Macron Junior Cup QFs

archieb

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Like I said Tom anyone at home
Played Talbot last season in the West and we held our own so nothing to fear in the draw

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

So why u middle in league below then

Like I said Tom anyone at home
Played Talbot last season in the West and we held our own so nothing to fear in the draw

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Usually teams wait to get to the round before picking what tie they want.

Dont know what makes this "usual" as this is to my knowledge the first time I've referenced that particular, albeit lazy, stereotype but whatever.

Back in the sensible world I'm guessing most people will be wanting to avoid Talbot but at the 1/4 final stage theres not any easy ties left. Everyone will want a home tie though so I suppose I agree with you on that. I'll not be giving it a seconds thought before Saturday at 3.30 though.

At the risk of repeating myself
We played them last season in the West and matched them for 90 mins and only a wonder save in the last minute stopped us from taking the tie to a penalty shootout .
Are they a good side ? Of course they are but they are not unbeatable and our pitch and ground would be a great leveller .
I'm sure if we beat largs everyone will be hoping for us in the draw given we are mid table in the division below but like a previous wag quipped earlier in the thread
Be careful what you wish for

It's certainly a mystery to me how you are so far down the league having seen some of your results and the level of performance for 60mins against us 2 weeks ago.

However, having seen how good we can be on our day, the team who gets our ball in the draw will be praying you guys win the replay

Ha 

Love your enthusiasm GOTW  but Largs are an excellent team and will be big big favourites on Saturday - quarter final is not even on the radar.
You are right though any teams in the hat will hope for ahomedraw
Absolutely agree
Very good side but on our day so are we and I'm confident that you will have an excellent game plan and the lads will execute it perfectly and a famous result will ensure

It's certainly a mystery to me how you are so far down the league having seen some of your results and the level of performance for 60mins against us 2 weeks ago.

However, having seen how good we can be on our day, the team who gets our ball in the draw will be praying you guys win the replay

The reality given our finances we are about were we should be tho some would argue we are still punching above our weight.

It would take much more investment for the gaffer to take the club to the next level but unless we find a Garngad sugar daddy well it ain't gonna happen .

At the risk of repeating myself
We played them last season in the West and matched them for 90 mins and only a wonder save in the last minute stopped us from taking the tie to a penalty shootout .
Are they a good side ? Of course they are but they are not unbeatable and our pitch and ground would be a great leveller .
I'm sure if we beat largs everyone will be hoping for us in the draw given we are mid table in the division below but like a previous wag quipped earlier in the thread
Be careful what you wish for
Wasn't Talbot first choice 11.
A few fringe players got a run out.

Wasn't Talbot first choice 11.
A few fringe players got a run out.
We played a few fringe players ourselves that day .
It was not a dig at Talbot who are a quality side I was just saying we will fancy ourselves against anyone at home and I said even Talbot as they are unquestionably the best side in junior football.

9 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Let him babble on , if Largs play well they will be out , simple as that 

That's because Darvel are the only Championship team that could give a Premiership team a game ... At least that's what you told us. Largs and Hurlford must have both had a bad day..  

Archived