Aberdeen vs A Class Above Aberdeen

Gutted to lose that. Over the course of the 90 minutes we definitely deserved the win but that's how it goes.
Incredibly frustrating to have to complain about another referee performance when the new club is involved. Yes, it's a stonewall penalty but there are two mistakes (the offside and the freekick which is given) immediately before it. Hopefully, we get VAR in place and this type of thing is picked up on.
Two of the most blatant red cards you will ever see. Not sure how either team has any grounds to appeal. Morelos stamps on McKenna and he retaliates. Whether he catches him or not has nothing to do with it. From then on there was only one team in it. McGregor escaping a red is par for the course. Sickening.
Defoe is finished. A late goal against a gung ho team aside he offered nothing. He's not going to get that space against some of the struggling teams and Celtic will defend so high he doesn't have the legs to get in behind.
If that rangers team finishes within 15 points of Celtic, I'll be surprised. Especially now Celtic have freshened things up.
All that aside, a cracking game of football. Had everything but would rather have played crap and won 1-0.

You didn’t deserve to win that game.

Defoe was always going to struggle when he came on as he was up top himself. Gerrard knew they would probably get a break and defoe would finish it. He was proven correct.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's a tangle of legs and he's trying not to stamp on McKenna, Madden took the safe option in sending him off, knowing that if he's wrong then he'll face less criticism that way.

I've a feeling that the SFA will cave in to the mhob tho....

Now THAT is funny!

It's a tangle of legs and he's trying not to stamp on McKenna, Madden took the safe option in sending him off, knowing that if he's wrong then he'll face less criticism that way.
I've a feeling that the SFA will cave in to the mhob tho....

Oh, you

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

In the ref's defence, he has to judge the player's  intention in real time. McKenna gave him a decision to make.  I'd class the pen as harsh but understandable.

And credit to the ref, he gave the penalty just as Dallas did (several times) on Saturday.

Strange that when the ref has a 50/50 decision , when RADA FC are involved, that decision suddenly becomes 99/1 in favour of the Ayebrokes club!

Shock horror!!! RADA FC are appealing the Morelos red card. What planet are they on??

1 minute ago, laughing gravie said:

And credit to the ref, he gave the penalty just as Dallas did (several times) on Saturday.

Strange that when the ref has a 50/50 decision , when RADA FC are involved, that decision suddenly becomes 99/1 in favour of the Ayebrokes club!

Shock horror!!! RADA FC are appealing the Morelos red card. What planet are they on??

They one where they appealed an off the ball kick and got it overturned.

The one where McGregor regularly assaults people with impunity.

The one where Morelos can commit three red card offences in a game and none are punished - even when examined using video evidence clear to everyone else.

That planet.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

I've a feeling that the SFA will cave in to the mhob tho….

Has he cleaned his act up all of a sudden??????????

9 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

They one where they appealed an off the ball kick and got it overturned.

The one where McGregor regularly assaults people with impunity.

The one where Morelos can commit three red card offences in a game and none are punished - even when examined using video evidence clear to everyone else.

That planet.

The very one Bobby.

Not like it is a one off occurrence either

Aberdeen FC showing they possess class and not appealing the McKenna card, whereas The Zombies have obviously checked out that this week's panel members are also Lodge members and continue to make a mockery of the appeal system safe in knowledge that they hold all the aces.

On separate issues, expect McGregor will be rewarded with further national caps and young Ferguson will have his yellow card upgraded to a red and a three match ban.

Morelos is an odious wee dick but he’s pretty harmless really, he instinctively lashes out. McGregor is an absolute scumbag, and a coward, that actively goes out to hurt people - as long as he knows he won’t get hurt. He’s calculated in what he does.

A player I’d love to see someone smash. 

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

If the referee had blown up already or the linesman flagged, then yes it would be irrelevant, but neither of those things happened, so the ref was correct to give the penalty.

It's two separate arguments.  

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You can sit in the VAR room.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Do I get to wear the full ref kit whilst doing it?

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

If you own a full Rangers kit already you won't even need to buy any new gear

2 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Yes, you can buy one at Sports Direct 

2 hours ago, Northboy said:

I don't think you can - pretty sure ref kit is only available from the SFA to registered referees. 

And whoosh!

Archived