Conroy- punt
Duffy- punt
McInstosh- punt
Stewart- maybe
Wilkie- keep
Glass- loan (punt)
Cairns- punt
S McIntosh- punt

Cannae Punt Sean Macintosh hes the best young player in our squad he’s the future

7 minutes ago, Diamond legend said:

And David Goodwillie.

Couldn't make the game today because of time restraints - but decided to go and see Clyde v Berwick. Clyde were very neat and tidy back to front  - with Goodwillie  showing his class , granted against a very poor Berwick.  With the personnel we've got at the moment, I think we've dodged a bullet by avoiding the relegation  play offs  - on what I witnessed today,  we might  (would) have struggled against a Clyde team  (assuming they'll reach the play-offs) who looked comfortable and assured playing from the back and tried to play football  without big punts from the centre half.  (Talking to a couple of Clyde fans, they told me that they've been playing that way most of the season.)

Anyway, without trying to stir up a hornets nest and go into any politics - Goodwillie was a stand out - and could (with Clyde or not ) do a job in League 1 or the Championship.

Regarding keep or punt -  would keep Hutton, Campbell  and Carrick .  I was going to say  that  next season similar to the Findlay's  (for Murray) in that he's got no excuses - it will be his players - but I forgot that we have the Director of Football involved in recruitment. Hopefully we can recruit wisely and Murray can manage likewise. It cant get any worse - can it?

One of my rare appearances at a match today and  I have to say that Hawkshaw was just about the only ray of hope (excluding the keeper) today. Other than those two we were dire and deservedly lost to a team whom we would have hammered not so long ago. Shows how low we have sunk.

Hutton-POTY by far

Scott Gallagher-Solid keeper,Sadly he got injured

Ben (Roddy) McKenzie- Solid young goalie

S Macintosh-Young But still Shite

Robertson-No good but no shite

Crighton-Same as Robbo

McDonald-Shite

ONeil-Better than I thought he would be not as good as made out to be

Page-Utter shite

Edwards-Same as shifty

Miller-Who?

Campbell-Best of the loan signings

Gallagher-Same as Robbo

Stewart-Gives 100% but no end product

Conroy-Abysmal

Glass-Not bad needs to learn how to see a pass

Houston-Never got a run of games

Wilkie-Blowing out his arse before he goes on

Carrick-Worker that won’t score goals

Duffy-Lacked service,but his legs are finished

Victoria-overrated had a good spell at the start of the season

Leighton Macintosh-Worker but utter dross

A lot of reshaping and replacements needed next season!!!

Posted elsewhere but as Conroy grinned as he came off, that decided me that he should go now! Sean Crichton tried so many long diagonals which were predictable and unproductive apart from his first one. We rarely passed the ball in any creative ways. Far too ponderous across the whole lot. Hawkshaw did some tricky stuff but vanished as Montrose took over. Players in different roles again today as if Murray has no idea where their strengths lie.   Campbell and Millar did work hard but it never produced anything. As to who should stay I cant get past Hutton. So many trips to Angus and I would hope another one goes up and Brechin go down.  Where this hybrid future takes us can only be seen when we see who is signed but I do hope it is not the Wotherspoon times again. Only two to go but maybe we could squeeze a point from Arbroath at last and collect four wins over Stranraer?  Long drive back today was enlivened by hearing Dick Campbell on Off The Ball=a real character indeed.

First game in a long time.

First half both teams played some good football. Airdrie had most of possession but Montrose had the better chances. We looked tidy with the ball but not much cutting edge.

Second half we were shocking and Montrose quite rightly won relatively comfortable.

Conroy is clearly good technically but he was lost on that pitch today. He didnt get much time on the ball and he just floats about. He lost the ball several times today. The left back for Airdrie looked half decent. Hawkshaw was also not too bad. I trust murray to get it right but it is a big challenge for him. Compare that to Montrose who have almost the same team as last year yet almost certainly in the play offs. A fantastic effort. Airdrie should look to Montrose for everything that a part time club should be.

First game in a long time.

First half both teams played some good football. Airdrie had most of possession but Montrose had the better chances. We looked tidy with the ball but not much cutting edge.

Second half we were shocking and Montrose quite rightly won relatively comfortable.

Conroy is clearly good technically but he was lost on that pitch today. He didnt get much time on the ball and he just floats about. He lost the ball several times today. The left back for Airdrie looked half decent. Hawkshaw was also not too bad. I trust murray to get it right but it is a big challenge for him. Compare that to Montrose who have almost the same team as last year yet almost certainly in the play offs. A fantastic effort. Airdrie should look to Montrose for everything that a part time club should be.

Who’s the left back that looked half decent?Theyre both shite

1 hour ago, Moon said:

Maybe we should look for a good striker before going for the sex offender.

Then sign him when we get desperate :lol: #airdrieprinciples

36 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Awk f**k up man he’d score loads for us

Right enough strikers will be rushing to join us ,with what I have watched this season any half decent striker would be better ,

I understand it’s literally someone on P&B saying you should sign him but Goodwillie is under contract for next season anyway. There’s absolutely no way we’d sell to Airdrie (or anybody) unless it was for a substantial sum.