Aberdeen vs A Class Above Aberdeen

With Rangers, unsurprisingly, appealing Morelos red card, I feel this will be the defining situation for the appeals panel this season. They have the chance here to ensure that the Laws of Football are adhered to, or they can just bottle it once again and give the rest of us no hope for the future.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

With Rangers, unsurprisingly, appealing Morelos red card, I feel this will be the defining situation for the appeals panel this season. They have the chance here to ensure that the Laws of Football are adhered to, or they can just bottle it once again and give the rest of us no hope for the future.

They'll rescind Morelos' and uphold McKennas, IMO.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If a stamp in the haw maws isn't upheld I can see him getting away with this.
Image result for anger management gif

They'll rescind Morelos' and uphold McKennas, IMO.
Genuinely hope thats the case. After the shitshow of a season so far in terms of crime and punishment, I would hate to see them keep their fingernails dug into any last little scrap of credibility.

Get Morelos rescinded yet again just so that everyone fully (if they dont already) realises what we are up against.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Ignoring the sending off I do rate McKenna but he does have shortcomings as a defender which still need to be worked on and certainly didnt have the best of games last night. Given he is starting to get injured a bit too I would be looking to cash on him in the summer.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, thepundit said:

Only if you're about 40+ is it a big rivalry.

I'm 33 so it's just a game with a bit of added spice. (similar to a game against Dundee Utd or Hibs for example)

Always thought the 'rivalry' was 80% Aberdeen and only 20% Rangers.  We're their rivals but they're not really ours. If Aberdeen start winning things again then that rivalry might even itself up a bit.

I see what you are saying but The Rangers fans are very fickle in that respect . Celtic will always be the main rival for non footballing reasons.    For years Aberdeen were the hated opponent after the Simpson/ Durant incident  but that was forgotten when Steven Thompson became the new  public enemy  and Dundee United took up the mantle.  Now that United have been out of the picture for a while that "rivalry" has settled a bit .  

These past few years there hasn't been a real villain  so it has turned full cycle and anyone criticising The Rangers must be a closet Celtic fan.   

Basically they just need someone to hate or pick a fight  with............................... An establishment trait it seems. 

9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

There is a strong hate for Motherwell on social media from the cream buns. Ever since the Playoffs and Bowman wrecking that centre half.

I'd like to think the card would stand but a recinded card for Morelos again would be some laugh.

Apart from MJC, of course.

Ah the old "we only bottle games because we have so many important games" excuse.
How many games against Celtic/Rangers have Aberdeen won over the past five years?

How many games have St Johnstone?

And why aren’t they considered bottle jobs?

Because St Johnstone don’t put themselves in the position to bottle it.

Win some/lose some. We’ve shown we have bottle on a number of occasions, we’re just not as good as them sometimes.

3 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

How many games have St Johnstone?

And why aren’t they considered bottle jobs?

Because St Johnstone don’t put themselves in the position to bottle it.

Win some/lose some. We’ve shown we have bottle on a number of occasions, we’re just not as good as them sometimes.

Correct.

ETA - this won't be good enough for RG, he'll be back with something about Mcinnes being tactically inept or the like

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

There is a strong hate for Motherwell on social media from the cream buns.

Yes, however - they also hate Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs, probably Killie.

The truth is, they are muppets and unless your club conforms to their religious model (nominally sectarian, but happy to sign kaffliks as long as they hate Celtic) they will at best dislike you.

Which is ok, as it means we all look on them as simpletons.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Morelos must have more points on his discipline card than he has goals, time to bring back the belt.

4 reds this season - as a striker (!) must be some kind of  fuckin record.

If the plum doesnt get his red rescinded, surely he must be on a mahoosive suspension for that many reds??????

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ah the old "we only bottle games because we have so many important games" excuse.

How many games against Celtic/Rangers have Aberdeen won over the past five years?

Off the top of my head at least 9.

Not much to get excited about but probably more than anyone else I would guess?

9 minutes ago, Green Day said:

4 reds this season - as a striker (!) must be some kind of  fuckin record.

If the plum doesnt get his red rescinded, surely he must be on a mahoosive suspension for that many reds??????

Not sure how the totting up is worked out with yellows included,must be close to a 3 or 4 game ban thou.

6 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Off the top of my head at least 9.

Not much to get excited about but probably more than anyone else I would guess?

ETA -

Aberdeen 8

Hibs 11 

All competitions

Archived