Morton v Ayr

That’s three league games at home in 2019 and just a single goal scored - a set piece - in all of them.

It’s not just that TTGJ is making an absolute c**t of things in terms of results, the fact that it is eye-bleedingly bad to watch is if anything worse.

He’s a gutless, shitebag loser. Get him in the sea.

Just 7 goals in your last 11 league games.....

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was shite.

Taking Docherty off was madness as it allowed Morton to just ghost past Crawford whenever they ran up the park. In saying that the abuse Crawford gets from some is fucking laughable, standing next to a bunch of roasters absolutely desperate for him to do something wrong so they could give him pelters but predictably not a peep out of them if it was someone else.

First half was a bit of a non event and our keeper had a couple of decent saves but other than that it was a bit of a midfield tussle. MCrorie looks a real find for us and Gaston ain't coming back any time soon.

Game changed for us when O'Connell came on, and he looks another real find too. Could have won it in the end if he could have just got that ball into McHugh near the end.

In the end up a draw was decent enough I suppose 

Really wanted it all to work out for JJ, even launched an aggressively staunch defence of him on this forum. But I’ve belatedly come to the realisation that he’s out of his depth. Don’t see where a win is coming from and don’t think he has the ability to find enough to prevent serious trouble. Also, with all of this seasons defensive and pace issues, is it only me that fails to see what, if anything Bob McHugh brings to this team? Comfortably the worst of the front 3 today, yet JJ hangs out Dallas to dry on the right wing to accommodate him then gets hooked. Must have scored a worldly when JJ was helping out with the Motherwell reserves one night, can’t see what he brings to the team other than general running about.

Millar, McRorie and O'Connell were good. 

That's about it really.

If we actually let Tidser walk away without a fight and think Dylan fcking Dykes can replace him then we ought to chuck it now.

Today showed just how poor this league is. Ayr are rank. Any neutral watching that today would’ve had no idea what team is going for promotion and fighting relegation.

Time for Mcallister to hang the boots up and become a traffic warden. Great at pointing. Piss poor at football.

What can I say, Anti football won the day, however it was up to us to break Morton down and we couldn't do it.

Not much to really talk about, a good double save from McCrorie stopped us in the 1st half plus a disallowed goal for a push in the box and very little else happened, some good build up play but always an extra Morton defender appeared to foil us. The 2nd half was much of the same, Morton still didn't look interested in winning the match and we still couldn't work a clear opening up until the last minute when Shankland struck the face of the post, but, overall we didn't create enough to deserve the win against a very well organised, stuffy, and if the truth be told, rather boring Morton side. 

Nobody had a particularly bad game today but nobody was outstanding either.

Frustration is probably my overriding emotion but in the cold light of day, I suppose taking a point at Cappielow isn't such a horrific result............

Funny one game and Ayr have giving in.

Disallowed goal one of many pushes by Ayr forward line. S

Just as well ref was 5 yards away in line with it.

I am not as despondent as most Ton fans on here. Dug a point out by keeping Ayr at bay in first have and decent performances from McCrorie, McAlister (much better than the his midfield showings) and Dykes, yes Dykes. Kerr was poor in first half, seemed in panicking most of the times but recovered with a good second half. In general I thought everyone put a decent show in.  I fear even with JJ at the helm if these boys keep showing up for every match will will survive. 

Hoped for more from Kiltie but may need more game time.

Dunfermline win a surprise as with Partick which I thought was a stonewalled for a draw.

Need to get another draw at Inverness.

That was w**k. Desperately missing mark Kerr, the team selection was wrong from the start. Robbie Crawford is about as useful as a wet towel, as for harvie, bombscare or what. 

He didn’t play well today but I don’t think he was a bombscare. He didn’t have too much to do defensively but constantly slicing the ball out of play when trying to pass first time is pretty annoying.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He didn’t play well today but I don’t think he was a bombscare. He didn’t have too much to do defensively but constantly slicing the ball out of play when trying to pass first time is pretty annoying.

Agree, Crawford gets it from a section of our fans every week for no apparent reason. Yes, he can be frustrating with his sideways passing and Yes, he sometimes buggers about with the ball and loses it when turning back, however he didn't play worse than anyone else today and didn't do anything particularly wrong but yet people just have it in for him.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I thought he allowed too many crosses into the box, I noticed that Morton targeted him today 

I’m assuming he was talking about Harvie as that’s who the previous boy called a bombscare.
Agree with you about Crawford though, too many of our support are dying for the boy to make a mistake so they can moan like f**k.
On a side note I think it’s play-offs for us, if we had any serious title ambitions that’s the kind of game we have to win.

Archived