Morton v Ayr

8 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Meant to say earlier that’s the last admission money Morton get from me, didn’t go to the last game as the bit of the stand they were putting us in was horrendous for viewing and facilities shocking toilets etc

Went yesterday as I saw we were in the terracing area but not much better than the stand can’t see anything from there to the top goals just guessing very cramped again and same facilities toilets etc terrible, whole away end lying empty and no respect for fans so good bye to Cappielow for me in the future, show some respect to your customers and you might get me back.

I know Somerset’s not the san siro but there ground is way poorer.

Boo-hoo.

You got all the respect you deserved yesterday when we put you in the corner. Stay in the house next time if it’s such an issue. Sweetie wife. 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed we’ve gone this far without mentioning Bob McHughs terrific bit of skill in the second half. To attempt an overhead kick, miss the ball but yet fall with such grace was really something.

If wuffster has any footage of this could he please share it??

9 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Meant to say earlier that’s the last admission money Morton get from me, didn’t go to the last game as the bit of the stand they were putting us in was horrendous for viewing and facilities shocking toilets etc

Went yesterday as I saw we were in the terracing area but not much better than the stand can’t see anything from there to the top goals just guessing very cramped again and same facilities toilets etc terrible, whole away end lying empty and no respect for fans so good bye to Cappielow for me in the future, show some respect to your customers and you might get me back.

I know Somerset’s not the san siro but there ground is way poorer.

2 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Well dunning you are correct watching from the cow she’d looks pretty decent to me, but I’ll challenge you to try watching in that corner we were  standing in  and squashed in to and you won’t have an argument , and by all means try the other facilities when your there a cow pit gives it a better name.

The views alright from the far end of the cowshed, certainly better than what you get at Somerset. 

Cappielow isn't the worst away day, I'm only 5'11, and if you're in the main stand it's safe to assume you've got space to stretch your legs, if you're behind the goals you usually have a decent support, and the cowshed has a decent atmosphere. 

Better than a few stadiums in this division. 

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I quite like Cappielow, however, it’s not used to its maximum I’m afraid. The view from the away end is really poor but if they opened the seating behind the goals it would probably be fine. Toilets were fine better than Somerset. However, £20 is a joke. We change £17, you get a better view but the toilet is not quite as nice. I know which one I prefer....

The view isn't better though? 

The view from the Railway End isn’t great. I’ve never been in the away section in the main stand but I’d imagine it’s pretty similar to the family section at the other end and it’s not too bad.

The best place at Somerset is in the SRE (purely for the atmosphere) or in the North terrace.

Tbh I’ve never went to an away game and complained about the view. Might seem silly as some away sections don’t have great views and seeing the game is what you want but complaining about it hasn’t really crossed my mind.

QOTS, Dunfermline, Thistle, ICT and Falkirk are the only other away grounds I’ve been to (in the league) and I couldn’t criticise any of them.

We were really meh yesterday. We started off well enough and created a few chances but couldn’t take them. Morton came more into the game in the 2nd half but a draw was probably a fair result. 

Really annoyed me that despite signing two wingers in January McCall decided to start Crawford out wide. Miller has his arm in a cast kind of thing so I’m guessing he may not have been fully fit however Cadden looked decent when he came of the bench at Alloa and I would of started him before Crawford. Crawford is a waste of space out wide and he wasn’t much better when put in the middle. 

Not really getting the hate of the Cooshed. While the view isn’t the best (neither is Somerset) being cramped in and next to the opposition supporters makes for a better atmosphere. Would much rather be in the Cooshed than in the main stand where there is very little leg room. 

I thought both teams were very poor. Ayr had the better chances and the Ton keeper made a couple of good saves (looks like a good one for Rangers in the future). Thought the Ton improved a bit second half but without really causing the Ayr keeper much trouble. Ayr Will no doubt stay up there and make the play-offs, but doubt they will go up? 

(Thought the Ref was atrocious for both teams, seemed to ignore blatant fouls and pull players up for nothing)

4 hours ago, Dr Watson said:

I think he means over the last few weeks of the season. 

Over the last few weeks of the season last year, Livingston had more of a rest than Partick Thistle.

Livingston's last league game was on Saturday, 28th of April. They then played 2 playoff games against Dundee United before the final.

Thistle also played a match on Saturday the 28th. However, we then played a further 3 league games in the time that Livingston played United twice, before the teams met in the playoff final.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Quite often the last few game of the top league are meaningless though, so players can be fresh for the one big knockout tie.

It's definetely skewed in favour of the top league.

Again with last season as an example; Livingston were already assured of 2nd place before the season was over, and could afford to rest players and lose their final two league games and still finish there. Thistle, meanwhile, had to beat Dundee in the last game to confirm 11th place. This issue could work the other way, of course, but that's just purely the luck of the way the season has panned out, with no element of this favouring one particular division.

The only aspect of the current playoff final setup that I would say is definitely in favour of the top flight side, is that they get the second leg at home. There should either be a draw to determine this, or the game should be played as a one-off at a neutral venue. I'm happy to concede that this rule favours the Premiership team. I don't think anything else does, though. Not the number of fixtures, which will continue to be wrong every time it's brought up, and not the level of 'meaning' behind games. The issue is completely overblown, and there is no real reason a Championship side should be going into the playoffs feeling like it's a stacked deck.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The view from the Railway End isn’t great. I’ve never been in the away section in the main stand but I’d imagine it’s pretty similar to the family section at the other end and it’s not too bad.

