The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

9 hours ago, G_&_T said:

That was amusing - what was the story about 1964 and Rovers getting booted out the league, cant remember hearing that one before but not surprised that Rangers were behind it.

15 hours ago, G_&_T said:

That was my first ever Airdrie home game, think Airdrie had beaten Aberdeen 3-1 in the earlier Skol Cup round. I have no recollection of chasing Peter Grant!

Donations have allowed us to create an RSS feed which will automatically feed into various Podcast Platforms from Soundcloud.

Search for OTL Podcast on ITunes,Stitcher, TuneIn and Spotify and you will be able to subscribe so that you receive future episodes.

Feedback appreciated and suggestions for what you want to hear would be good.

Happy listening [emoji815]️[emoji442]

This has caused a bit of a stir on the Facebook page. The different charity is the Airdrie Community Trust(?) Going by the poster Ross Owen has posted. Anyone know anything about them? Or the reasons behind the club doing this? IMG_3898.thumb.jpg.ab55bd2922b4496fabd5b10076da7414.jpg

Saw this - also saw they’re in the stadium for a bucket collection at Arbroath game. Not sure what the story behind the match, but it appears the club is supporting them. Whatever the rationale, this isn’t the most professional way to go about things.

Saw this - also saw they’re in the stadium for a bucket collection at Arbroath game. Not sure what the story behind the match, but it appears the club is supporting them. Whatever the rationale, this isn’t the most professional way to go about things.

Have the stadium maybe double-booked hence the ‘other charity’?

3 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

With all the other threads chat about POTY,
I assume David Hutton's a shoe in for Airdrie?

I voted for David Hutton as he has been the MOM on so many occasions and his saves at Stenny and recently against Forfar are amongst the best I have ever seen. sadly in the first case we still lost. Funny how I did not think of Chris for the YPOTY as I think of him as a comparative veteran but he has been first class since Findlay departed. I did vote for Josh Edwards who has great potential.  I have been reading a book called Black boots and evening pinks ( I think) and it has a great wee chapter on "Loan players" . This made me think about the ones we have had who deserved YPOTY such as Ryan McCord/Scott Fraser/ Lucca Gasparotto but there have been some real duffs-Nico Sumsky? This season I would praise Josh Campbell but the other two are not there yet. Mind how we all had so many views on Jake Hastie-where is he now?  Looks as if as long as we stay part time loans are inevitable but it has been a mixed bunch for us. Other clubs experiences are probably similar in L1?

35 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

From manager down ,what a hapless bunch ,playoffs   a joke ,I have never seen a Airdrie team with less skill and spirit .

How these players made it into the professional ranks is a mystery.

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

From manager down ,what a hapless bunch ,playoffs   a joke ,I have never seen a Airdrie team with less skill and spirit .

Much as I agree about today's lacklustre display I can say that I have seen some worse lots but I have been there for almost sixty years. Since we became Airdrie united there have been worse performances but I understand your frustration. The overall record of the manager is about the same as Findlay's but I can't be bothered checking it.