Morton v Ayr

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Im assuming this was Ayr United fans on the way to Cappielow, Police Scotland really are a shower of jobsworth fucking c***s who utterly detest football fans. 

I blame the neanderthal Old Firm supporters Mags.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven’t the will or the sobriety to talk about any comments from page 10 onwards so I’ll discuss the game from what I saw.

Moffat ran the show, whether from his abundant talent or our ineptitude.

Shankland playing with confidence in a system he’s familiar with gives him an extra yard in runs, an extra inch in high balls and an extra idea when nothing’s happening. After Aberdeen it could’ve been a long road to being a nobody and good luck to the boy wherever he ends up.

Ayr play a system they know, they like and it works; no neutral won’t want them to do well. They press high and teams like us who lack confidence on the ball shit the bed and can’t cope.

McHugh is a league 1 striker at best.

McAlister at RB with Tumilty and Kilday on the bench should seal JJ’s fate regardless of our honking performances and form.

Nobody knows whether Tids, absent from starting 11 or bench today, is injured or just persona non grata; this alone should signify that JJ doesn’t know what he’s doing and should disappear.

I’m considering not going to the next home game, which tells me everything I need to know about how bad our plight currently is. I’m not from Greenock, and have never lived there, though the 50 minute journey to see a game is a trip I gladly make in spite of how shite we tend to be. If I’m questioning going to QOTS at home, it must be bad.

TTGJJ.

Ps: still hope Ayr win it.

14 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Oh well, you don't win anything when you're dropping points to the dross in the league.

No one claimed we were winning anything chief.

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not even convinced there was a push. There was no argument from Morton players when the ball went in the net and everyone just looked a bit confused when the ref blew for it.

The whistle went when the cross was still in the air. They didn't argue because the foul was given early.

Game was very poor.

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

How were you in line with it when it was at the opposite end of the ground from the home fans. Unless you were in one of the away sections?

Directors box.

As you will have also have noted your player admitted it was a push on BBC

Watching the highlights back confirmed what I though at the game only one team wanted to win, granted Morton came into it a bit more in the 2nd half but they were happy to get a point probably shows how far we have came this season, noticed Miller had a cast on his wrist wonder if that's why didn't start the Murdoch on the left wing experiment worked a treat against Dundee United at Somerset but long term I'd rather he was in the middle with Kerr or Doc sorry to say I think it's time Crawford was taking out of the firing line for a wee while. last of all the state of Morton fans singing follow follow get that shit to f**k leave that to the ugly sisters glad to hear our fans boo it down.

Watching the highlights back confirmed what I though at the game only one team wanted to win, granted Morton came into it a bit more in the 2nd half but they were happy to get a point probably shows how far we have came this season, noticed Miller had a cast on his wrist wonder if that's why didn't start the Murdoch on the left wing experiment worked a treat against Dundee United at Somerset but long term I'd rather he was in the middle with Kerr or Doc sorry to say I think it's time Crawford was taking out of the firing line for a wee while. last of all the state of Morton fans singing follow follow get that shit to f**k leave that to the ugly sisters glad to hear our fans boo it down.
That was us trying our hardest to win.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Follow follow, wtf you talking about?

Never sang that in our puff and never will...

Hello hello we are the Morton boys?? Absolutely!

The proverbial game of two halves:

1st Half - We looked good, keeping the ball on the deck, passing well and moving it about and  missed some chances (Moffat!).I felt it was only a matter of time until we scored.

2nd Half - We decided to play hoof ball and got exactly what we deserved with a draw. We actually played into Morton's hands by playing the ball long as it just came straight back at us and our defence just about coped. On a couple of occassions only because the Morton player picked the wrong option.

Overall I'm pretty frustrated. The subs were well and truly baffling. I reckon McCall subbed our three most likely players to create something (other than Shankland). Why Moffat got hooked for Moore, I'll never know. Did Moore actually touch the ball? 

We really need to get a run going if we are going to win the league. Its not over yet of course but we have a lot to do.

Meant to say earlier that’s the last admission money Morton get from me, didn’t go to the last game as the bit of the stand they were putting us in was horrendous for viewing and facilities shocking toilets etc

Went yesterday as I saw we were in the terracing area but not much better than the stand can’t see anything from there to the top goals just guessing very cramped again and same facilities toilets etc terrible, whole away end lying empty and no respect for fans so good bye to Cappielow for me in the future, show some respect to your customers and you might get me back.

I know Somerset’s not the san siro but there ground is way poorer.

Ayr need to up their game if they're hopeful of promotion. No question they'll finish top four but I just don't see them going up through the play offs.
What are your thoughts Ayr fans?

The next few games will determine whether we’ve got a chance of winning the league.

If it is the play offs then it’s crucial we finish 2nd and have a good run of form at the end of the season to build a bit of momentum.

Judging by our record against Dundee Utd I would fancy our chances against them over 2 legs if we faced them. If it was ICT or Queens maybe less so. The 3 potential Premiership teams we could face are all pretty weak but I think it’ll likely be Accies that will finish 11th and with a full strength team in good form I see no reason why we couldn’t beat them over 2 legs.

Archived