The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

6 hours ago, Airdrie Minded said:

Is this aimed at me?? Must be as I think I’m the only one that’s summarised today’s meeting anywhere. First time poster with an agenda it seems (I say that as my main take away from tonight was why won’t the club get round the table with the Trust - you’ve landed firmly on the clubs side without being there!?) I’ll answer though where I can.
1. No one is anti stadium owners as such. Who said that? The idea was 10 people putting same money in for equal share. That didn’t happen for whatever reason is what I was told. Perhaps the club could explain the make up of the board and who actually owns the shares. There doesn’t seem to have been a plan for certain individuals to put more in. That was the outcome though it if the chat was right tonight. There’s a story here I can’t answer basically but I’m keen to understand what the reality is. Did PH put money in for others and did he always intend to do that so he got more control? Or is that all just crap!
2. I said well done to the club. I see this as a good thing. If I was being inquisitive I would ask what is the Holemaster money for the new deal versus the Holemaster money + away shirt raffle for last year. That gives you if it’s a better deal (not trying to be a dick here but that’s a basic question to ask rather than just accepting “record deals” - the club can clarify that). Income wasn’t guaranteed you’re right, but the actual figure is known (to the club) so not sure your point
3. No idea how many went, didn’t count. Decent turn out I’d say though. The Trust aren’t the supporters, completely agree. They are a Trust made up of supporters. I don’t think they promote themselves as anything different. Agree with team wins people go. Concern is team don’t win, people don’t go. Tough league next year and gates aren’t great for launching full time football. Again basic stuff - Wotherspoon lost interest and we nearly went to the wall. Could happen with this lot. Btw no mention of that tonight, but I just worry about that.
4. £150k, something like that, was figure given re Trust payment to club. Given current circumstances not sure how much other cash will be handed over at the moment! FFIT club mentioned as having brought in £8k in past few months? Decent. Key here would be Trust and club working together to utilise stadium. Host an event, bring people to stadium, spend money. I thought the Trust thing or real value comes in promoting the club. Also £10k kit aid I guess?
5. What has the commercial manager got to do with the Trust meeting? Why should we be talking about it? This reeks of agenda at this point, maybe I’m not in the know here as details weren’t publicised but it didn’t seem to end well. And I’m not in that line of work but jesus mate, selling out Airdrie, seats/hospitality/advertising boards is an impossible task I’d imagine given the absolute shite on the park! How do you get folk to watch that garbage! No idea of numbers, sales v previous years, or role of who did what in terms of getting sponsors etc. That will give you your answers. Holemasters were there prior to the takeover so who knows (so was Commercial manager but? And Ballantyne? So... dunno ) no idea re club partners, again ask the club I guess. Merchandise money went to the club I think. Mention made it was gifted and included within their accounts?

No not aimed at you

my first post was basic things that I had noticed in recent times

the second post was purely my thoughts on your notes from the meeting.  Notes that I was grateful you put up but were not your comments purely facts from a public meeting 

no agenda, no conspiracy, just my opinions 

4 hours ago, Nipper said:

Diamond Dave by any chance ? I honestly don't think you'd be interested in anything the trust  committee or members have to say.  

Here we go.  Someone dares to have an opinion that doesn’t say the trust are the best thing since sliced bread and the owners are terrible.  So it must be a plant or an insider!!!!  Hold on perhaps I am PH!!!!

i have put logical points up and had hoped for logical answers,   I mean the trust couldn’t possibly be bending the truth to make themselves look perfect!!!!

That was sarcasm by the way.

Here’s my take of the key points. There was other stuff talked about.

