Hearts v Livi

So, this is happening on Wednesday night - another freezing cold night in Gorgie, no doubt.

Was a wee bit concerned when Michael Smith was subbed the other night - hope he makes it for this.

Decisions to be made re Shaughnessy or Dikamona and Mulraney or Mitchell and  Lee and Morrison.

Vanecek will still be short of puff even if he shakes off his ankle knock.

Tough game again, but we need a win.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stewart

Gallagher Halkett Brown

Odoffin Lawson Jacobs Pittman Lamie

Menga Hardie

Won't happen but I think it would be good to mix things up given the run we're on. Lithgow, Byrne and Kelly will keep their places in reality.

We’ve been really poor lately and Saturday was pretty horrific especially the first half, something needs to change, we are far too predictable now. 

Kelly, Odoffin, Gallagher, Halkett, Lamie, Lawson, Jacobs, Byrne, Pittman, Hardie, Tiffoney. 

Tiffoney deserves to keep his starting place, was one of very few shining lights to come out of the weekend, his energy alone was enough but he also showed he can play a bit and has a fair bit of pace to burn. 

Keep Menga on the bench and bring him on to try and get at a tiring defence, he was good when he came on at the weekend and his unpredictability might pay off from the bench.

Either way I don’t see us getting much from this game but I want to see something different game plan wise, but I especially want to see that drive and endeavour that we are used to return, it’s been lacking recently. 

Whether we are in a state of we’ve done the job of staying up or not I don’t know, we have to be very careful not to get dragged into it, a good performance here to raise morale is a must at the very least.

45 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is Lithgow injured?

No, might be harsh but I feel we need to go to a back 4 so someone has to come out, no point putting one of the centre backs at left or right back when we have players that can play in those positions naturally. 

Saying that I don’t think it’ll happen, and if we do go to a 4 Gallagher will probably go out to the right. 

4-3-2-1 might be a goer.

Kelly
Odoffin, Gallagher, Halkett, L’amie
Lawson, Byrne, Pittman
Menga, Tiffoney
Hardie

Definitely see the attraction of changing it up a bit, but we’ve not been too unsuccessful at Tynecastle this season. 0-0 when hearts were winning literally everything and a 1-0 defeat to a class goal. We don’t need to change it up too much.

It would be very frustrating but not a great deal surprising if we win away to Killie then drop points at home against Livi. Could be any number of formations and lineups for us so I won’t even try, as PA says though hopefully Mick Smith is fit.

There should be no changes from Friday night's starting eleven for us.

Ideal that we've had an extra day between matches for this and also that we don't play Auchinshoogle till the Sunday, who we'll pap with a weakened side anyway.

Hopefully a comfortable home win, with Motherwell and St Mirren up next in the league.

I'd stick with the usual back 3 and 3 grafters in midfield, problem  is the WB's, Lawless is good going forward but weak in defence, but we get away with that most games, we wont against Hearts though. Jack McMillan had to come on and help out Gallagher in that 0-0 draw at Tynecastle when we were getting exposed down that flank. Odoffin and Lamie have to start or we'll get ripped down the wings again.

Keaghan may still be injured though, if he is then  i'd stick Lawson in alongside Byrne and Pittman.

Not too bothered who partners Hardie up front from Tiffoney and Menga, they'd both run at the Hearts defence and soften them up for the other to come on as a 2nd half sub.

I don't go along with the doom and gloom merchants thinking 'we've been sussed/found out, get the starting line up correct and we wont be a pushover, and I think we just need that first goal to get us going again, Hardie will find the net soon.

I hate playing teams who've just taken a pumping because they always seem to shut up shop for the next match and make things difficult. Livingston have shown they can do that to good effect this season.

Happy enough to go with the same team as Friday. Uche to make the bench?

No changes aside from maybe seeing Godinho in the lineup. Smith hasn't done anything wrong to be out of the team but neither had Godinho and he has been dropped after scoring his first goal for the club against St. Johnstone. It's a weird cycle.

Archived