Arbroath vs Stranraer

The champions elect are back in action looking to bounce back from our Derby day humbling to Forfar. A Donnelly masterclass to dump his former side is needed as we take another step closer to the title. I’d drop Gold with Whately partnering Gav in the middle of the park. McKenna probably deserves a start as well.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should go with this line up for Saturday:-
                      Jamieson
Thomson Little O'Brien Hammy
Linn Whatley Swankie Denholm
             McKenna Spence
Really wanted to put McCord in that team but he could be an impact sub.

Harsh on Wallace

He's also scoring more goals than any other striker we have, 6th most in the division, and has more assists than any other player in the entire division......

Regardless of if he's someones type of player or not, it blows my mind that every Arbroath fan can't at least see just how vital he is to the team and how big his contribution has been this season...... I get that some people like players to run around a lot as opposed to clever football players but his contribution this season speaks for itself.

Like it or not, our success this season has been significantly due to Ryan Wallace with his goals and assists. He and McKenna are our proven partnership up front. I really enjoy the creative play of Wallace and am baffled by his detractors. Sadly, Danny Denholm has not merited a start this season but Dick sticks by him.

It’s looking windy for the game so a day for ball players and battlers. A return for Whatley perhaps?

4 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I really enjoy the creative play of Wallace and am baffled by his detractors.

I get that he's not going to be everyones cup of tea due to the way he plays and others prefer to see players in the 'bust a gut' style as opposed to clever link up play/ runs/ knocking defenders off balance at the right time etc. and that's fine, no-one is 'wrong' it is simply down to opinion, but it is wrong to ignore the contribution he's made to us this year.

Ryan Wallace has been one of our most important players this season; how can anyone disgaree with that regardless of his playing style?

Being serious do Arbroath ever get injuries or suspension.you lot seem to be able to name the same side every week,don't know about the others but we have had to chop and change due to injurys etc nearly every other week,I know you are the best team in the league but this has surely helped your cause:blink:

Being serious do Arbroath ever get injuries or suspension.you lot seem to be able to name the same side every week,don't know about the others but we have had to chop and change due to injurys etc nearly every other week,I know you are the best team in the league but this has surely helped your cause:blink:

Tam O’Brien has missed a game through suspension and I think Gav missed a game with a knock earlier in the season. But overall we have been very fortunate with injuries and suspensions

Archived