Arbroath vs Stranraer

Wasn’t a cuptie v Motherwell abandoned due to high winds?

Aye with Motherwell 1-0 up and us due to be playing with the wind in the 2nd half. It caused a riot outside the ground. Derek Townsley scored a lovely goal that day. 1-1 in the replay

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Aye with Motherwell 1-0 up and us due to be playing with the wind in the 2nd half. It caused a riot outside the ground. Derek Townsley scored a lovely goal that day. 1-1 in the replay

I vaguely remember that game at gayfield I was only a wee boy at the time, didn’t he score from outside the box main stand area of the pitch?  Also remember the rearranged match I had about 6 layers on and I still froze. 

I vaguely remember that game at gayfield I was only a wee boy at the time, didn’t he score from outside the box main stand area of the pitch?  Also remember the rearranged match I had about 6 layers on and I still froze. 

Yea outside the box and pretty much on the touch line. It was some hit. The replayed game was Baltic. Proper winter football that night. We lost 2-0
At Fir Park and even that game had been postponed

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Yea outside the box and pretty much on the touch line. It was some hit. The replayed game was Baltic. Proper winter football that night. We lost 2-0
At Fir Park and even that game had been postponed

Did it not get postponed not long before kick off??  I remember being on the bus down and it getting cancelled, although that could of been the wrong game, 

Did it not get postponed not long before kick off??  I remember being on the bus down and it getting cancelled, although that could of been the wrong game, 

Yea I think it was. I was on route as well.

I think the game eventually got played on a Saturday.

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I believe the ref today is the little p***k who sent Dick to the stand at Raith that subsequently got him an 8 match ban.

I dont think it matters who the ref is they all seem to hate us anyway:lol:

I dont think it matters who the ref is they all seem to hate us anyway:lol:

Just because we’re not paranoid, doesn’t mean they’re not out to get us....."

............but this can come across as akin to the absolutely laughable (and false) victimhood of the Old Firm, both of whom receive every fair and unfair advantage going

7 minutes ago, farflung lichtie said:

Just because we’re not paranoid, doesn’t mean they’re not out to get us....."

............but this can come across as akin to the absolutely laughable (and false) victimhood of the Old Firm, both of whom receive every fair and unfair advantage going

I thought with the distinct lack of west coast teams in our  league this season it would not be as bad.(how wrong can one be)

I dont think it matters who the ref is they all seem to hate us anyway[emoji38]
Which makes our season so far all the more remarkable considering we play against 14 every week[emoji38][emoji38]
I thought with the distinct lack of west coast teams in our  league this season it would not be as bad.(how wrong can one be)
Not sure if serious [emoji848]?

Phillip , can we have a Lichfield’s gathering at your house when we win the league and have a good old chat about the soccer sphere whilst we smoke some of this wacky stuff you seem to be smoking? We are 12 points clear of 2nd place how on earth have you came to this decision that the referees are against us? Sound like a septic fan in my eyes HH

Archived