Arbroath vs Stranraer

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor all over pitch tonight, apart from Ricky Little, To many long balls, Swankie should of been hooked earlier, Wallace has to play too, 

Early days but don’t see what Donnelly brings, Doris offers more, 

Agree with the Booing was a disgrace, Seemed Omar is the target for some idiots too, 

5 minutes ago, RR35 said:

10 after Saturday.. plus we have to play you again which brings it down to 7.

It’s very very achievable don’t you think?

Might be achievable for a team who have strung more than two wins together all season. 

I think we need Whatley back in the team. Far more points gained when he was playing. Donnely should be 5th choice based on performance so far. Should have had the game out of sight in the first half.

Don't understand booing your team regardless of how poor they play.

10 after Saturday.. plus we have to play you again which brings it down to 7.

It’s very very achievable don’t you think?

We’ve just increased the gap to 13 points but somehow you’ve convinced yourself its 7......incredible

You’re closer to falling out the playoffs than the top of the league ffs

Poor all over pitch tonight, apart from Ricky Little, To many long balls, Swankie should of been hooked earlier, Wallace has to play too, 
Early days but don’t see what Donnelly brings, Doris offers more, 
Agree with the Booing was a disgrace, Seemed Omar is the target for some idiots too, 

Donnelly looked like a pished giraffe

I cannot believe people booed the team off though fucking hell.

They were garbage against us- wee Baird popped up to snatch a point 2 weeks ago. Very avg team at best. Surely you guys are not going to bottle this league.
Yes but we didn't play at all to our capabilities that day yet still relieved you of a point. 4points each from our 3 encounters so far suggests more than "snatching" points off you. I think Rovers and Arbroath will both have a few bumps before the seasons over.

Yes but we didn't play at all to our capabilities that day yet still relieved you of a point. 4points each from our 3 encounters so far suggests more than "snatching" points off you. I think Rovers and Arbroath will both have a few bumps before the seasons over.

Were you at the game or too busy on your tractor ?

Much of the second half was a re-run of what happened against Forfar. Long balls to Donnelly and Wallace (Lol) that were so rarely successful that when they actually came off no one was anticipating the knock down. A total waste of a second half. First half we made Stranraers’ defence look like what they are-pretty average, then in the second half we played into their strengths by playing long ball, and also leaving our ‘target man’ striker on the bench. Down at stranraer when we won 1-0 we sat off and let stranraer do the same thing. Our defence comfortably dealt with it and I think we should have done the same tonight.

We were very poor tonight, not much better than we were against Forfar and I started to get a bit worried that Stranraer would sneak a winner near the end, they've done it before.

Some strange subs tonight. It was obvious early on that Swankie was off his game and could have been subbed much, much earlier. We probably created more in the short time McCord was on than we did during the rest of the game. Taking Kader off and moving McKenna out wide? Against Forfar it was clear that Donnelly and Wallace didn't really work, so trying them together again when we needed a goal didn't seem like a good idea. Having said that Wallace did well when he came on. Would have liked to have seen him come on for Spence sooner and not moved McKenna out wide. 

But then again I haven't had the, what is it, 50 years or so, of football management experience, just 60 odd years of watching football at various levels in different countries so maybe I shouldn't make too many comments 

Against a pretty average Stranraer side we struggled, we should be capable of beating teams who are at or near the bottom of the league whether they raise their game against us or not. We did not look like a team chasing promotion tonight. Just as well Jamieson was on form he made a couple of great saves at crucial times. The ref was good to us, it looked like a stonewall penalty for Stranraer about 10 mins into the game, but the Stranraer player was booked for diving although from where I was standing it looked like he was taken down.

Going to need a huge improvement on Saturday  if we are to take anything at all in Kirkaldy.

Were you at the game or too busy on your tractor ?
Maybe I was born in Forfar live in Forfar and drive a tractor around Forfar or maybe just maybe that's a terrible, terrible lazy stereotype on your part. That could be why we are a bit of a "bogey" team for you though..

Archived