if they did we'd just make out our accounts were hacked......#winning :thumsup2
And the winner of post of the week [emoji122]

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a belter of a game Annan on good form our confidence is sky high scoring and not conceeding goals If we are to win the title we need to go to places like Annan and win
We have the better players , but that guarantees nothing if we work as hard as the last 3 month then we will win

3 1 to the Clyde

i reckon it’ll be another tight game. Norway did well against Cowdenbeath but Annan will provide a tougher challenge. Not sure if it’s nerves or constantly checking the league table hoping each time we’ve got an extra point but as long as we don’t lose ground on the top two this weekend I’ll be happy!

Ps. Stirling will secure the 4th playoff spot !

17 minutes ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

i reckon it’ll be another tight game. Norway did well against Cowdenbeath but Annan will provide a tougher challenge. Not sure if it’s nerves or constantly checking the league table hoping each time we’ve got an extra point but as long as we don’t lose ground on the top two this weekend I’ll be happy!

Ps. Stirling will secure the 4th playoff spot !

They have certainly improved since the ex. Annan Assistant manager moved  there !

16 hours ago, BrigtonClyde said:

But do you think your club sees it that way Jim ?  I'm sure your supporters would like to move up, but Annan come across as basically being a social club with an affiliated football team.  So obviously don't want to get anywhere near relegation trouble, but as long as every second Saturday the social club tills are ringing, things ticking along OK, no additional pressure or obligations that come from going up the leagues, ground's sufficient, get the occasional decent cup tie etc etc.

Maybe make the odd playoff to retain interest while taking care no to go and actually win the bloody thing......;)

That's a very valid question and some good points. I have no idea what the thoughts are behind the scenes but things are ticking along nicely on the park. Its a good young team with a decent number of local players (either D&G or Cumbria) developing together nicely under good management, IF promotion was to happen within the next few seasons there's no reason to believe Annan would be straight back down as you'd hope these guys would continue to grow together.

Also the average age of the fan base is pretty high, it would be great for the old boys to see some success and would hopefully draw in some younger locals.

On the other side of the coin, it'll be interesting to see how this league looks in a few years time if/when some of the old junior teams make it through the Lowland League. There could be a few strong teams with good followings in far far bigger population hubs. If a team like Annan was to get sucked down in amongst that it could be really difficult to get back, so steady top half league 2 is rightly appealing in that scenario.

Can I ask how many seats are allocated to away fans?  The rain for the next 24 hours looks like Ark proportions

As far as I'm aware no specific number is allocated for away fans. Large away support generally fill up the seats farthest from the clubhouse though.

There has also been a few times where there was no seating left. Would expect a good number through tomorrow so hopefully common sense will prevail. 

Common sense but never commonly used Karpaty in most walks of lifes..

Considering driving down with my wee girl (6yr old) but NOT a chance i.d have her standing out in the open end..

Not holding my breath

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Can I ask how many seats are allocated to away fans?  The rain for the next 24 hours looks like Ark proportions

11 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Common sense but never commonly used Karpaty in most walks of lifes..

Considering driving down with my wee girl (6yr old) but NOT a chance i.d have her standing out in the open end..

Not holding my breath

I don't know the exact answer but I've seen them bring the "segregation" chain closer to halfway when larger away supports have been anticipated.

If not, the home seats closer to the chain are generally filled by older folk and some players' family members, I'm sure they wouldn't mind you sitting in with them with your daughter 

I don't know the exact answer but I've seen them bring the "segregation" chain closer to halfway when larger away supports have been anticipated.
If not, the home seats closer to the chain are generally filled by older folk and some players' family members, I'm sure they wouldn't mind you sitting in with them with your daughter 
Lovely gesture and i would do the same in reversed positions..

Though this should be a club organised matter not down to indiviuals to give up their seats...

Just Quick Q. Between Covered terracing and covered standing,What do they both hold together and could they both handle a crowd of 3-400. Max..??!. 3rd division football after all!

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Just Quick Q. Between Covered terracing and covered standing,What do they both hold together and could they both handle a crowd of 3-400. Max..??!. 3rd division football after all!

Easy. Don't know terracing capacity but there's 500 seats, with some lost to media and board members of course.

Just took a quick estimate from a photo and I think where the segregation chain goes up leaves 120 seats for away fans

Declaring 500 seats, might have the taxman phoning. Could fit the whole crowd in there. 

422 i count. Where a crowd of slightly more than that can be expected, i'd say upping the numbers could be a bit of folly. Ground capacity given as 2504, and i'd hazard a guess that the covered end is perhaps slighly larger (never been in), there's then covered space for over almost 1500 people. Wee clubs always shift supporters when playing big teams, for the greater good. It's the thing to do, lads. No one ever gets wet at Broadwood. 

3 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Declaring 500 seats, might have the taxman phoning. Could fit the whole crowd in there. 

422 i count. Where a crowd of slightly more than that can be expected, i'd say upping the numbers could be a bit of folly. Ground capacity given as 2504

Not declaring anything, I'm not official, also not manually counting either. Ground capacity given as 2504 aye, with 500 seats, according to Wikipedia or Football Grounds Guide. That'll do for me and answers the previous question fine.

Broadwood, I actually like it. Sheltered as you say and never any bother finding a seat. What sort of numbers do you think you'd get (home fans) if you got back to the Championship?

Archived