Key points:
1. PH actively engaged Trust prior to take over. Trust played a key part in helping put pressure on Wetherspoon. PH worked with Trust and DFC to engineer the takeover.
2. The Trust are due an additional £10k worth of shares and the club appear to have reneged on that deal (this is in addition to the original £10k of shares that was bought by the Trust). Money was passed to the club but no shares were passed over. There is documented evidence (email trail) of the agreement to sell to the Trust.
3. The Trust buying Colin Elliot’s shares appears to tie in with a further souring of the relationship. However this wouldn’t have impacted the overall “power” or control
4. PH bought the Ballantyne shares without advising other shareholders (this was told to me)
5. Trust view is that the community work they undertake helps raise the brand, helps breed new supporters and generates a source of income for the club
6. Trust donated £142k to the club since 2002. FFIT club for instance raised £8k approx recently - this goes straight to club. Not sure this is a Trust hatchet job?
7. Trust will continue to focus on community. Want to do that working with the club.
8. The Trust ARE co-owners. They own shares. They’ve put £20k in.
9. Trust don’t understand why the conflict exists. Want to resolve it
10. The Board members left are allies of PH. No one else appears to be left.
11. Trust were told not to use club crest to advertise camps by the club.
12. Trust have continued activities as normal in support of club (lottery, FFIT etc).
13. The Advertiser approached the Trust for comment about the football camps. The Trust did not contact them. 2 separate camps being advertised led them to ask the question.
14. Walter Spiers advised they (him, Gavin, Stuart Shields and Bobby Watson) walked away as their main driver was the club, supporters and community. Priority of those left is now money. He sees the key for them is funding the stadium. The club is just a vehicle to allow this to happen.
15. The Trust speaker stated they would not be advocating a boycott.

I also heard a rumour amongst those that were there that not all original consortium members put money in as planned. What happened was PH covered their share (so, for the guys on his side) effectively leaving him as the man in control. The original vision of everyone putting the same amount of money in and having equal say didn’t happen as he put more money in than others - don’t know if by design or he was let down. The consortium ‘vision’ was therefore that, just a vision, a concept. And although we all bought into it, it never existed. I’ve not tracked it through on companies house but it’s another company holding shares in the club of which PH is 100% shareholder in? Something like that. Maybe rubbish. Diamond Dave can likely help.

It would be good to hear from the club now. The Trust have stated they want communication. We should want an update.

I thought it was common knowledge that PH used a few people as a front for the '10' we speak of. Witch hunting anyone is never going to sort this. I don't think the trust has ever spoken for me but day by day this becomes more and more the case, if they want to sort things and talk then for me they are going 100% the wrong way about it.

I thought it was common knowledge that PH used a few people as a front for the '10' we speak of. Witch hunting anyone is never going to sort this. I don't think the trust has ever spoken for me but day by day this becomes more and more the case, if they want to sort things and talk then for me they are going 100% the wrong way about it.

To be clear, the point around PH front money and the consortium of 10 absolutely did not come from the Trust. That was said to me by someone else in attendance, I wasn’t aware of it so noted it here. The point around 10 members all with an equal share was on the Trust slides but not to go after anyone, just outlining a timeline etc. I just found it interesting in that we were sold something that could never actually have existed.

If I was to summarise last night in one point it’s the Trust don’t know why the club aren’t speaking but they are looking to reopen discussions. It wasn’t a witch hunt it was confusion and an appeal to talk.

9 hours ago, Airdrie Minded said:

Here’s my take of the key points. There was other stuff talked about.

Key points:

1. PH actively engaged Trust prior to take over. Trust played a key part in helping put pressure on Wetherspoon. PH worked with Trust and DFC to engineer the takeover.

2. The Trust are due an additional £10k worth of shares and the club appear to have reneged on that deal (this is in addition to the original £10k of shares that was bought by the Trust). Money was passed to the club but no shares were passed over. There is documented evidence (email trail) of the agreement to sell to the Trust.

3. The Trust buying Colin Elliot’s shares appears to tie in with a further souring of the relationship. However this wouldn’t have impacted the overall “power” or control

4. PH bought the Ballantyne shares without advising other shareholders (this was told to me)

5. Trust view is that the community work they undertake helps raise the brand, helps breed new supporters and generates a source of income for the club

6. Trust donated £142k to the club since 2002. FFIT club for instance raised £8k approx recently - this goes straight to club. Not sure this is a Trust hatchet job?

