Macron Junior Cup QFs

archieb

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Caskie said:

Stronger than last years

Beith v Lochee

Bo'Ness v Hurlford

Carnoustie v Talbot

Wishaw v Rob Roy

Entitled to your opinion but not for me and the scottish is hugely devalued without the vast majority of the top East teams in it, a bit like a world Cup minus 4 or five good South American nations in it. 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the poorest looking quarter final draw I've saw for many a year, outwith lochee all the East big guns not being in the scottish is making our top tournament lose its appeal hugely for me and would say the same if my own team were still in it. 
Very tainted looking tournament these days. 
No you wouldn't.

9 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Entitled to your opinion but not for me and the scottish is hugely devalued without the vast majority of the top East teams in it, a bit like a world Cup minus 4 or five good South American nations in it. 

How many East teams are still there by the quarter final stage normally?

14 minutes ago, andy25 said:
33 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:
That's the poorest looking quarter final draw I've saw for many a year, outwith lochee all the East big guns not being in the scottish is making our top tournament lose its appeal hugely for me and would say the same if my own team were still in it. 
Very tainted looking tournament these days. 

No you wouldn't.

You're some man if you know more about my own opinion than even  I know about my own opinion :lol:

Unbelievable honestly :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

How many East teams are still there by the quarter final stage normally?

From 1998/1999 until 2007/2008 there was at least one east team in every final and its a case of swings and roundabouts and the tide does and can change, I know loads of people who think the scottish isn't quite the same without most of the top East guns in it, you're entitled to disagree but I'm also entitled to my own opinion. 

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Funny that it's supporters of teams that have been knocked out that say it's devalued...

Well I would say the same if my team were still in it or went on to win it, however I might need to consult yourself first as you think you know more about my opinion than even I know about my own opinion :lol:

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:
2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:
Be good if they were on different weekends and crowds would be higher 

Don't worry about us DL we will fill our ground on Saturday and on the 23rd if we win

One thing I won’t be doing is worrying about u lot gotw :whistle

I fully expect our biggest attendance in many a year so yes  
Most junior grounds I've been to could comfortably hold at least 2k, your not expecting that though. Or is JMP significantly smaller than it looks?

I would say yes it's smaller than it looks as the terrace behind the goal is no longer in use so if we break the 1k mark I would say that's the ground full
Breaking the 1k mark is harder than it seems, particularly if the weather is guff. But yeah if it does fair enough

Definitely but we have been pushing the game hard and the response has been good so we will see on the day as it's a huge game for the football club.
There's a big reward for both clubs anyway. A rare 1/4 final for you and an all North Ayrshire affair for us.

Archived