Macron Junior Cup QFs

archieb

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm seriously thinking of going to Troon for the Troon v Lochee United QF game. I've never been to junior grounds in that part of the country. It seems easy enough to get to with the train via Glasgow. How is the ground like and are there any decent pubs in the town?

Better team won. Sectarian arseholes are out the cup. As a non practicing Catholic myself and my friends were embarrassed at the rochs support inventing slurs and swinging at people. Take your defeat and f**k up. Night.

St rochs were unlucky today the red card changes the game deserved or not. The scoreline doesn't reflect the performance although largs had more possession st rochs dug deep and defended well looking to threaten on the counter. Big chance to put the game to bed but largs go up the other end and score which was a sore one as the boy that missed had played well.Would never have thought st rochs in 10th and a league below the way largs celebrated. High standards set at the candy and I'm sure everyone connected will be hurting due to this. Also the crowd today looked pretty decent made up of a handful of away supporters, not very many clubs out with top league teams can do that .

3 minutes ago, BL2 said:

Better team won. Sectarian arseholes are out the cup. As a non practicing Catholic myself and my friends were embarrassed at the rochs support inventing slurs and swinging at people. Take your defeat and f**k up. Night.

Are you a largs fan?

2 minutes ago, Junior Guy said:

Would never have thought st rochs in 10th and a league below the way largs celebrated. 

It was to take us into the quarter finals of the Scottish Junior Cup. We don't often get that far. Too right we're going to celebrate.

15 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
16 minutes ago, Firhill_Basin said:
Any idea of the attendance?

Not idea I would say around 500 and considering the weather can't complain with that

Really? I've seen a few folk on other places saying they've never seen it as busy as today. Either they don't go often or there was more than 500 surely!? Was it the Larkhall game last season that had about 700 odd?

Considering when I left the largs bus was outside the local boozer and by all accounts they had a great time so us sectarian arseholes can't be all bad ...

Really? I've seen a few folk on other places saying they've never seen it as busy as today. Either they don't go often or there was more than 500 surely!? Was it the Larkhall game last season that had about 700 odd?

Our average attendance is 150 to 250 so double/triple the average crowd today so definitely busy

1 minute ago, griffiti on the wall said:
3 minutes ago, Junior Guy said:
Are you a largs fan?

Naw he is just a bawbag

Some of the songs though.....no need for that.

It does take away from the work your committee do. A very friendly committee wishing us well in the next round. I may say that myself to the opposition if they depart victorious but inside I'm hoping their bus breaks down and they get pumped 7-0 in the next round. But that's just me. With St. Roch's the well wishes did seem genuine.

Some of the songs though.....no need for that.
It does take away from the work your committee do. A very friendly committee wishing us well in the next round. I may say that myself to the opposition if they depart victorious but inside I'm hoping their bus breaks down and they get pumped 7-0 in the next round. But that's just me. With St. Roch's the well wishes did seem genuine.
I personally spoke to largs folk after the game and for me it was genuine
2 hard fought battles and no quarter asked or given and ultimately the better team won so I hope you go on and do well as I enjoyed the battle .

Considering when I left the largs bus was outside the local boozer and by all accounts they had a great time so us sectarian arseholes can't be all bad ...
Some of your fans mafe up for one fan who punched me for calling him a "******". This can be proven as lies when you realise I'm one of, if not the biggest, republican in Largs. He had a wee tantrum and threw a punch. Bless him and f**k him. Bigoted creep. Thank god the youger Rochs fans stood against this idiot

Some of your fans mafe up for one fan who punched me for calling him a "******". This can be proven as lies when you realise I'm one of, if not the biggest, republican in Largs. He had a wee tantrum and threw a punch. Bless him and f**k him. Bigoted creep. Thank god the youger Rochs fans stood against this idiot
If that happened then I certainly won't condone it and at least the young team did there bit and stepped in to stop it .
I was inside the Jimmy McGrory suite as I was part of the presentation team for Jordan Logan so I'm not being arsey I just never saw anything .

If that happened then I certainly won't condone it and at least the young team did there bit and stepped in to stop it .
I was inside the Jimmy McGrory suite as I was part of the presentation team for Jordan Logan so I'm not being arsey I just never saw anything .
I sadly couldn't join your presentation, and I'm pleased your young team had the sense to act. There's a lesson here btw.

27 minutes ago, Marten said:

I'm seriously thinking of going to Troon for the Troon v Lochee United QF game. I've never been to junior grounds in that part of the country. It seems easy enough to get to with the train via Glasgow. How is the ground like and are there any decent pubs in the town?

You'll see the ground on the right as the train pulls into Troon. It's a good one - shallow terracing at one end and down one side, the other end not used for spectators. The other side holds the shed and the social club which is well worth a visit. Plenty of pubs down Portland St, which is the main drag of the town with the park at the far end.

Only criticism is being so close to the sea it can get properly freezing at times - the upside of that is that games are hardly ever off there due to it being so coastal.

052511_cdfc9955.jpg

Archived