7. Trust will continue to focus on community. Want to do that working with the club.

8. The Trust ARE co-owners. They own shares. They’ve put £20k in.

9. Trust don’t understand why the conflict exists. Want to resolve it

10. The Board members left are allies of PH. No one else appears to be left.

11. Trust were told not to use club crest to advertise camps by the club.

12. Trust have continued activities as normal in support of club (lottery, FFIT etc).

13. The Advertiser approached the Trust for comment about the football camps. The Trust did not contact them. 2 separate camps being advertised led them to ask the question.

14. Walter Spiers advised they (him, Gavin, Stuart Shields and Bobby Watson) walked away as their main driver was the club, supporters and community. Priority of those left is now money. He sees the key for them is funding the stadium. The club is just a vehicle to allow this to happen.

15. The Trust speaker stated they would not be advocating a boycott.

I also heard a rumour amongst those that were there that not all original consortium members put money in as planned. What happened was PH covered their share (so, for the guys on his side) effectively leaving him as the man in control. The original vision of everyone putting the same amount of money in and having equal say didn’t happen as he put more money in than others - don’t know if by design or he was let down. The consortium ‘vision’ was therefore that, just a vision, a concept. And although we all bought into it, it never existed. I’ve not tracked it through on companies house but it’s another company holding shares in the club of which PH is 100% shareholder in? Something like that. Maybe rubbish. Diamond Dave can likely help.

It would be good to hear from the club now. The Trust have stated they want communication. We should want an update.

You are a very bitter ex-director and I claim my £10.

To be clear, the point around PH front money and the consortium of 10 absolutely did not come from the Trust. That was said to me by someone else in attendance, I wasn’t aware of it so noted it here. The point around 10 members all with an equal share was on the Trust slides but not to go after anyone, just outlining a timeline etc. I just found it interesting in that we were sold something that could never actually have existed.

If I was to summarise last night in one point it’s the Trust don’t know why the club aren’t speaking but they are looking to reopen discussions. It wasn’t a witch hunt it was confusion and an appeal to talk.
I was told not long after the dfc meeting. The others that were involved must've known.

Where are all these new posters coming from???

I gave a summary (after someone asked) and its bringing them out the woodwork it would seem. I wasn’t trying to be a smart arse or in the know (I’m not). I was playing back what I heard last night. Anyway, I’ll not bother next time.

I was told not long after the dfc meeting. The others that were involved must've known.

Was news to me, didn’t know it was out there and I can’t comment as don’t know details. I probably shouldn’t have mentioned it here then as it wasn’t brought up as part of the meeting.

37 minutes ago, Airdrie Minded said:

I gave a summary (after someone asked) and its bringing them out the woodwork it would seem. I wasn’t trying to be a smart arse or in the know (I’m not). I was playing back what I heard last night. Anyway, I’ll not bother next time.

I appreciate you taking the time to post a summary, as many others will. What I would say though is, I didn’t read new poster Diamond Outsiders response as being aimed at you, as what you posted wasn’t your opinion but notes from the meeting. 

4 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I appreciate you taking the time to post a summary, as many others will. What I would say though is, I didn’t read new poster Diamond Outsiders response as being aimed at you, as what you posted wasn’t your opinion but notes from the meeting. 

Exactly correct and already made this point.  I was also grateful for the update

9 hours ago, Airdrie Minded said:

With regards to the charity involvement, I’m sure the club doesn’t suffer financially from it. Sat on way home and working it through as nothing else to do, the Trust paid the club 10k in 2016 I think and Maggies, St. Andrews and Trust benefitted. The year after, Holemasters paid for Maggies and the hospice to benefit (again I think, feel free to correct me). This year, was it not reported a local benefactor paid a five figure sum for 3 charities to benefit? There’s other donations etc in there too right enough. But surely the club and stadium has benefitted from these associations (based on payments and the events) - not lost money. And the whole charity thing has also seen the profile of the club raised massively. How do you place value on that?

