Morton v Ayr

That was w**k. Desperately missing mark Kerr, the team selection was wrong from the start. Robbie Crawford is about as useful as a wet towel, as for harvie, bombscare or what. 

He’s twenty years old, always going to be up and down performance wise at that age. Plenty of potential, think he should be given a bit of a break!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He’s twenty years old, always going to be up and down performance wise at that age. Plenty of potential, think he should be given a bit of a break!

I know what you mean, but for a 2 year contract, he seems to be targeted by opposition teams. He doesn't help the wingers enough the way that smirn does for me. 

Agree, Crawford gets it from a section of our fans every week for no apparent reason. Yes, he can be frustrating with his sideways passing and Yes, he sometimes buggers about with the ball and loses it when turning back, however he didn't play worse than anyone else today and didn't do anything particularly wrong but yet people just have it in for him.

I’m assuming he was talking about Harvie as that’s who the previous boy called a bombscare.
Agree with you about Crawford though, too many of our support are dying for the boy to make a mistake so they can moan like f**k.
On a side note I think it’s play-offs for us, if we had any serious title ambitions that’s the kind of game we have to win.

Aye it was Harvie.

Crawford was poor also but the stick he gets isn’t fully justified. Even before KO there were fans around me lamenting the fact he was even on the team sheet. He passed the ball well for the most part but a couple of times the ball fell to him on the edge of box and instead of just having a go he’s passed it wide to McDaid who didn’t have a good game either.

I’ll reserve calling off any title chances until we’ve played Ross County but anything less than a win and we’ll need to prepare for the playoffs.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Morton never really caused us many problems but we were still poor throughout and never got to grips with the game.

Need to see the disallowed goal again but at first glance it looked fine.

I thought it was to even out the fact that he gave the free kick in the first place. The Ayr player threw himself far too easily.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it was Harvie.

Crawford was poor also but the stick he gets isn’t fully justified. Even before KO there were fans around me lamenting the fact he was even on the team sheet. He passed the ball well for the most part but a couple of times the ball fell to him on the edge of box and instead of just having a go he’s passed it wide to McDaid who didn’t have a good game either.

I’ll reserve calling off any title chances until we’ve played Ross County but anything less than a win and we’ll need to prepare for the playoffs.

I just don't get the fact when you sign 2 players you'd rather play players in the wrong position, what's the point of signing them. Granted they didn't do much when on, but they weren't give much of a chance 

I just don't get the fact when you sign 2 players you'd rather play players in the wrong position, what's the point of signing them. Granted they didn't do much when on, but they weren't give much of a chance 

Imo the decision to play Murdoch wide was taken because we were away from home and McCall thought Morton might’ve actually tried to have a go at us. Before Geggan go injured he played out wide in games like that but it only works when the other team are dominating possession.

Had it been a home game I’m sure two of Cadden, Miller and McDaid would’ve started. Just on Cadden and Miller I thought they both looked ok with Miller doing the better of the two. Both look quick lively players although I thought Miller was more a left sided player and Cadden a right sided player.

I thought the referee was okay for the most part, although he did have one absolutely bizarre decision on the second half where he booked Dykes for a foul but gave Ayr a throw in instead of a free kick despite there being absolutely no advantage in the passage of play that followed.

Funny one game and Ayr have giving in.
Disallowed goal one of many pushes by Ayr forward line. S
Just as well ref was 5 yards away in line with it.
I am not as despondent as most Ton fans on here. Dug a point out by keeping Ayr at bay in first have and decent performances from McCrorie, McAlister (much better than the his midfield showings) and Dykes, yes Dykes. Kerr was poor in first half, seemed in panicking most of the times but recovered with a good second half. In general I thought everyone put a decent show in.  I fear even with JJ at the helm if these boys keep showing up for every match will will survive. 
Hoped for more from Kiltie but may need more game time.
Dunfermline win a surprise as with Partick which I thought was a stonewalled for a draw.
Need to get another draw at Inverness.

“One of the many pushes by Ayrs forward line”

Did you even watch that game today? Shankland didn’t get a chance to push anyone with Buchanan constantly having his arms round him. I mean we all love Shankland but trying to cuddle him for 90 minutes is a bit much. And if any defender is allowing themselves to pushed by Michael Moffat then they should retire immediately.

I’m not even convinced there was a push. There was no argument from Morton players when the ball went in the net and everyone just looked a bit confused when the ref blew for it.

“One of the many pushes by Ayrs forward line”

Did you even watch that game today? Shankland didn’t get a chance to push anyone with Buchanan constantly having his arms round him. I mean we all love Shankland but trying to cuddle him for 90 minutes is a bit much. And if any defender is allowing themselves to pushed by Michael Moffat then they should retire immediately.

I’m not even convinced there was a push. There was no argument from Morton players when the ball went in the net and everyone just looked a bit confused when the ref blew for it.

The ref blew long before the ball went in the net- I was surprised when the away support erupted in celebration- perhaps it wasn’t as audible in the cowshed ?

1 hour ago, munro7 said:

I’m assuming he was talking about Harvie as that’s who the previous boy called a bombscare.
Agree with you about Crawford though, too many of our support are dying for the boy to make a mistake so they can moan like f**k.
On a side note I think it’s play-offs for us, if we had any serious title ambitions that’s the kind of game we have to win.

County left Cappielow with no points a few weeks ago.

You lot are the only team out of the top 3 to take 3 points from us at home!

We weren’t great today throughout the team scored a good goal and should have scored another couple in that first half

Mcdade must be the most frustrating player in the team for McCall, lost count of the times he was given  the ball and asked to go by the full back and just kept checking back creating nothing, surely time for the boy cadden or millar to be in before him.

docherty Crawford and murdoch are all too similar good defensively but don’t make runs into the box  for Shankland who’s holding up the ball looking for them need Kerr back ASAP

Morton are poor and we couldn’t beat them today just setting up not to get beat and hope for a break can see them being dragged into the relegation fight.

The game had draw written all over it once the 2nd half began. Moffat should have burried a few chances just before half time but it wasn't to be.

I don't understand what McCall sees in Crawford to start him week in week out. Albeit he was in position for the majority of the game today, but it's the same mistakes week in week out from him. Constantly running out of ideas with the ball after a promising run etc. For every good performance, he has a few poor ones. I think the fans frustration with him is justified. In general today, our midfield was non-existent.

A point isn't the end of the world, and there are plenty of twists and turns to come. Morton... poor end product which may well cost you.

I thought doc gave the ball away much more than Crawford in the second half, and McCall made the change I'd have made (although not Moore for moff later on).

Moffat is so frustrating as a finisher, but he's our best hope of unlocking a defence. Shankland slightly off the pace today as well, which sums up our overall performance... Better team but didn't do enough to win it.

I liked muirhead at the back, and he made a vital interception late on to get us the point.

All in all a fairly shite game, compounded by the embarrassment of the Morton young team junior junior edition. Holy f**k Greenock, they were truly feral.

Archived