Aberdeen vs A Class Above Aberdeen

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mental game.

Thought we were actually alright, second half especially. We threw everything at them but like it or not those c***s have a good shape about them when they have a lead to hold.

Shinnie absolutely immense.

Both pens were stonewallers, McKenna can’t have too many complaints about the red and I reckon morelos’ will get off with that after the fact.

Can’t have too many complaints about the score line really.

But I do fucking hate those c***s.

Just now, munro7 said:

Is there a more odious individual in football than McGregor?

I keep thinking his luck has to run out at some point, but he genuinely seems bullet proof.

He knew exactly what he was doing in that "challenge" with Ferguson tonight

As my old mate @Menzel says we are indeed a class above the sheep.

Tbh after the sending offs I thought that Gerrard had fckued up his tactics and the sheep were going to flatten us but having a top striker like Jermain Defoe come off the bench paid off brilliantly...

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

I keep thinking his luck has to run out at some point, but he genuinely seems bullet proof.

He knew exactly what he was doing in that "challenge" with Ferguson tonight

It'll probably run out in Kazakhstan or somewhere when he tries that on playing for Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

What was the TV view of McGregor’s ‘tackle’ on Ferguson? Looked an absolute shocker at the game. No doubt a red. 

Should have been a red and a pen, IMO. Anywhere else on the pitch and he’d have been off. Thought Madden had a decent game apart from that.

No complaints barring McGregor on Ferguson, hopefully he'll finally get his ban. Maybe Mckennas red harsh too if you consider whether its possible to not react to someone dragging studs down your barse. So 2 complaints.

But what a game. Morelos's 2 goals were beautifully taken and some of their passing in the first half was terrifying.

Much better second half performance from us, Shinnie in particular, GMS and GGS too but no cutting edge.

Harrumph.

2 minutes ago, Reina said:

Should have been a red and a pen, IMO. Anywhere else on the pitch and he’d have been off. Thought Madden had a decent game apart from that.

That was my thoughts from the South. If Ferguson’s leg is planted it gets broken. 

8 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

What was the TV view of McGregor’s ‘tackle’ on Ferguson? Looked an absolute shocker at the game. No doubt a red. 

Seen at least 5 replays on Sky and it should have been a red. If Ferguson had not seen it coming the split second before he would have a broken shin.

A really, really bad challenge.

No complaints barring McGregor on Ferguson, hopefully he'll finally get his ban. Maybe Mckennas red harsh too if you consider whether its possible to not react to someone dragging studs down your barse. So 2 complaints.

But what a game. Morelos's 2 goals were beautifully taken and some of their passing in the first half was terrifying.

Much better second half performance from us, Shinnie in particular, GMS and GGS too but no cutting edge.

Harrumph.

Agree with that.

Stewart is great but there are times I’d want him to make a decision a bit quicker. Sometimes feel he takes a wee bit too long. In the middle of the pitch too, not just in the final third.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Seen at least 5 replays on Sky and it should have been a red. If Ferguson had not seen it coming the split second before he would have a broken shin.

A really, really bad challenge.

Did they highlight it at all? 

We were almost too open in the first half, and we paid the price. There had been signs of Hibs getting too much time and space between our defence and midfield on Saturday, but they didn't fully exploit it; same again tonight, but Rangers unfortunately did take advantage. 

Shinnie was our best player, Mackay-Steven was also very good. Cosgrove played well and scored from open play without May. Hoban was impressive, but blotted his copybook at Defoe's goal, and I thought Considine did fine. Stewart was playing Barisic like a puppet in the second half, but his final ball - and especially his set pieces - occasionally let him down. McKenna's red card almost did us a favour, as that was his poorest game in a long time and it also got Morelos off, which absolutely wouldn't have happened unless McKenna also went. Logan also had a bad game. 

It certainly wasn't a boring game and there was plenty to like about us in the second half, but it is a big gut-punch nevertheless. 

16 minutes ago, Dink said:

Hi darling g it is u hi I hi kultur yiu ki t. I. I gnu gg gv iyh hi huyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too y hyiuyboybyijgkjyojiiyk ujygkjkjjgighiugouh h ujygkjkjjgighiugouh inky you'll jg just uyiugiuyiih yyy yyy you can have ikjyyyhk.

Always nice to see the Welsh get involved :lol:.

Archived