Do all board members live in the town btw? Don’t think PH does

I'm just sharing what I've heard from friends with members of the board and their side.

I know when I was helping out with Trust events, we got a lot of help, freebies and discounted rates from the Stadium.

From what I 've heard the rift started because apparently, the Club/Stadium company decided enough was enough they aren't making out of this. Goodwill can only go so far, the Club and Stadium had to make money and too much of their time and resources were going on other activities and the Trust would no longer be getting a free meal ticket.

The squabbling has then lead to folk bad mouthing people and this, in turn, has found its way back to the other party. 

I'm sure there is a lot more to it and people closer to the situation could put a lot more meat on it but that's what I've heard. I can see where both points of view are coming from. I certainly don't want to have to pick sides and I'm sure most folk don't want to either. I just wish all this pish could be put to bed and we could get on with supporting the Club. But I guess with all that's gone on in the past with club nobody actually trusts one another and it just leads to one drama after another with Airdrie.

Looks like PH doesn't think he needs the support of the Trust going forward. Which is well and good if things are going well next season - the team doing well, potential big gates from the likes of Falkirk or Thistle (if they go down ) BUT if things go tits up then that could be another matter. That's when PH  might need the help of the Trust  bigstyle. To potentially freeze them out at this time is risky unless he's sure that he has a sustainable model and finances in place to weather the storm of another shit season on the park and dwindling crowds. It looks like he's going to take that risk - based on some kind of business model that doesn't factor in the Trust and its funds. Now, if we are flying high in 8-10 months, the relationship between PH and the Trust will be well forgotten - because  most football fans are a fickle as feck. If not, then this issue will be right at the forefront - especially if PH is looking for some kind of cash injection if we are languishing at the bottom of the league in front of 500 fans (I am sure his sustainable model will have factored this scenario in.....).

I hope PH knows what he's doing - ultimately he has a lot to lose. Stating the bloody obvious the stadium and the Club are intrinsically linked - no Club, no stadium.  PH has nothing. Elton John aint going to appear every year as are away cup draws to the Old Firm. 

It's now PH should be reaching out to us all - telling us of his vision for the club and how he is going to try and achieve it - asking everyone to "buy into it" - including the Trust. I am guessing an Airdrie surviving in the Championship - crowds 1000-2000 dependant on the opposition, more season tickets, higher admission fees. Fans happy, club happy, trust happy, PH happy.  But I am just guessing - because this vision hasn't been communicated to us by PH or the club.  So what about it PH? 

I'm just sharing what I've heard from friends with members of the board and their side.
I know when I was helping out with Trust events, we got a lot of help, freebies and discounted rates from the Stadium.
From what I 've heard the rift started because apparently, the Club/Stadium company decided enough was enough they aren't making out of this. Goodwill can only go so far, the Club and Stadium had to make money and too much of their time and resources were going on other activities and the Trust would no longer be getting a free meal ticket.
The squabbling has then lead to folk bad mouthing people and this, in turn, has found its way back to the other party. 
I'm sure there is a lot more to it and people closer to the situation could put a lot more meat on it but that's what I've heard. I can see where both points of view are coming from. I certainly don't want to have to pick sides and I'm sure most folk don't want to either. I just wish all this pish could be put to bed and we could get on with supporting the Club. But I guess with all that's gone on in the past with club nobody actually trusts one another and it just leads to one drama after another with Airdrie.
This seems like a more plausible explanation.

1 hour ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Looks like PH doesn't think he needs the support of the Trust going forward.

Without assuming that is true, I can never understand this way of thinking.  Sure, the club might not need the support of the Trust to achieve it's goals but it's unlikely that it'll be in a stronger position without that support.

My problem is does PH have something to hide?The Trust last night clearly stated that PH has failed on several times to respond to emails about getting around the table and sorting things out.Yes we all want a successful team on the park but to achieve that off field matters matter. If the hybrid proposal works then fine but if it doesn't where will it leave us?So if you're reading this Mr H get it sorted with The Trust,who are willing too,and let's MAKE AIRDRIE GREAT AGAIN