Aberdeen vs A Class Above Aberdeen

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure it's over in regards to second. Play like we did in large stages against Hibs and tonight (in the second half, not if McInnes tries to be a smart arse as in the first) and we will be up their challenging.
We also have Cosgrove who is now scoring freely and Stewart is fitting in very nicely, just needs to be a bit quicker in making decisions when the pass/shot is on. Even without Cosgrove we looked good with Wilson linking up well against Hibs (admittedly they were shit), having one of his better matches.
Also been impressed by Hoban, would happily have him in a back four with Devlin or McKenna.
Plenty of positives and the performances haven't been anywhere near as dire to watch as they were before the split - even if we did have a brilliant December.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

If we can conclude a Rangers match thread without the usual pish that would be a real achievement.

2-4 was fair.

2-4 was as fair as a rainy day. The annoying thing is that when you see the still of the ball being crossed which led to McKenna’s handball, the Rangers player is ahead of McKenna and it was offside. But it appears that Rangers are getting all of the luck these past few days. Obviously it was also a penalty when McGregor brings down Ferguson. Overall though, a great match to be at, and great attitude from Aberdeen in the second half. Rangers missed Morelos a lot more than we missed McKenna, but clear cut chances were hard to come by. That’s when you need the referee to get the big calls right, which he didn’t.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Rangers missed Morelos a lot more than we missed McKenna, but clear cut chances were hard to come by.

This is true and it changed the pattern of the game.

What 'budget' allows you to do is bring on a player like  Defoe to slot away the 4th.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Alfredo the great seems like a lovely guy, you sir are simply envious...

There is no question that he is your best player by a long, long way, and any team would want him. However, your manager obviously can’t control him as he’s said he’s had words with him in the past about his behaviour. He certainly has a penchant for kicking opposition players in the testicles. 

Fair score. No complaints. We were honking in the first half. I thought individuals looked quite good, McKenna and Considine made some decent blocks, GMS and Cosgrove has their moments, but the shape was atrocious. Rangers looked so much more comfortable. One of these days I’d really like to see if we can just play our game against these fuckers (and Celtic) rather than reacting to what they’re doing. Our defence was carved open with simple movement because no one knew where they were supposed to be/who they were supposed to be marking.

Second half, after an early goal to get us back in it, all bets are off. I actually thought Morelos would have deserved a yellow and McKenna a red for the incident, but neither can really have any complaints. Morelos starts it but McKenna was the worse offender. It totally changes the game, and if Rangers had needed a goal at that point, I think they would have got it. As it was, we were chasing it, and Rangers seemed happy to soak up the pressure. As soon as Katic came on I knew what was happening. Crosses, heiders away, repeat. Likewise, as soon as Lowe came off and left us with two centre backs and naebdy else, I knew it would end 4-2.

Shinnie was incredible. Absolutely everywhere. Everyone else looked ok, but obviously we didn’t do enough.

The McGregor incident is a penalty and a red for me. HOWEVER, it’s one of those ones that you just never see given. It’s like when a striker gets a shot away in the box and then gets wiped out by the defender. Anywhere else on the pitch it’s a foul, but in the box, never given. Keepers won’t get pulled up for that sort of thing very often, across all football. I therefore don’t really blame Madden. I thought he had a good game.

f**k me though. I’m pretty down about this. Plenty of games to go though, we can still finish second IMO, but the title’s away.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is true and it changed the pattern of the game.

What 'budget' allows you to do is bring on a player like  Defoe to slot away the 4th.

The fourth was annoying, but fairly unimportant.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

There is no question that he is your best player by a long, long way, and any team would want him. However, your manager obviously can’t control him as he’s said he’s had words with him in the past about his behaviour. He certainly has a penchant for kicking opposition players in the testicles. 

Best player is between Alfredo and McGregor, hard to say who's the most important.

It looked like he got tangled up with McKenna and was trying not to stamp on him. Madden probably went for the safe option in sending off, if he's wrong then he'll face less stick that way...

Just now, bennett said:

Best player is between Alfredo and McGregor, hard to say who's the most important.

It looked like he got tangled up with McKenna and was trying not to stamp on him. Madden probably went for the safe option in sending off, if he's wrong then he'll face less stick that way...

It looks to me that he untangled his foot from McKenna in order to stamp between his legs. McKenna was stupid to react, but never actually touched him. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player lie on the ground motionless for around two minutes, holding his head, and the medical team from that team doesn’t come on to the pitch. They did eventually, but even the Rangers bench knew he was faking.

Alfredo the great seems like a lovely guy, you sir are simply envious...

You know how Liam Neeson got slaughtered in the press ?

Will I be on the news if I hope I bump into a dirty orange devil worshipping racist unionist b*****d when I nip out to make sure my garage and shed is locked tonight ?

Archived