Aberdeen vs A Class Above Aberdeen

26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

McGregor to be retrospectively banned? Or maybe not, as it’s only his fourth red card offence this season. I reckon he will get to ten before May.

This is where an explanation is needed. For a statement to simply say the referee saw the incident and no further action will be taken is a disgrace of a statement. If they feel that requires no further action then a statement should be made on why they justify that stance and why they deem it acceptable. 

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp

I thought last night was our best performance of the season against Rangers, let down only by some rank awful defending at crucial times and some poor choices on the edge of their box.

Looking back on the game, Madden got the big incidents right, with the obvious exception of looking directly at McGregor's thuggery and letting it pass.

Overall though from a Dons point of view there were far more positive aspects than negative, and if we can keep that momentum going into Sunday then we should get past a tricky opponent in QoS, in what is arguably a bigger game for us than last night's.

Excellent news that Devlin will be back as well. He's been sorely missed.

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I thought last night was our best performance of the season against Rangers, let down only by some rank awful defending at crucial times and some poor choices on the edge of their box.

Looking back on the game, Madden got the big incidents right, with the obvious exception of looking directly at McGregor's thuggery and letting it pass.

Overall though from a Dons point of view there were far more positive aspects than negative, and if we can keep that momentum going into Sunday then we should get past a trick opponent in QoS, in what is arguably a bigger game for us than last night's.

Excellent news that Devlin will be back as well. He's been sorely missed.

The 3rd goal penalty decision should never have happened. He’s clearly offside when the free kick just taken and goes right to him. That’s why Mckennas hand is up. A penalty that never should have been is a pretty big mistake.

agree wit you about mcgregor, it’s a red and a penalty.  2 huge decisions in the game.

didnt deserve to lose that game, there’s very little between the 2 teams.

indecisive defending in the first half caused by fielding 3 centre half’s the only real difference.

3 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

This is where an explanation is needed. For a statement to simply say the referee saw the incident and no further action will be taken is a disgrace of a statement. If they feel that requires no further action then a statement should be made on why they justify that stance and why they deem it acceptable. 

This is the thing, these incidents are blatant yet both sides of the old firm get away with them time and time again and of course the media is all 100% behind them. Using last night as an example, the reporter interviewing Defoe & Kent found it difficult to hide his pleasure that Rangers had done it and won the match, it was actually cringeworthy but just what we've all come to expect. When you also have the pundits preaching the "pravda" about incidents that are 100% stonewall yet they somehow see it differently and twist the truth to suit their agenda then it just becomes too much.

As a neutral and supporter of a "normal" football team it just becomes so discouraging and sickening when you see everything go for the Old Firm week in week out and everything go against their opponents yet they have the audacity to claim that they are the victims, I mean, Jesus Christ, give us all a break.

Over and above that Rangers are particularly detestable with their horrible individuals on the park, in the stands and of course in the boardroom, however I suppose if nothing else it all adds to the "entertainment"...........

49 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

McKenna however looked to kick out at Morelos head/face the fact he missed is the only positive

The fact he missed summed up his entire performance.

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This is the thing, these incidents are blatant yet both sides of the old firm get away with them time and time again and of course the media is all 100% behind them. Using last night as an example, the reporter interviewing Defoe & Kent found it difficult to hide his pleasure that Rangers had done it and won the match, it was actually cringeworthy but just what we've all come to expect. When you also have the pundits preaching the "pravda" about incidents that are 100% stonewall yet they somehow see it differently and twist the truth to suit their agenda then it just becomes too much.

As a neutral and supporter of a "normal" football team it just becomes so discouraging and sickening when you see everything go for the Old Firm week in week out and everything go against their opponents yet they have the audacity to claim that they are the victims, I mean, Jesus Christ, give us all a break.

Over and above that Rangers are particularly detestable with their horrible individuals on the park, in the stands and of course in the boardroom, however I suppose if nothing else it all adds to the "entertainment"...........

My fault for using social media but old firm “fans” are a breed of their own. I feel myself get angrier and angrier reading their vile pish.  

I dare say other than for a chance to beat them games against the old firm quickly lose their appeal for top flight fans

8 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

My fault for using social media but old firm “fans” are a breed of their own. I feel myself get angrier and angrier reading their vile pish.  

I dare say other than for a chance to beat them games against the old firm quickly lose their appeal for top flight fans

Yes, you can actually see the home supports dwindling against them nowadays as it's just not worth the hassle of dealing with all the baggage. Don't get me wrong all our clubs have a few dafties and rockets supporting them, however it is a minority and not 90%.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, you can actually see the home supports dwindling against them nowadays as it's just not worth the hassle of dealing with all the baggage. Don't get me wrong all our clubs have a few dafties and rockets supporting them, however it is a minority and not 90%.

Thats it mate look at my club. More than our share of fuckwits many of whom are old firm arm chair supporters at heart. Even that is scunnering. Even outisde of the 90mins you can’t get away from it. Only good for the little cash boost to the teams that need it

4 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

I thought the ***s didn't consider Aberdeen as rivals of any sort and didn't give them any more thought than they do to any other club.

Only if you're about 40+ is it a big rivalry.

I'm 33 so it's just a game with a bit of added spice. (similar to a game against Dundee Utd or Hibs for example)

Always thought the 'rivalry' was 80% Aberdeen and only 20% Rangers.  We're their rivals but they're not really ours. If Aberdeen start winning things again then that rivalry might even itself up a bit.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Ooof

Still not over it then 

Nothing to get over, he wasn't our player.  The (unofficial) reasons that GS moved back to Pittodrie (bigger club, better opportunities to win trophies etc) I completely agree with.

I actually posted in the Aberdeen thread just a few weeks before the move that Aberdeen should be trying to take our best players.  Think SOD was the player I mentioned.

6 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Nothing to get over, he wasn't our player.  The (unofficial) reasons that GS moved back to Pittodrie (bigger club, better opportunities to win trophies etc) I completely agree with.

I actually posted in the Aberdeen thread just a few weeks before the move that Aberdeen should be trying to take our best players.  Think SOD was the player I mentioned.

O donnell would be a good signing 

11 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Always thought the 'rivalry' was 80% Aberdeen and only 20% Rangers.  We're their rivals but they're not really ours. If Aberdeen start winning things again then that rivalry might even itself up a bit.

They need to beat Peterhead in the Challenge Cup final then?

19 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Only if you're about 40+ is it a big rivalry.

I'm 33 so it's just a game with a bit of added spice. (similar to a game against Dundee Utd or Hibs for example)

I'm sure a few will bite.  Nice effort.

26 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Don't think we'd have a chance unless we offered him crazy wages. Which we wouldn't.

EDIT: Not to say I don't think he's a good player. These days I'd absolutely take him over Logan.

3 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Unlike the zombie club, Aberdeen have actually won major trophies.

We also managed to win major trophies without the trophy presentation being in the changing room due to the support being raging simpletons.

Archived