The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

When you consider where we were at the start of the season. I remember walking out the Hamilton game thinking we were well and truly back and ready to take on all comers!

Fast forward not even 9 months and I fear for the future.

The clubs only method of communication now appears to be Diamond Dave intermittently posting on here (apologies Dave if I’m wrongly assuming you have links to the club).

1 hour ago, Old Diamond said:

As I said in my previous post, threat of legal action.  Journalist receives information that prominent local businessman is being naughty, but journalist knows said businessman and decides that printing the story might result in expensive libel case  if alleged facts cannot be proved so contacts said local businessman for comment and is firmly warned off.  Local businessman has a pretty good idea who the source of this story is and takes action. 

doesn't seem in keeping with how the Trust has dealt with things before.

It seems the Supporters Trust board contacted a journalist from a local newspaper and tried to get him to do a hatchet job on the club.  The club were tipped off hence the reason a line has been drawn here with the ST.  I'd do the exact same. How can the club work with a a group who are trying to trash it in the media? If this is proven to be the case (and I believe it can be) then the Supporters Trust board need to have a serious look at themselves and resignations should follow.
Idiotic doesn't even begin to cover it.

Just seen this post and I feel I need to address it as I personally take great offence at this comment and feel it's claims must be answered.

I was the Trust representative that met with the Advertiser a couple of weeks ago, the Trust have always had a good working relationship with the Advertiser and in particular their last two Sports reporters who we would regularly contact.

I met with them to discuss various upcoming Trust events with the hope that they could help promoting them. To have it said that I would do or say anything to damage the Club I have supported for over 30 years is not only ridiculous but also extremely insulting to me.

I can assure everyone reading this that everything the Trust undertakes is always for the benefit of the club, its fans or the community. The Trust have been working very hard recently running various community events and we have also been doing our very best to find a way to work with the current board at moving forward without much success. This is a very hard situation for us as a collective, as we all want to do our very best to help make our club a positive role model in the community and see the team perform as successfully as possible on the field.

I like all fans am disappointed at the lack of success on the field this season, but to have this said about my role on the Trust committee is very hard to stomach.

I look forward to 'Diamond Dave' or anyone else producing this evidence to back up this claim.

Stephen Eaton

5 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Apparently any shares that were owned by the directors who resigned have been transferred to Paul Hetherington. However, there is seemingly something in place that limits the number of shares that a single person can have so some are in the names of his close friends. 

According to Stuart Shields (out of his own mouth) at a Trust meeting a few weeks ago he still has his shares.

54 minutes ago, stevee72 said:

Just seen this post and I feel I need to address it as I personally take great offence at this comment and feel it's claims must be answered.

I was the Trust representative that met with the Advertiser a couple of weeks ago, the Trust have always had a good working relationship with the Advertiser and in particular their last two Sports reporters who we would regularly contact.

I met with them to discuss various upcoming Trust events with the hope that they could help promoting them. To have it said that I would do or say anything to damage the Club I have supported for over 30 years is not only ridiculous but also extremely insulting to me.

I can assure everyone reading this that everything the Trust undertakes is always for the benefit of the club, its fans or the community. The Trust have been working very hard recently running various community events and we have also been doing our very best to find a way to work with the current board at moving forward without much success. This is a very hard situation for us as a collective, as we all want to do our very best to help make our club a positive role model in the community and see the team perform as successfully as possible on the field.

I like all fans am disappointed at the lack of success on the field this season, but to have this said about my role on the Trust committee is very hard to stomach.

I look forward to 'Diamond Dave' or anyone else producing this evidence to back up this claim.

Stephen Eaton

Glad you spoke out Stephen. Some folk don’t like the truth to get in the way of a good story.

1 hour ago, stevee72 said:

Stephen Eaton

Well said Stephen

Those who question your integrity need to have a good look in the mirror.

You have greater staying power than I mate.

According to Stuart Shields (out of his own mouth) at a Trust meeting a few weeks ago he still has his shares.

That’s good to know. Hopefully the others have retained their shares. Don’t know if that would give them any power to hold PH to account if need be though.

18 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

That’s good to know. Hopefully the others have retained their shares. Don’t know if that would give them any power to hold PH to account if need be though.

As far as I've heard everyone who bought shares have retained them. The only problem was with the trust trying to purchase extra shares they were promised.

It seems the Supporters Trust board contacted a journalist from a local newspaper and tried to get him to do a hatchet job on the club.  The club were tipped off hence the reason a line has been drawn here with the ST.  I'd do the exact same. How can the club work with a a group who are trying to trash it in the media? If this is proven to be the case (and I believe it can be) then the Supporters Trust board need to have a serious look at themselves and resignations should follow.

Paul?Why you got to hide as DiamondDave?

9 hours ago, Airdrie Minded said:

When you consider where we were at the start of the season. I remember walking out the Hamilton game thinking we were well and truly back and ready to take on all comers!

Fast forward not even 9 months and I fear for the future.

The clubs only method of communication now appears to be Diamond Dave intermittently posting on here (apologies Dave if I’m wrongly assuming you have links to the club).

Why would you need to apologise?  

Surely it's now up to Diamond Dave to come back on and provide proof of his allegations as he's been directly and comprehensively refuted by one of the people he sought to smear.

He's defended PH a few times on here, and that's fine, but when you seek to take folk down anonymously then disappear, that's another matter.

1 hour ago, Pesadilla said:

Surely it's now up to Diamond Dave to come back on and provide proof of his allegations as he's been directly and comprehensively refuted by one of the people he sought to smear.

He's defended PH a few times on here, and that's fine, but when you seek to take folk down anonymously then disappear, that's another matter.

I think the chances of hearing from Diamond Dave again are nil. He did exactly the same thing the last time he appeared on here..........as soon as he was challenged he was gone.

17 hours ago, stevee72 said:

Stephen Eaton

Hi Stephen - please accept my apologies for my idle speculation following the original posting by our now discredited "contributor", great to see the truth being posted.

On 4/15/2019 at 14:16, Diamond Dave said:

Third time's a charm hopefully!

What's your source for this nonsense?

16 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

It's not the first time he's posted shite and disappeared. You may remember he previously sameared an employee of the club , stating their main focus seemed to be raising funds for the Trust.

The irony of coming on here, throwing accusations that appear to have little substance and yet still accuse others of looking to hurt the club at the same time is staggering. However if we are (all?) right in thinking that Diamond Dave is linked to the club then it’s actually really alarming and speaks volumes as to what he thinks of us as supporters.

20 hours ago, Airdrie Minded said:

The irony of coming on here, throwing accusations that appear to have little substance and yet still accuse others of looking to hurt the club at the same time is staggering. However if we are (all?) right in thinking that Diamond Dave is linked to the club then it’s actually really alarming and speaks volumes as to what he thinks of us as supporters.

'Thinks of us as supporters' makes an assumption that he does anything of the sort. Last in a long list of priorities I would suggest.