Dundee v Killie - Wed 6th Feb

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To go with a woeful home support. Embarrassing for a city club.
From the off there were just so many not at the races. Power, Dicker, Tshibola were all over the shop. Dicker and Tshibola compounding their bad start by giving away stupid fouls. Power having his worst game under Clarke. The two full backs took a roasting. Central defence were a mess. 
A comedy of errors every time a ball was played up to their forwards - every time a Killie player made a mistake, there was no one digging him out with a big clearance - players were compounding it by following up with worse mistakes! Honestly, wait til you see their two goals, both a complete and utter shambles. 
We get level through Conor McAleny, who was outstanding, then instantly lose a disaster of a goal. Bachmann had picked it out his net twice before doing anything. 
Second half, expected an instant response, took until about the hour mark to get it. Once we got going it looked like there would only be one winner. Burke's equaliser was a thing of beauty. Battered them and it just wouldn't go in. Millar missed a particularly bad one and we also had a big goal mouth scramble. 
Pushing for the winner, SOD then makes a mistake with a throw in and Dundee break, I'm certain they're going to score, then get a pen and contrive to let Bachmann save it! 
Pish result all round.

Thought that was going to bypass without any bites.

Just now, Moomintroll said:
28 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:
Yes. 
Miller missed the penalty he engineered, so what is the point in being butthurt about it?
Again, I don't take any pleasure in any player, no matter their team, cheating to win penalties. We didn't deserve to win, so I'm totally indifferent about the fact Miller missed a penalty he should never have been awarded in the first place. 
I could understand you being aggrieved if Miller had scored and we'd stolen the 3 points, but as I already said, I've never made any comment about the earlier game at Dens and the Jones incident, so I'm a bit bemused as to why you specifically asked me about it and implied I'd referred to it as a 'Capital Offence'.

Fair enough, want Dundee to stay up personally speaking.

If Jones had informed the ref he fell over, the ref waves the pen off, and then Miller cons Killie out of a point tonight, then you'd have every right to be raging.

As it is, the ban was a bit daft, but essentially Jones was still dishonest by making no attempt to correct the referee, which is why I don't really care about him copping a ban. 

I'd love it if all players were perpetually honest, but that's naive and simply not the game we watch. Nothing infuriates me more that players throwing themselves to ground in the box. It's the single worst change I think I've seen in football over the past 30 years. Ok, there were always players who did it, but the rate at which it happens now, and the sheer cheek of some of the attempts to con the ref are staggering. Miller should never have been awarded a pen tonight, but it was a typical example of one of those 'technically that's a foul' pens that the player has deliberately and conciously attempted to engineer. I was gobsmacked when the ref gave it, and I'd have been quite content if he'd waved it off. Cheating is cheating, but you can't really blame the players when it's now the accepted norm to award pens for those types of incidents, engineered or otherwise. Refs need to be harsher, but that has to come from the authorities and it needs to be universal.

Guest Moomintroll
If Jones had informed the ref he fell over, the ref waves the pen off, and then Miller cons Killie out of a point tonight, then you'd have every right to be raging.
As it is, the ban was a bit daft, but essentially Jones was still dishonest by making no attempt to correct the referee, which is why I don't really care about him copping a ban. 
I'd love it if all players were perpetually honest, but that's naive and simply not the game we watch. Nothing infuriates me more that players throwing themselves to ground in the box. It's the single worst change I think I've seen in football over the past 30 years. Ok, there were always players who did it, but the rate at which it happens now, and the sheer cheek of some of the attempts to con the ref are staggering. Miller should never have been awarded a pen tonight, but it was a typical example of one of those 'technically that's a foul' pens that the player has deliberately and conciously attempted to engineer. I was gobsmacked when the ref gave it, and I'd have been quite content if he'd waved it off. Cheating is cheating, but you can't really blame the players when it's now the accepted norm to award pens for those types of incidents, engineered or otherwise. Refs need to be harsher, but that has to come from the authorities and it needs to be universal.
Its all good tbf.

47 minutes ago, srw said:

Absolutely pathetic penalty, piss poor passback.

We were very good in the first half, but terrible in the second half. Had we not missed a last minute penalty, Id be happy with a point.

Its not that poor a penalty, Bachmann was down pretty smartly to stop it.....

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

It was a penalty.  Our mutual friend is pointing to what you should go for, not the man.

D0D91BFE-5695-42CC-BE6E-BCFDA9B311E4.jpeg

He's also pointing to the badge of the last club to relegate Dundee. Wonder who it'll be this year...

16 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I’m sorry, that’s shite. No pace on it and he opens his body up so early so the keeper knows where he’s going.

From our point of view, watch Bachmann, hands on hips, no movement, giving Miller no clue which way he was going, he forced Miller to make a choice.

He'll hit a worse penalty & score from it......

He's also pointing to the badge of the last club to relegate Dundee. Wonder who it'll be this year...

You’re sounding particularly rattled tonight. Is it because your team has utterly fucked any slim title chances you had in the last 5 days?

Archived