Macron Junior Cup QFs

archieb

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TFW said:

Wonder how the semis will pan out this year. Despite the Bankies fans desire to progress to the semis there's still every chance of a possible repeat of last years final should Hurlford win and avoid Talbot in the semis. There's also the very real opportunity of a second successive semi final between Talbot and Lochee - the only team ever to beat Talbot in one leg of the two legged format since they were introduced back in 2009. The odds on both happening at the start of the season must have been immense.

My spidey senses tell me the draw will say:-

Hurlford v Talbot

Lochee v Largs

As all the best P&B worthies say, time will tell!

48 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

My spidey senses tell me the draw will say:-

Hurlford v Talbot

Lochee v Largs

As all the best P&B worthies say, time will tell!

Disregarding your well-known spidey senses for the moment,jb,I hope to see the winner of the Clydebank/Hurlford game at home to Lochee as both venues are within easy travelling distance for me,and it's been some time since I last watched the Dundee boys in action. :)

Been hearing a lot of good things about lochee united goalkeeper.. was a fan of him at Montrose just never got an opportunity, at 22 years old he’s done the right thing and went to get game time.. can guarantee he will be back playing at a high level reads the game very well and is commanding, good to see the young lad doing well! Hopefully see him in a mo shirt again. 

10 hours ago, Montroseinsider said:

Been hearing a lot of good things about lochee united goalkeeper.. was a fan of him at Montrose just never got an opportunity, at 22 years old he’s done the right thing and went to get game time.. can guarantee he will be back playing at a high level reads the game very well and is commanding, good to see the young lad doing well! Hopefully see him in a mo shirt again. 

I was quite impressed with him on Saturday. Not that he had that much to do, but he did make a few good saves and seemed quite decent.

On 2/25/2019 at 12:29, tommyboy said:

Good report,DS. Subjective question I know,but how does this Lochee side compare to the Eddie Wolecki side of 2005 that featured guys like Ray McKinnon and Philip Hagen?

Not the man to ask, I'm afraid. Although I saw their semi-final against Maryhill at McDiarmid I didn't really start following them regularly until 2011. The 2005 side reached the final so this team have to match that before we can compare. They are a strong side, though and are undefeated this season. I think they've gone 7 or 8 games unbeaten in Ayrshire in the last couple of cup runs.

3 hours ago, Den Spark said:

Not the man to ask, I'm afraid. Although I saw their semi-final against Maryhill at McDiarmid I didn't really start following them regularly until 2011. The 2005 side reached the final so this team have to match that before we can compare. They are a strong side, though and are undefeated this season. I think they've gone 7 or 8 games unbeaten in Ayrshire in the last couple of cup runs.

I watched them at McDiarmid as they produced a pretty impressive performance to beat a good Maryhill side and convince some of us that we had seen that season's Scottish cup winners. Unfortunately,when the big day came around they turned in a totally lacklustre effort as they lost to Tayport.:(

Still,any team that,like the current side,is still unbeaten at this stage of the season has got to be more than decent and I look forward to watching them in at least one of the semis.

Archived