Macron Junior Cup QFs

archieb

Train every 30 minutes to and from Glasgow Central, plenty of pubs and cafes. If you and your chums are looking for a smoke just ask for Johnny in any of the pubs and you’ll be sorted in 10 minutes. So i’m told.
Thanks, and as for the smoke, I'm Dutch, so I know where to get it if I'd be interested (I'm not). ;)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
19 minutes ago, Den Spark said:
How long is walk from station to ground? Timing is tight for catching train home.

10 minutes at most but most likely quicker

Thanks. Should make it okay unless ref adds on time.

13 hours ago, Shannon said:
18 hours ago, Marten said:
I'm seriously thinking of going to Troon for the Troon v Lochee United QF game. I've never been to junior grounds in that part of the country. It seems easy enough to get to with the train via Glasgow. How is the ground like and are there any decent pubs in the town?

Very good ground. Cover and wee social club too. Plenty of good pubs in the town. All walking distance from train station as is the ground.

Got to agree Troon it is for me I think, good pubs and good set up at Troon.

33 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

Got to agree Troon it is for me I think, good pubs and good set up at Troon.

I have always enjoyed my trips to Troon. Vics and Buffs aside, nice and local, cracking playing surface, a good bunch of fans and a welcoming committee.

15 hours ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Fair enough - the name calling is what I think and not what I should have articulated 

I will continue to do my thing - all the best - but I now have a knew agenda - there is no way Eddie is going to Darvel - No way

Was that a nicer way of saying it?

Surely if a player had the desire to go to a club and he “knew” that his existing manager had said that there was NO WAY he was going would that not want him to go even more. Obviously a hypothetical question.

53 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Surely if a player had the desire to go to a club and he “knew” that his existing manager had said that there was NO WAY he was going would that not want him to go even more. Obviously a hypothetical question.

If the team wasn't darvel then I would maybe agree

45 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Not a hope Eddie Ferns will be joining Darvel that's a cast iron guarantee.
Anyway the player is a St Rochs fan and like the gaffer said we will match any offer made by any junior side

You don’t want to do that. You will be accused of all sorts, paying players more than they are worth, especially from the Ayr crew ;)

50 minutes ago, Junior Guy said:

If the team wasn't darvel then I would maybe agree

My point is if the player wanted to go, there’s really nothing a manager can do about it. Maybe money or whether the player supports the team has nothing to do with it. By the way I’m meaning all players and all clubs.

Just now, griffiti on the wall said:

Smoke and mirrors with you DL
You are certainly for the watching
I have never know the gaffer to get so angry I hope you at least offer an apology for your underhanded behaviour.

Only one person apologised the day and it wasn’t me , how can we approach players when we haven’t got a gaffer ? Is that no a bit daft ?

tell u who I did speak to yesterday Craig Bryson of derby county and kris Boyd at killie both out of contract at end of the season 

interesting summer ahead gotw 

enjoy it 

49 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Only one person apologised the day and it wasn’t me , how can we approach players when we haven’t got a gaffer ? Is that no a bit daft ?

tell u who I did speak to yesterday Craig Bryson of derby county and kris Boyd at killie both out of contract at end of the season 

interesting summer ahead gotw 

enjoy it 

Boydie isnae fit enough legend :whistle

I'm only really half following here but are we floating the idea of Bryson and Boyd going to Darvel? Ha.

Also if i was playing and it was a choice between the two I wouldn't leave St.Rochs to go to deepest darkest Ayrshire

1 hour ago, BL2 said:

I'm only really half following here but are we floating the idea of Bryson and Boyd going to Darvel? Ha.

Also if i was playing and it was a choice between the two I wouldn't leave St.Rochs to go to deepest darkest Ayrshire

Glasgow-Darvel 25 mins from the south side, Motherwell/Hamilton etc same time, north of Glasgow 40 mins.

Archived