Celtic vs Hibs

31 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Not going to happen but I would love to see Weah and Burke up front in a 4-4-2.

Burke usually played as a winger at Nottingham Forest I believe, with James Forrest out on Wednesday night I have a feeling Burke may play there with Weah through the middle. Not entirely convinced Burke is an out and out centre forward, plays with back to goal most of the time and drops too deep at times in what to me appears his natural instinct, would perhaps work as part of a front two but not on his own for me. 

At one point in the first  half at St Johnstone yesterday he drifted to the left and skinned the full back with a fierce turn of pace and strength and  we almost scored when he tried to fool the goalkeeper at his near post,  I think that kind of position and scenario is where we would get most joy from him.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Burke usually played as a winger at Nottingham Forest I believe, with James Forrest out on Wednesday night I have a feeling Burke may play there with Weah through the middle. Not entirely convinced Burke is an out and out centre forward, plays with back to goal most of the time and drops too deep at times in what to me appears his natural instinct, would perhaps work as part of a front two but not on his own for me. 

At one point in the first  half at St Johnstone yesterday he drifted to the left and skinned the full back with a fierce turn of pace and strength and  we almost scored when he tried to fool the goalkeeper at his near post,  I think that kind of position and scenario is where we would get most joy from him.

Yeah I think Burke could end up being one of those players where your never too sure what his best position could be. I thought he was one of those modern day wingers with pace and power but little awareness however the runs he has made since being with us has pulled defendeders away and creates space for others. The pace him and Weah have together could tear potentially apart most defences up here.

3 hours ago, biggestderby1-5 said:

to watch your team i hope you wrap it round your face

Not possible. Everyone watching Celtic play Hibs at Parkhead already has their faces covered, like so:

1979650_272306339611298_5036869_n.jpeg?w

As you can no doubt tell from the facial expressions on these gentlemen, these are part of the Hibernian contingent, contemplating the recent appointments to the managerial and playing staff.

5 hours ago, biggestderby1-5 said:

will you be wearing your half and half scarf

Don't be silly, he'll be wearing a Celtic scarf, and i'll be wearing a Hibs scarf, it's what the Celtic/Hibs family do.

I remember when we could have won the league at Easter Road last season but we wanted to win it against the orcs the following week to rub there noses in it so we let them beat us, it was an amazing day.

Archived