Arbroath vs Stranraer

11 hours ago, timlichtie said:

My verdict on the new signings is: Wallace has to start. I’m baffled by these different strike pairings every week when we have easily the best in the league in Wallace and McKenna.
Like the Forfar game the midfield was lacking. Whatley should play. He gives 100% as does Gold. We really lacked that commitment tonight.
I didn’t hear the boos but I’m not surprised. The last 45 was the worst we have played this season. If we’re going to win this league then it’s time to go back to the side which got us where we are.

Agree with this - we are too open in midfield and Whatley is the only enforcer we have.  Also think Wallace and McKenna should be starting.

Just to return to an earlier theme writ large last night. You could hear a pin drop around the terraces second half - positively (well that should be negatively) funereal.  That seems corrosive when the team on the park needs a bit more encouragement.   To make matters worse, you hear this idle speculative chat (a background murmur on fantasy football) on aspects such as league placings, points well apart from the usual moaning and criticism from a minority.     I know it's up to the team to give fans something to shout about but we are definitely not helping.         Poor attendance too.    This may be part of the reason we seem to have a better record on the road.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wallace and Mikey up front for me. They link together and seem to play well off each other. Spence needs time to get match fit and settle in imo. Swanks didn't have a good game last night but could be the Kay at Raith if he plays to his strength. Gold at right mid and Whately in the engine room sounds a good option as well.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Any Arbroath fan that booed the team off should be banned for life. Absolute cretins.
Its stuff like this that make me loathe to see the "smaller teams" (absolutely no offence intended to Arbroath, we're all small teams in L1) doing well.
Do some of the fans forget where Arbroath were a few years ago?? Absolute cretin behaviour and wee slip ups like this make the trophy day all the more savoury!

8 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Its stuff like this that make me loathe to see the "smaller teams" (absolutely no offence intended to Arbroath, we're all small teams in L1) doing well.
Do some of the fans forget where Arbroath were a few years ago?? Absolute cretin behaviour and wee slip ups like this make the trophy day all the more savoury!

If Arbroath were lower down the table and got stuffed 4 or 5 nil, then I could understand a few folk getting upset and jeering the side off the pitch. It's not helpful but it's understandable.

But when you've just drawn a game and moved 13 points clear of the title favourites, with just 13 games to go? Inexcusable and I'm glad so many Arbroath fans have slated them.

The cretins will be at the front of the title celebrations as well. Giving the players the High fives and telling them how amazing they are

Very poor performance from us last night, especially 2nd half we played with absolutely no intensity and kept playing long balls when we should be trying to play on the deck. The real turning point in the game for me was bringing Donnelly on and moving McKenna out wide tho and continued to play long balls which with no McKenna up top we won very few.
Thought Spence was quite good first half but faded out of the game second half, seen enough for him to suggest he could be a good player for us but for Donnelly on the other hand he was just awful, he can’t run in behind, hold the ball up or win a header, his link up play at times is quite good tho, not going to jump to conclusions too early on him he needs to time to prove himself.

Would definitely play McKenna and Wallace up front on Saturday and play whatley in midfield with gav to give us some stability, too often the last few games the midfield have been caught out ahead of the ball and the other team have broken up the park, would start with gold and bobby on the wings, Omar or denholm just aren’t good enough imo and gold is good both defensively and has the capability of beating a man and putting a decent cross is going forward. Really need to bounce back on Saturday and get a result.

Wallace and Mikey up front for me. They link together and seem to play well off each other. Spence needs time to get match fit and settle in imo. Swanks didn't have a good game last night but could be the Kay at Raith if he plays to his strength. Gold at right mid and Whately in the engine room sounds a good option as well.

I agree with this but how is Spence supposed to get match fit without playing matches?

4 hours ago, Hammerafc said:
6 hours ago, relichtie said:

I agree with this but how is Spence supposed to get match fit without playing matches?

Apparently the same way Stevie’s supposed to get match fit, warming up the bench 

Archived