• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - On The Road To Nowhere

OK I bow to the general opinion that we do not want relegation, I don't particularly relish it myself, but  I just do not see how we get out of the mess that we are continually in, we just seem to lurch from one crisis to another.

13 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

Perhaps relegation may not be a bad thing?  We have stagnated in this league for several years and have never really looked like getting out,   A good run in division two might give the momentum to return to the upper leag

13 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

Maybe we should drop the lonees for sat bring in our own players ,give them a boost see how it goes ,don't think it will be any worse ,at least they will be playing for their jobs,some one our players although not good will be better at the moment than the loan  boys ,

12 hours ago, Diamond legend said:

I have supported Airdrie for over 60 years I have just about had enough to survive at this level is an absolute disgrace If we get relegated I will not be back to watch this standard of football.

Same here friend and watched some of the best in a diamond jersey and nowadays some of the worst and when our board backed Findlay to the hilt their lack of football knowledge and misplaced trust has led us to the abyss. The deafening  silence form the board and our chairman who told us pre season that any player not giving 100% will not be there has conned us with jargon patter  and any club facing the problem we have would be looking for a striker who could pull us out of the hole we are in which we haven't had this season since Andy left!

Unfortunately we have had several 'New' starts with the Ballantynes and now with the current board which has come to nothing is there anyone with football acumen among them ?

or is division 2 exactly where we should be albeit without Diamond Legend and myself. Even the wee Rovers show more determination,fight and courage than our sorry lot against all the odds!

It just absolutely baffles me that our midfield can be so bad. It's been 2 or 3 years now, and it's still not fit for purpose.

1 hour ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Ian Harty's only 40, surely we can coax him out of retirement for the run-in...

No,you have to be 18 yer old,any older and you go in the reserves .

On 3/11/2019 at 08:03, The Moonster said:

Our fans said this when we were dropping out the Championship. What a laugh it's been.

Quite. How many teams have actually been given a big boost from being relegated?

It was pretty obvious from two or three games into the season we needed a striker,I know a lot on here will think I was always downing  MacIntosh ,The way I see it ,the manager is now is  begining to have his doubts ,He can win his fair share in the air and would need a striker to play off him ,Duffy has been a good player and maybe still is in this league but it's a nippy  striker we need if the manager is to play MacIntosh ,or where are the goals going to come from ,we keep hitting the post or bar , and hitting it past the post ,the few chances we create we have to have someone to hit the net ,got a bad feeling it will be worse after sat game ,they have Thomas who has made all the difference to Dumbarton .

Spaces left for kids, parents, or just folk needing a lift to the game on Sat.

Suggested Donation a fiver, but a few quid more would be appreciated for adults.

Image may contain: text

Latest OTL Podcasts for anyone interested.

On the Fields matters and daft song

Boardroom Struggle

https://soundcloud.com/colin-telford/march-part-2-boardroom-schenanigans

Also have the begging bowl out to fund a proper soundcloud membership which would let me link things up properly with phone apps so that podcasts are delivered straight to your phone. Any donations to that massively appreciated - modest target of £90 and £30 already in

https://www.gofundme.com/manage/otl-podcast-soundcloud-costs

So the 2nd last home game against Stenhousemuir on 13th April has been selected for live TV coverage on BBC Alba with a 5.15pm kickoff. They obviously see it as a potential relegation crunch.

2 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

So the 2nd last home game against Stenhousemuir on 13th April has been selected for live TV coverage on BBC Alba with a 5.15pm kickoff. They obviously see it as a potential relegation crunch.

A huge crowd no doubt. I will learn a few gaelic chants. Hopefully Easter time will have seen us rising up the table.  Last night's late goal for East Fife was a relief to me at least.  read the tiser today and what optimistic spin from the journalists.  Sean McIntosh is referred to as "the constant in the dressing room" over the last three years which makes me wonder where he was until three games ago.  The Dumbarton game is vital

On 3/13/2019 at 17:04, AFC1878 said:

Do we not even get on the new channel with HD and English speaking commentary??  Unfortunately I’ll probably end up going anyway.

On 13/03/2019 at 17:04, AFC1878 said:

So do I TBF. 

I'm travelling that day so think I'm probably one of the only people this suits. Having said that even if I was at home it might just have been too tempting to watch it at home with a beer instead. Dread to think what the crowd will be that day.

10 hours ago, airdrieman said:

So do I TBF. 

I'm travelling that day so think I'm probably one of the only people this suits. Having said that even if I was at home it might just have been too tempting to watch it at home with a beer instead. Dread to think what the crowd will be that day.

A win on sat will help the crowd ,can't see where our goals will come from .Carrick,@ Wilkie on from the start could help .would like to see us leave the loan boys on bench  ,anything is worth a try in this must win game.

Perhaps relegation may not be a bad thing?  We have stagnated in this league for several years and have never really looked like getting out,   A good run in division two might give the momentum to return to the upper leagues

Your last comment was what several of our fans said after our relegation last season and look how that’s turned out. Be careful what you wish for, that’s all.

1 hour ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Your last comment was what several of our fans said after our relegation last season and look how that’s turned out. Be careful what you wish for, that’s all.

I would understand the point of seeing relegation to League 2 as an opportunity to consolidate if League 1 was too challenging an environment to stand a realistic chance of success.

But it isn't.

A bit of good news would not go  a miss , signing a striker or a good centre back ,or even a player that could pass a ball ,what a timely bit of news it would be ,I'll wake up ,we are Airdrie that just does not happen,