Morton v Ayr

1 minute ago, SpoonTon said:

Ayr undoubtedly started the better team, but I thought we grew into the game and just about looked like the team more likely to win it early in the second half. I wasn't worried about Ayr scoring again until they did, and then I was worried that they'd never stop scoring. 

For a 10/15 minute spell you did look the likelier.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

If Morton park the bus it will be the relegation playoff for us.

We need to go up the park as a means of defence.

Why was this started so early I was enjoying the holiday.

I agree, you should attack us relentlessly.

13 hours ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

If Morton park the bus then we had better hope Kerr is fully fit. To my mind, Kerr (in concert with the Moff)  has got the clever passing game to unlock ten men behind the ball, if anyone in our squad has. We might struggle otherwise.

Parking the bus has worked decently for us a couple of time. Especially the last time at Ayr and at home against Ross County. On the other hand, we might cross the ball in to our own box and tap in an own goal like we did at Alloa (which really does undermine the whole approach).

This thread should really be titled The Famous Vs The Super imho. 

Didnt realise Ross County weren’t playing this weekend due to their challenge cup semi final so it’s a massive chance to return to the top of the league.

Always enjoy games vs Morton, they tend to have a wee bit of an edge to them. Particularly enjoyed my last visit. Very decent atmosphere in the Cooshed next to the ton fans

Presuming Adams and Kerr are back I’d line up:

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Miller  Docherty Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams, Kerr, Crawford, Cadden, Moore 

ETA: shows our squad depth that even with two injuries Higgins is not able to make the bench and someone else will need to drop out when Geggan is back. 

Really looking forward to this one. Get my first look at Miller and Cadden and like FW said the atmosphere in the cooshed was great last time although I can’t see it being as comfortable a score line.

A comfortable 2-0 home win here, as the happy clappers hail TTGJ as having finally 'turned the corner', only for him to mastermind a 6-0 bleaching and shame game at Inverness the following week. It's that kind of campaign. 

Would be amazed if it's anything like the same shape as last time, now that we actually have wingers!

Fully expect a 442/4411 like it has been the last two games.  Presume you still play 442? Could be a pretty open game this.

Strangely confident going into this, feck knows why but can see us winning!

Ayr still travelling in good numbers? 

Would be amazed if it's anything like the same shape as last time, now that we actually have wingers!
Fully expect a 442/4411 like it has been the last two games.  Presume you still play 442? Could be a pretty open game this.
Strangely confident going into this, feck knows why but can see us winning!
Ayr still travelling in good numbers? 

Yeah would have thought 500 at least

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Miller Murdoch Crawford McDaid

Moffat Shankland 

Subs: Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams, Docherty, Kerr, Cadden, Moore

3-0 to the super, Shankland x2 and Miller with his first, sending the not so famous a step closer to the bottom.

Glorious.

Most of our players have returned from injury, we've strengthened in the transfer window and confidence has returned, so I'd expect a victory by at least a 2 goal margin.

Away support of between 800 - 1,000 I'd think.

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Miller Murdoch Crawford McDaid

Moffat Shankland 

Subs: Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams, Docherty, Kerr, Cadden, Moore

3-0 to the super, Shankland x2 and Miller with his first, sending the not so famous a step closer to the bottom.

Glorious.

Harsh on Docherty

10 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Harsh on Docherty

Yep, but Doc and Murdoch are both very similar and I feel Crawford is someone we need in the middle to try push forward. Maybe we will play they 2 and just allow the front 4 to go at it and have Murdoch/Docherty protect the back 4.

Yep, but Doc and Murdoch are both very similar and I feel Crawford is someone we need in the middle to try push forward. Maybe we will play they 2 and just allow the front 4 to go at it and have Murdoch/Docherty protect the back 4.

Very little creativity with Doc and Murdoch in midfield. Have to rely on the wingers more when you play both of them.

Better to start with Crawford and bring Doc on to see the game out.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I suppose both line ups  have their merits. I guess a lot depends on what McCall sees as Morton's 'strengths' and how we counter them

Fantastic that we can have a discussion around leaving players out for a change.

Having taken in that relegation battle thread we need to pick up something.

Hope some of the players had a look in as a fair number of Ayr fans want us down.

Upstarts first visit to the championship in years and after this season likely to return to there correct station.

Saying that Shanks is back so need to be on our toes.

I think if Ayr come with an over inflated ego we will sword them 2-0 and sorry I also think Ross C are nailed on with New Dundee Unt a close seconed. 

750-1000 Ayr fans no chance.

Archived