Annan Athletic vs Clyde

The days of us filling the coffers in your club long gone JT ..   

Reason one or two of you sweetie wifes complained that much to your club officials simply because 4 of us stood in the covered end during a monsoon & our only crime was to support our time without doubt not going over the top,The game was 0-0 and the majority didnt want us turfed out in the rain & we left quietly just like our vocal support during 1st half...

Station bar and direct to game every time were down if we decide to drink in Annan at all with plenty of other options nearby..

Certainly not our loss
Thats disappointing to read. I think a good mix of home and away fans adds to the matchday atmosphere at any clubhouse or nearby pub in the division.

Regarding the kick off in the stand that day I stood and watched it unfold. If we're being honest nobody really come out of the incident looking like an adult. Start to finish the arguments and comments were a bit embarrassing if truth be told.

The choice is yours of course but I would still like to welcome all from Clyde and everywhere else for that matter into the clubhouse before and after the match.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the moment Chapman came through the doors he had a very strange approach to the point it made you wonder why he took the job
He seemed keen to make excuses for himself to fail from the outset.  Players won't sign for Clyde / are "afraid" to play due to the nature of the support.  Then the players he did bring in were in most cases no better than what we released, in some cases poorer.
As the season goes on and results get worse, you only need to listen to his post match interviews.  It was basically everyone else's fault, to the point he starts blaming his players - the ones he brought in - for either not listening to what he was saying, or making basic errors while at the same time trying to have his cake & eat it by telling us they were a great bunch of guys.  That's when he lost the dressing room and had to go.
Maybe he'd a bet on with somebody to see how quickly he could join a new club and rub absolutely everyone up the wrong way.....bizarre.
I think some of that nonsense started the year before at Galabank!

20 minutes ago, JimThorburn said:

Thats disappointing to read. I think a good mix of home and away fans adds to the matchday atmosphere at any clubhouse or nearby pub in the division.

Regarding the kick off in the stand that day I stood and watched it unfold. If we're being honest nobody really come out of the incident looking like an adult. Start to finish the arguments and comments were a bit embarrassing if truth be told.

The choice is yours of course but I would still like to welcome all from Clyde and everywhere else for that matter into the clubhouse before and after the match.

I wasn't at the match in question, however as a usually regular attender at our GB fixtures, i hasten to point out a glaring fact that has gathered largely since our 3-2 win there on Boxing Day, 2015. That being a very noticable change in Clyde's results there, and in general, and the warmth of reception given in the area when daring to celebrate these. It's not just Annan, i may add, but the welcome was much more sincere when it was likely we'd get gubbed. 

The biggest change I've noticed around the fixture is a growing sense of desperation amongst Clyde fans to get out of the League 2 rat trap.
Nothing wrong with it as we at Galabank would also love the chance to test ourselves in League 1.
The Annan-Clyde rivalry in recent seasons has been great. Gives the fixture something extra.

9 minutes ago, JimThorburn said:
18 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:
No one "belongs" anywhere, Jim. That attitide is probably a reason why despite a clean slate, it's been 11 years of solid shite down your way. 

Did it take long to recover from that humour bypass Officer?

You said "rivalry". I'm merely offering up the sideshow.

2 hours ago, JimThorburn said:

Nothing wrong with it as we at Galabank would also love the chance to test ourselves in League 1.

But do you think your club sees it that way Jim ?  I'm sure your supporters would like to move up, but Annan come across as basically being a social club with an affiliated football team.  So obviously don't want to get anywhere near relegation trouble, but as long as every second Saturday the social club tills are ringing, things ticking along OK, no additional pressure or obligations that come from going up the leagues, ground's sufficient, get the occasional decent cup tie etc etc.

Maybe make the odd playoff to retain interest while taking care no to go and actually win the bloody thing......;)

But do you think your club sees it that way Jim ?  I'm sure your supporters would like to move up, but Annan come across as basically being a social club with an affiliated football team.  So obviously don't want to get anywhere near relegation trouble, but as long as every second Saturday the social club tills are ringing, things ticking along OK, no additional pressure or obligations that come from going up the leagues, ground's sufficient, get the occasional decent cup tie etc etc.
Maybe make the odd playoff to retain interest while taking care no to go and actually win the bloody thing......[emoji6]
To be fair your assessment is accurate of how we were up until a few years ago. We've completed the change to a CBS over the last 18 months and everyone at the club is now looking to the future. I'm not saying that promotion is what everyone is talking about but I'm confident we'd be able to meet the challenges of league 1 head on should we ever make it there. We have a good setup at the club now and things have certainly changed. Hopefully over the next few years we'll reap the benefits of that on the park.

Annanathletic first season in the  league was 2008/09.

Annan finishing position                                                                        Clydes finishing position

7  th.        3rd div. Now league 2                      2008/09                     10th.    (1st div now championship)

8  th.        3rd  div.now league 2                        2009/10                    10 th.    (2nd div. now league 1 )

Then since we've both been in the bottom league.

Annan finishes  :  4,6,8,2,5,5,4,7                total 41 average 5.1

Clyde finishes  :  10,9,9,4,6,3,9,5                total 55 average  6.9                   

9 hours ago, BrigtonClyde said:

From the moment Chapman came through the doors he had a very strange approach to the point it made you wonder why he took the job

He seemed keen to make excuses for himself to fail from the outset.  Players won't sign for Clyde / are "afraid" to play due to the nature of the support.  Then the players he did bring in were in most cases no better than what we released, in some cases poorer.

As the season goes on and results get worse, you only need to listen to his post match interviews.  It was basically everyone else's fault, to the point he starts blaming his players - the ones he brought in - for either not listening to what he was saying, or making basic errors while at the same time trying to have his cake & eat it by telling us they were a great bunch of guys.  That's when he lost the dressing room and had to go.

Maybe he'd a bet on with somebody to see how quickly he could join a new club and rub absolutely everyone up the wrong way.....bizarre.

To the very moment his asst came “through  the doors”  :))))

14 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Annan finishing position                                                                        Clydes finishing position

7  th.        3rd div. Now league 2                      2008/09                     10th.    (1st div now championship)

8  th.        3rd  div.now league 2                        2009/10                    10 th.    (2nd div. now league 1 )

There's no argument with that. We've been atrocious for a decade and the league table doesn't lie

The difference is the ambitions a club and a support has, whether you accept it or demand more.  We were in real danger of going down the same road up until a couple of years ago, but there's a different mindset now which is as it should be, albeit early stages

You've been in this league 10 years and had some decent sides, better than some of the teams who have been promoted....always seemed to just mysteriously fall away at the business end. Your fellow supporter has just confirmed that was the case, but maybe from what he's saying your club's changing for the better now also

Yes unfortunately our club was run into the ground by a bowling club mentality and mismanagement in an industrial scale culminating in trying to sell the club name which alienated a large section if the fans
Different story now recruitment of a proper football manager an ambitious chairman actively engaging with fans creating a we are all in this together mentality around the club The relationship between fans and players the best in nearly two decades
Considering the utter shambles we were 18 months ago we are in great shape

25 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Hope so.Without putting a curse on it looks like we should make the play offs in 4th.spot.

After that who knows - the last 2 weeks have shown we can beat the best in the league and Murphy always has well organised teams - could be our year !

The sensible thing here is you completely accidentally let us win on Saturday to help our title hopes then we'll beat all the teams around you so you get in the playoffs

Don't worry, nobody monitors this bloody site, and even if they did we'd just make out our accounts were hacked......#winning :thumsup2

Archived