Aberdeen vs A Class Above Aberdeen

I would also imagine there’s a fair bit of cheating with the appeal being lodged as well. Rangers will be presuming, probably correctly, that the appeal won’t be heard until after their Scottish Cup match away to Killie. Rangers know that the Scottish  Cup is their only chance of a trophy, and they know that Killie is a difficult game where they will need Morelos, the football player, to be playing to give them a decent chance of winning. If they lose on Saturday their season is over, so, using hindsight, the appeal was inevitable. If the peal is thrown out, an extra two games should be added on to his ban for abusing the system.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

ETA -

Aberdeen 8

Hibs 11 

All competitions

Aberdeen's is definitely 9. Knocking Celtic out of the Scottish cup in 2014 only made it by 2 days but still counts.:lol:

Hadn't realised Hibs had won as many as that. I know they normally give Celtic more of a game than we have but didn't realise they had that many wins.

5 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Gutted to lose that. Over the course of the 90 minutes we definitely deserved the win

Great input. Mustered as much effort as your fans did to save your previous club.

You had five shots on target. You would have had to have scored with every single one of them to have won the game. Blubbering that you deserved to win a game when you had less shots on target, half as many goals and possession being evenly split is nonsense. 

And before you cry about the penalty when a player deliberately places their hand\arms into an unnatural position in the box they had better have a very good idea where the ball is. Its basic professionalism. 

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Aberdeen's is definitely 9. Knocking Celtic out of the Scottish cup in 2014 only made it by 2 days but still counts.:lol:

Hadn't realised Hibs had won as many as that. I know they normally give Celtic more of a game than we have but didn't realise they had that many wins.

Sorry,  fat fingers :whistle

Remember, lots of ours were also against The Thes in the seaside leagues.

14 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

‘He hasn’t played in two years and a waste of money’ though Kinc?

We perhaps won’t get anywhere near that mob come May, but I’ll settle for Defoe sending the hateful hordes at Pittodrie back home to their hovels empty handed tonight thanks. GIRFUY

Or not make it home at all as one off your pals posted during the game  

1 minute ago, dorlomin said:

You had five shots on target. You would have had to have scored with every single one of them to have won the game. Blubbering that you deserved to win a game when you had less shots on target, half as many goals and possession being evenly split is nonsense. 

And before you cry about the penalty when a player deliberately places their hand\arms into an unnatural position in the box they had better have a very good idea where the ball is. Its basic professionalism. 

Rangers talking about basic professionalism 

Jose.PNG

1 minute ago, dorlomin said:

You do realise that the penalty shouldn’t have been given, don’t you, because the Rangers player challenging McKenna was clearly  offside when the free kick was taken? And add to that the other penalty that should have been given to us when your goalkeeper took out Ferguson above shin high with his studs. 

I would also imagine there’s a fair bit of cheating with the appeal being lodged as well. Rangers will be presuming, probably correctly, that the appeal won’t be heard until after their Scottish Cup match away to Killie. Rangers know that the Scottish  Cup is their only chance of a trophy, and they know that Killie is a difficult game where they will need Morelos, the football player, to be playing to give them a decent chance of winning. If they lose on Saturday their season is over, so, using hindsight, the appeal was inevitable. If the peal is thrown out, an extra two games should be added on to his ban for abusing the system.
I think the hearing is scheduled for tomorrow night.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that the penalty shouldn’t have been given, don’t you, because the Rangers player challenging McKenna was clearly  offside when the free kick was taken? And add to that the other penalty that should have been given to us when your goalkeeper took out Ferguson above shin high with his studs. 

Whilst you're probably right that he was offside, it wasn't given, so McKenna was a bit daft to be throwing his arms about whilst play was still going on.  Do your job, then you can claim for offside.

eta: That's not a dig at McKenna alone, it's a pet hate of mine when footballers stop playing to claim for something whilst the game is still going on.

2 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think the hearing is scheduled for tomorrow night.

I’ve just read that the hearing “could” take place on Friday evening any time after 17.00. That would be great, but it would not surprise me for it to be held over until next week, with “not enough time to prepare properly” statement to be used.

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Whilst you're probably right that he was offside, it wasn't given, so McKenna was a bit daft to be throwing his arms about whilst play was still going on.  Do your job, then you can claim for offside.

eta: That's not a dig at McKenna alone, it's a pet hate of mine when footballers stop playing to claim for something whilst the game is still going on.

I find myself agreeing with your second paragraph. However, that doesn’t alter the fact that the player was offside, and the handball was irrelevant.

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Correct.

Although they are separate issues.  Mckenna is an idiot for what he did, but technically it should not have been a pen.

ETA - I don't have too many gripes with it as the offside call was fairly marginal and it was extremely stupid from Mckenna.

Just now, kingjoey said:

I find myself agreeing with your second paragraph. However, that doesn’t alter the fact that the player was offside, and the handball was irrelevant.

If the referee had blown up already or the linesman flagged, then yes it would be irrelevant, but neither of those things happened, so the ref was correct to give the penalty.

It's two separate arguments.  

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

If the referee had blown up already or the linesman flagged, then yes it would be irrelevant, but neither of those things happened, so the ref was correct to give the penalty.

It's two separate arguments.  

You can sit in the VAR room.

Archived