Aberdeen vs A Class Above Aberdeen

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Northboy said:

Definitely the right decision, I didn't hear what AW said but can't see how anyone could argue otherwise. In another universe Aberdeen/McKenna/Rangers/Morelos might put up their hands and acknowledge they were wrong but I expect the usual appeals will follw.

Walker has lost the plot (or is a Rangers season ticket holder), he thought that Morelos was "very unfortunate" to be sent off and reckons it would be worth appealing.

Back in the the land of reality it was clearly Morelos who instigated the whole incident and it was verging on a Double Red as far as I could see, not only the incident itself but then the 7 rolls and the uncovering of the eye to check if the referee was watching on mid role number 3.

He's a disgrace and should be looking at a 5 game ban minimum.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

I don't find that to be too strange to be honest. Brophy did it against Sevco a couple of weeks ago and the majority of people loved it.

Morelos does it all the time though no matter the opposition.  He also never actually  smiles after he scores.  Seems like just a permanently angry little man . 

56 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

He was very good last night 

He was good at what he does best, taking players on. 

His end product wasn’t quite there though, so for me while he had a decent game he wasn’t ‘very good’.

11 minutes ago, davied85 said:

Looks to me as though morelos tries not to stamp on mckenna.deserves a red for the play acting if anything.rangers deserved the 3 points and the second goal was a cracker.

Wow. As already noted, he untangles his leg to stamp on the player.

Not sure how it would have come across on the tv either but almost every challenge in the air he did not contest but rather stared at the player and barged into him long after the header had been won.

No doubts I will be classed as Rangers are my big team but people trying to defend McKenna is unreal. Morelos deserves a card just for being Morelos even before a game is started. An absolute roaster who needs a major reality check. He can have no complaints for his red card and his reaction after the flash point was ridiculous. McKenna however looked to kick out at Morelos head/face the fact he missed is the only positive. Having seen the state of Oliveira’s face after the ming stamp and having witnessed a player needing stitches after being caught in the face with studs I have absolute no time for that. It wasn’t a flick and it was with his studs. If he connected with Morelos he would be facing a lengthy ban. Silly silly boy and I would give the benefit of the doubt that it will be due to a rush of blood and he will regret it.

As for Mcgregor its ridiculous how keepers seem to get away with that and similar incidents. Any outfield player catches someone that high and with force regardless of where it is on the park is facing a straight red and a ban. Keepers are entitled to protect themselves but what he did last night is unjustifiable. 

Just got round to catching highlights, some game, up there with ourlast game at Pittodrie. I know Aberdeen do have this bottle merchant tag but I at least they are giving us and sevco a proper go this season at home.

Ignoring the sending off I do rate McKenna but he does have shortcomings as a defender which still need to be worked on and certainly didnt have the best of games last night. Given he is starting to get injured a bit too I would be looking to cash on him in the summer.

I’d be interested to know what the medical team did for Morelos once they eventually came on after around two minutes of him lying motionless, holding his head and peeping out every now and again. What do the guys do when they know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the fraud lying on the deck trying to get the ref to forget to send him off? 

3 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

No doubts I will be classed as Rangers are my big team but people trying to defend McKenna is unreal. Morelos deserves a card just for being Morelos even before a game is started. An absolute roaster who needs a major reality check. He can have no complaints for his red card and his reaction after the flash point was ridiculous. McKenna however looked to kick out at Morelos head/face the fact he missed is the only positive. Having seen the state of Oliveira’s face after the ming stamp and having witnessed a player needing stitches after being caught in the face with studs I have absolute no time for that. It wasn’t a flick and it was with his studs. If he connected with Morelos he would be facing a lengthy ban. Silly silly boy and I would give the benefit of the doubt that it will be due to a rush of blood and he will regret it.

As for Mcgregor its ridiculous how keepers seem to get away with that and similar incidents. Any outfield player catches someone that high and with force regardless of where it is on the park is facing a straight red and a ban. Keepers are entitled to protect themselves but what he did last night is unjustifiable. 

McGregor to be retrospectively banned? Or maybe not, as it’s only his fourth red card offence this season. I reckon he will get to ten before May.

5 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

I've genuinely not seen anyone defending McKenna?

1 minute ago, diamond_for_life said:

Not just on about P&B but aye I would say defend is the wrong word I have used. I have seen comments from people justifying the incident. Thats a better statement. 

There's an argument to say if you're on the floor and someone stamps on you, you may naturally lash out.

But it's a red all day, particularly as it's aimed at his face.  No complaints at all.

2 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Not just on about P&B but aye I would say defend is the wrong word I have used. I have seen comments from people justifying the incident. Thats a better statement. 

Well, I can completely understand why he has done it but it's a red card all day.

Same with Moreos on the first game of the season. He was annoyed at being kicked or whatever but he didn't have to turn round and kick McKenna.

11 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Only because it was Morelos, however he deserved a Red anyway, if only for missing...............

Archived