Hearts v Livi

Well that was horrific.

Levein really hasn't figured out how to play Livingston at all. Long straight balls all night. Like to see the offside goal again and about two minutes later Naismith played in and had to be inside.

Livingston first half were a probably up there with the worst football teams I've seen. Even when they had time and space it was laces through it anywhere. Second half they at least tried to get out a bit.

Livingston aside, Hearts had like two shots at goal which isn't good enough.

Hopefully livi can stay bottom six so no one has to watch us play each other again.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d have taken a point before the game but feel Hearts were there for the taking tonight. Still, it stops the losing streak and a decent point away!

Odoffin and Lawson were brilliant tonight! Lamie needs to be starting when fit, he’s always solid. Hardie isolated up there on his own didn’t really get a sniff against a big hearts defence.

Hearts fans are unbelievable! Don’t think I’ve seen a set of fans whinging more than them this season [emoji23] unbeaten against them in the league and kept them out every time [emoji57]

Thought we were all right in the first half - Ian Black was slavering pish at half time when he said there'd been no passing - we passed the ball quite well in the first half.

Souttar was good bringing the ball out from the back in the first half, but Livi put a stop to that - Djoum had a good first half but faded - Clare can play, but doesn't impose himself on a game.

Thought Shaughnessy was very good before being subbed to change the formation.

Big Uche was a handful for Livi late on, but it was probably Livi who came closest to scoring with a couple of headers that were saved - we created very few actual chances.

In typical Levein fashion, we don't have enough players who can create or score goals - especially against a side that are mainly focused on stopping you creating and scoring goals.

There was flashpoint in the first half with Claire and a Live defender - think Claire may have been lucky to escape punishment there - any c**t see the whole incident?

Stuck to our task well and got a well deserved point. Plus points for me tonight were back 3 solid and never gave much away. Byrne and Pittman back to there usual self’s very good tonight all over the hearts midfield along with Lawson who done well. Lamie solid. Oddoffin some great crosses into box but tired late on. Hardie worked hard for team. Good point to stop the bad run

8 hours ago, paranoid android said:

There was flashpoint in the first half with Claire and a Live defender - think Claire may have been lucky to escape punishment there - any c**t see the whole incident?

There was nothing in it, they came together and the the Livingston player, Halkett maybe, held onto Clare as they fell down.  When they were on the deck he held onto Clare's arm and wouldn't release it, looking for a reaction I think but it never really came and they untangled themselves.

Livi had a plan and stuck to it well. Not too dissimilar from ourselves in the 2nd half against Killie.
Would have been a different game if Naismith’s goal in the first half had stood, but other than that, a late half hearted penalty claim and half chance for Uche we done very little to break them down and win the game. Credit to Livi, disappointing from us.

14 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Cannot critique one letter of that.  :greatpost:

Pretty shit performance against a pretty shit team.

Extended our lead over the shittiest of wee teams. ^_^

Thrilled to get a point in this game. The least the fellas deserved. Don’t think we should have had more than a point as Hearts did have a lot of the play without doing a lot. Halkett Gallagher Lithgow back together and as good as they’ve been all season. Some quality at the top

end of the pitch is desperately needed. Not sure what Hardie offers to the team? Naismith or Clare or the big guy who came on all far more effective at keeping the ball for

Hearts than Hardie was for us. Both wing backs put in a great shift and the midfield 3 worked tirelessly. Delighted for Kelly looking back to his solid self, this is what we are going to get with a young inexperienced goalkeeper, a couple of lows along with the highs. That’s him now back level with the most shutouts in the league if I’m correct? A great stat for the young lad in his first season in the top flight. Big few weeks coming up. Can’t wait for Dundee already, I’m sure we will win that and then all is looking well again.

3 hours ago, Livisteve72 said:

Thrilled to get a point in this game. The least the fellas deserved. Don’t think we should have had more than a point as Hearts did have a lot of the play without doing a lot. Halkett Gallagher Lithgow back together and as good as they’ve been all season. Some quality at the top

end of the pitch is desperately needed. Not sure what Hardie offers to the team? Naismith or Clare or the big guy who came on all far more effective at keeping the ball for

Hearts than Hardie was for us. Both wing backs put in a great shift and the midfield 3 worked tirelessly. Delighted for Kelly looking back to his solid self, this is what we are going to get with a young inexperienced goalkeeper, a couple of lows along with the highs. That’s him now back level with the most shutouts in the league if I’m correct? A great stat for the young lad in his first season in the top flight. Big few weeks coming up. Can’t wait for Dundee already, I’m sure we will win that and then all is looking well again.

Think you are harsh on Hardie, the laddie has to basically chase lost causes for long periods of play. Livi the whole first half literally just hit aimless punts, not even long passes. The guy has a tough gig.

I always feel he is dangerous.

13 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

There was nothing in it, they came together and the the Livingston player, Halkett maybe, held onto Clare as they fell down.  When they were on the deck he held onto Clare's arm and wouldn't release it, looking for a reaction I think but it never really came and they untangled themselves.

Fair enough -  I'd though Claire had flung an arm at him, but I was a long way away, 

Archived