• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - On The Road To Nowhere

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

I think we have achieved what was looking likely when the best we could bring in was 218year old .Jim  Duffy was a bit wiser with his new signings,you are either a manager or you are not ,I cannot for the life of me see how any manager thought Duffy. @ MacIntosh would score enough goals to get us the results we need .

Ignoring the fact what you have posted makes absolutely no sense, everybody - including you probably - was suggesting that Duffy might be top scorer in the league. To reinvent that you were sat at the start of the year ripping into the forwards for not being good enough is absolute nonsense. 

7 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

Ignoring the fact what you have posted makes absolutely no sense, everybody - including you probably - was suggesting that Duffy might be top scorer in the league. To reinvent that you were sat at the start of the year ripping into the forwards for not being good enough is absolute nonsense. 

You are wrong ,if you did look back you will see that I was slated for saying MacIntosh was never a striker ,

Duffy is a player that needs  good service  and you would need to wrap him in cotton wool  a.bit injury prone . Would think that would be obvious to our fans that watch week in week out ,

glad to hear Murray threatening to bring in a striker.

we need to find a way to be on the front foot when getting in to the opposition box.

yet again yesterday too much overplaying or not playing the pass early enough, too many touches etc

Edited by Moon

I’ve just been watching the manager’s post match interview in which he bemoans the standard of our forwards.

I have a suggestion for him. There’s a guy at Stranraer called Vittoria who might be worth a look.

The decision to let him go is beginning to appear a major blunder. If, as, rumoured, there was a discipline problem, surely that could have been dealt with by a fine rather than kicking him out?

Supposedly we are miles over our wage budget and we have loaned out some players to try lessen the budget till the end of the season, don’t know how much truth there is in that though

What did Victoria do in his last 6/7 games before being dropped that people miss so much? Empty jersey who was a one trick pony. No surprise that’s he’s not made more of a career at his age. Let’s trust Murray to start building a decent squad next season. Anything this season is a bonus now.

5 hours ago, waysider said:

I’ve just been watching the manager’s post match interview in which he bemoans the standard of our forwards.

I have a suggestion for him. There’s a guy at Stranraer called Vittoria who might be worth a look.

The decision to let him go is beginning to appear a major blunder. If, as, rumoured, there was a discipline problem, surely that could have been dealt with by a fine rather than kicking him out?

He was in great form until mid October.

since then he's scored 1 goal in 12 games, the goal coming for stranraer. He also didn't play in 3 games during that time.

Duffy has scored 8 in those same games although to be fair he played in two of the games Victoria didn't, and appeared for 1 minute in the other.

Over the season Duffy has outscored him 11 to 9.

Duffy isn't the answer for us at the moment either IMO.

5 hours ago, airdrie_3 said:

Supposedly we are miles over our wage budget and we have loaned out some players to try lessen the budget till the end of the season, don’t know how much truth there is in that though

i reckon that's pretty accurate.

4 hours ago, Rio 2 said:

Onside!

Yep having seen the "goal" it is hard to believe that the official flagged it. I also wondered if I was at the same game in the manager's praise of Josh Campbell,:although he was more involved after Gallagher went  off , I don't think he is ready for L1. Maybe I am being harsh because I am frustrated. How we managed to lose is  still baffling  .

Offside - definitely!
Oh look, edgy RedintheBed pipes up with "obvious troll is obvious" type comment to try and wind up opposition fans.

2/10 must try harder.

Interesting to hear Murray saying he might look to fix the issues up front by the end of February. Really hope there’s some budget to do something, either that or all the loans were an attempt to bring the wage budget down rather than for spending elsewhere?