Aberdeen vs A Class Above Aberdeen

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

Of course not ffs :lol:

I was in two minds about posting it, some precious souls on Internet forums these days

Its not the murky world it used to be in the early 2000’s 

I was 99.9% sure on the hoax, but that 0.1% hope kept me going...

Scottish football needs more wind up merchantry.

36 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Of course not ffs :lol:

I was in two minds about posting it, some precious souls on Internet forums these days

Its not the murky world it used to be in the early 2000’s 

I laughed first then immediately thought that we will get shit in the media yet again. Ridiculous when you see some of the stuff we see from the OF fans.

McKenna will be a big miss, unfortunately. It's not that Hoban and Considine aren't capable and didn't play well against Hibs, but that McKenna can read Morelos like a book. McKenna is also our quickest centre-back, so being without him might mean that we play a bit deeper to prevent Morelos from getting too much space in behind. McInnes might be tempted to start Ball or even Gleeson to give the defence a bit more protection and to plug the gaps that sometimes appeared against Hibs between our midfield and defence. 

I was very impressed by Wilson in the second half on Saturday, he seemed to be a more natural fit to link with Stewart than Cosgrove is, and I would be tempted to start him regardless of whether Cosgrove is fit or not. Then again, Cosgrove is our main goal threat and hasn't really done anything worthy of being 'dropped'. I can see the arguments for both, and imagine McInnes will stick with Cosgrove if he has the choice, but, based on what Wilson showed at the weekend, I don't think it has to be a disaster if he doesn't make it. It is most important that Lewis is back, despite Cerny also doing fine when he came on. 

Score draw, I think. 

Following last season's shockers, we have earned 4pts from 6 - and a cup-semi final win against Sevco 5088 Ltd generally by very good defensively in these fixtures.

The first game was a bit of a non-event after Burnley, and their 10-men should probably have beaten us, but only managed to score a penalty that should never have been awarded due to an offside.

We weren't great in the LC semi, but contrived to win - and the Ibrox win was more deserved, but again a bit backs to the wall after the early goal and the ludicrous red card for Super Sam -  albeit seen out with more ease than Hampden.

Without being naive, and conscious of the second choice back three that we need to may play, it would be nice to go out and put on a bit of a show in this fixture.  The team definitely had a bit of mojo at Easter Road, and it would be nice to see us take the game to them here - although McInnes may feel that is too risky and stick another 'holder' in there.

Look forward to it, but also suspect a 1-1 is a likely outcome..............they seem to suit playing at Pittodrie as they can soak it up and counter - with The Rat generally having a good game, if he stays on the park.  They will feel they owe us, but AFC can also definitely play better in this fixture. 

Congrats to @Menzelfor the first non-contentious thread title penned by a diddy for years :P

Our record against Aberdeen this season is dismal.  There is some mitigation:

First game, we play majority of the game with 10 men and were unlucky not to hold on.
Second game - we fielded fucking Sadiq.
Third game - another sending off and a weakened team.

So as long as Stevie sticks with 433 and doesn't chuck Davis or Defoe in to the mix I'll go for a comfortable 0-2.

Congrats to [mention=48180]Menzel[/mention]for the first non-contentious thread title penned by a diddy for years [emoji14]
First game, we play majority of the game with 10 men and were unlucky not to hold on.
So as long as Stevie sticks with 433 and doesn't chuck Davis or Defoe in to the mix I'll go for a comfortable 0-2.

Let’s hope your team think like you do

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Congrats to @Menzelfor the first non-contentious thread title penned by a diddy for years :P

I notice with some amusement, that in the third game you didn’t factor in that for an hour of that match you played with an extra player.

29 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I notice with some amusement, that in the third game you didn’t factor in that for an hour of that match you played with an extra player.

Oh behave.  At 9pm I put a pizza in the oven for me and the 16 yo to share for a 'late bite'.  At 9.20pm I realised I'd not switched the fucking oven on.  Yet you expect me to remember pish like that?

57 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Oh behave.  At 9pm I put a pizza in the oven for me and the 16 yo to share for a 'late bite'.  At 9.20pm I realised I'd not switched the fucking oven on.  Yet you expect me to remember pish like that?

I sincerely hope the '16 yo' is a relative.

Archived