Aberdeen vs A Class Above Aberdeen

1 minute ago, MJC said:

I don't disagree that there is a section of the media who magnify any incident relating to your club significantly more than they would do for a player of any other club and indeed, fans of various other clubs follow suit in that regard but it doesn't change the fact that your goalkeeper has plenty of 'previous' when it comes to 'dirty' challenges which he has got away with on a good few occasions over the past season alone.

The problem is more the SFA citing process, it just doesn't make sense. If McGregor's tackle had been against us id have been screaming for a red, some you get and some you don't... That's always been fitba.

If the SFA are going to keep citing players then they need to be more transparent about their methods, especially when you take into account other recent incidents.

10 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

You are aware that there was no "protection" necessary when he gathered the ball? It wasn't a 50:50 or a 70:30 or even a 90:10.
He was 100% collecting that ball and the forward wasn't posing any physical danger to the 'keeper; no diving in, raised foot or stamp.

The "protection" argument is typical diversionary babble kicked up by those that think they can cheat the correct decision making of the appropriate authority.
Sevco are the equivalent of someone getting clocked doing 140 mph and querying the validity of the instruments calibration.

At least the Sevco mouthpiece McAllister looked thoroughly embarrassed on tv when he defended the foul.

I doubt that I could change your mind but thanks for the effort.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, bennett said:

The problem is more the SFA citing process, it just doesn't make sense. If McGregor's tackle had been against us id have been screaming for a red, some you get and some you don't... That's always been fitba.

If the SFA are going to keep citing players then they need to be more transparent about their methods, especially when you take into account other recent incidents.

I doubt that I could change your mind but thanks for the effort.

Your second point is perfectly valid, the lack of transparency is absolutely horrendous.  Generally the winners in this lack of transparency/consistency, however, are Sevco and Celtic, that's what gets every other team and their fans angry. 

As an example, if I recall correctly, the Dundee United nutter (name escapes me but he picked up the ball in a huff and walked off with it) took a completely frustrated air swipe at a Celtic player that was quite clearly well out of reach and had no intent of actually connecting with the player.  Red card was dubious but understanable, being upheld at the tribunal was a disgrace.  Morelos quite blatantly makes contact kicking a player and he gets the red rescinded.  Some of Brown's 'tackles' are horrendous but he escapes the citings year after year.

Your last point seems to have whooshed you some what.

10 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Your second point is perfectly valid, the lack of transparency is absolutely horrendous.  Generally the winners in this lack of transparency/consistency, however, are Sevco and Celtic, that's what gets every other team and their fans angry. 

As an example, if I recall correctly, the Dundee United nutter (name escapes me but he picked up the ball in a huff and walked off with it) took a completely frustrated air swipe at a Celtic player that was quite clearly well out of reach and had no intent of actually connecting with the player.  Red card was dubious but understanable, being upheld at the tribunal was a disgrace.  Morelos quite blatantly makes contact kicking a player and he gets the red rescinded.  Some of Brown's 'tackles' are horrendous but he escapes the citings year after year.

Your last point seems to have whooshed you some what.

Guess which team has had the most players cited....

The Morelos kick if I recall was a rescinded to a yellow as it was seen as being petulant rather than an attempt to injure.  Was it really any worse than Powers recent antics?

Iogp9PK.jpg

The funny thing is that a lot of these people will have been pissing themselves laughing at Celtic a matter of weeks ago for paranoia etc, without seeing one hint of irony in it all.

The number of people on both sides of the pantomime Glasgow divide that believe with such conviction that the SFA is out to get them is quite frightening.

The overall sentiment that there needs to be a review into the disciplinary process is correct though, every other club has been saying it for months.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The funny thing is that a lot of these people will have been pissing themselves laughing at Celtic a matter of weeks ago for paranoia etc, without seeing one hint of irony in it all.

The number of people on both sides of the pantomime Glasgow divide that believe with such conviction that the SFA is out to get them is quite frightening.

The overall sentiment that there needs to be a review into the disciplinary process is correct though, every other club has been saying it for months.

I think that we could make more of the whole trial by sportscence concept. it's a ratings winner, guaranteed.

14 hours ago, bennett said:

Guess which team has had the most players cited....

The Morelos kick if I recall was a rescinded to a yellow as it was seen as being petulant rather than an attempt to injure.  Was it really any worse than Powers recent antics?

Is it the dirtiest bunch of cheating b*****ds in the League ?

Archived