The best place at Somerset is in the SRE (purely for the atmosphere) or in the North terrace.

Tbh I’ve never went to an away game and complained about the view. Might seem silly as some away sections don’t have great views and seeing the game is what you want but complaining about it hasn’t really crossed my mind.

QOTS, Dunfermline, Thistle, ICT and Falkirk are the only other away grounds I’ve been to (in the league) and I couldn’t criticise any of them.

I've admittedly never been in the main stand. 

I'm not that overly fussed, I still enjoy Somerset and its a good away day and it's not an atrocious view, just don't get the criticism of the view of Cappielow because they're not miles apart in that regard. 

If we can come together and agree pricing is a shambles across this division it'd be grand though, thank you. 

I've admittedly never been in the main stand. 

I'm not that overly fussed, I still enjoy Somerset and its a good away day and it's not an atrocious view, just don't get the criticism of the view of Cappielow because they're not miles apart in that regard. 

If we can come together and agree pricing is a shambles across this division it'd be grand though, thank you. 

Yes the pricing is shite

Am I right in saying Morton charge more for away fans than home fans?

Again with last season as an example; Livingston were already assured of 2nd place before the season was over, and could afford to rest players and lose their final two league games and still finish there. Thistle, meanwhile, had to beat Dundee in the last game to confirm 11th place. This issue could work the other way, of course, but that's just purely the luck of the way the season has panned out, with no element of this favouring one particular division.
The only aspect of the current playoff final setup that I would say is definitely in favour of the top flight side, is that they get the second leg at home. There should either be a draw to determine this, or the game should be played as a one-off at a neutral venue. I'm happy to concede that this rule favours the Premiership team. I don't think anything else does, though. Not the number of fixtures, which will continue to be wrong every time it's brought up, and not the level of 'meaning' behind games. The issue is completely overblown, and there is no real reason a Championship side should be going into the playoffs feeling like it's a stacked deck.
But the last two games (or even just the last game) in the top flight have quite a decent chance of being non-competitive, as opposed to the team finishing second who are playing a knockout tie at the same time. That's a built-in advantage that exists.

Playing two knock-out ties as opposed to one is a shite way to do it.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Quite often the last few game of the top league are meaningless though, so players can be fresh for the one big knockout tie.

It's definetely skewed in favour of the top league.

This has only been the case twice in the five years since the play-offs were introduced. Motherwell were consigned to the play-offs with one game remaining in 2014/15, and Killie were done with two games to go in 2015/16. In each of the other three seasons, the side finishing 11th has been playing competitive matches until the final week of the season, either with a chance of finishing 10th (Hibs 2013/14) or having to avoid finishing 12th (Hamilton 2016/17 & Partick Thistle 2017/18).

This has only been the case twice in the five years since the play-offs were introduced. Motherwell were consigned to the play-offs with one game remaining in 2014/15, and Killie were done with two games to go in 2015/16. In each of the other three seasons, the side finishing 11th has been playing competitive matches until the final week of the season, either with a chance of finishing 10th (Hibs 2013/14) or having to avoid finishing 12th (Hamilton 2016/17 & Partick Thistle 2017/18).
40% then? That's a pretty solid advantage.

There's also the 1 knockout tie versus 2 knockout ties point. It's far more likely to stay in the top division as opposed to being promoted from second position.

It's a crap situation, and you only have to look at how it compares with the lower league playoffs, or even the ones in England to see that.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes the pricing is shite

Am I right in saying Morton charge more for away fans than home fans?

I don't think so? As far as I'm aware it's £20 in for home and away fans which is fucking shocking.

Overall the pricing throughout the league is awful. I took my boy to firhill and saw children under a certain age got in for free. Can't remember what age exactly but he was way below it. Was then told at the turnstile I had to pay a fiver for him as we were away fans. Joke.

I don't think so? As far as I'm aware it's £20 in for home and away fans which is fucking shocking.
Overall the pricing throughout the league is awful. I took my boy to firhill and saw children under a certain age got in for free. Can't remember what age exactly but he was way below it. Was then told at the turnstile I had to pay a fiver for him as we were away fans. Joke.

Aye I knew Firhill did that which isn’t right imo.

I think it’s Stenny that give away fans discounts if they have a season ticket which is a decent idea. Or at least they used to do that.

It’s cheaper to pre-purchase a ticket with a Fan Card at Morton as far as I know, although the website’s an absolute shambles so I doubt this offer is even available anymore.

I’ve always had a season ticket anyway and haven’t known anyone to only get a Fan Card.

I very much doubt any Morton fan who paid on the day on Saturday paid any less than a comparable Ayr fan.

The sooner that the club stops pandering to away fans by putting them in the Cowshed the better; no matter where they go they'll always find something to complain about it. 

Put them in a cage instead. 

Image result for fan cage poland

14 hours ago, Grant228 said:

The views alright from the far end of the cowshed, certainly better than what you get at Somerset. 

Cappielow isn't the worst away day, I'm only 5'11, and if you're in the main stand it's safe to assume you've got space to stretch your legs, if you're behind the goals you usually have a decent support, and the cowshed has a decent atmosphere. 

Sniffing around public toilets type post.

18 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Don't know which bit of main stand you mean.  I moved across for the second half in an attempt to see something and - as before - I couldn't sit properly without my legs jamming into the seat in front.  And I'm barely 5'8.  £20 for that is ridiculous.

Not sure I'd describe two bunches of thirteen year olds screaming at each other 'a decent atmosphere' either.

Archived