The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Questions bout the hybrid model the club is adopting

How many players will be f/t?

Will any coaching staff go f/t?

How will training work/function with both p/t & f/t players?

Don’t know. Goalkeepers definitely part-time.

Murray was already full-time. No other staff full-time.

Full time players will train during the day except on the days the part-time players train, then they’ll train in the evening.

Don’t know if it’s already been said in here, but according to the daily record, you lot have offered Blair Henderson a part time contract. He had knocked back a full time offer
Could possibly be a gamble worth taking

17 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Questions bout the hybrid model the club is adopting

How many players will be f/t?

Will any coaching staff go f/t?

How will training work/function with both p/t & f/t players?

I believe initially they said they wanted the playing squad to be split half and half between full-timers and part-timers. However, they seem to have signed a bunch of young full-timers to pad out the squad/play in the reserves so whether that will mean they'll now have more full-timers than part-timers or most of our starting squad will be part-time I don't know. I think we'll only really know for sure once our squad is signed up. Murray is already full-time 

16 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

He did say he wanted to sign back on but that was all he said in public. Given how we were all taken in by all the hype last season , I am keeping quiet for now

It's hard to know how much stock to take in that. He's kind of got to say that and you would imagine an offer from Raith or Thistle (and probably full-time too) would be tempting. Having said that given his age and the stage of his career he's at he might be happy to stay part-time. And without wanting to indulge in the "love playing for this football club" cliche that players regularly hit out with he did genuinely seem to enjoy his time here. 

1 hour ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Nathan Austin has signed for Kelty Hearts :unsure2:

It's a shame to see guys like him, Easton and Reilly plodding around in the Lowland League but if they've been offered a fair whack then fair enough. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Barry & co make an arse of it. 

Edited by airdrieman

It's a shame to see guys like him, Easton and Reilly plodding around in the Lowland League but if they've been offered a fair whack then fair enough. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Barry & co might an arse of it. 

Will be good to see who The chuckle brothers sign because I would’ve took Easton,Meggatt and Austin

After watching the video Airdrie put on twitter of all the goals this season i hope Murray gives Joao another run out. Some of the goals he created and scored is something we started to miss towards the end.

Never in a million Sunday’s I’m surprised he’s not released or transfer listed
You'd like to think the club would consider releasing some news of the players released, on the website, maybe under the title "Contracted players made available" or something similar.

5 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

You'd like to think the club would consider releasing some news of the players released, on the website, maybe under the title "Contracted players made available" or something similar.

I thought they had?