The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Dougy's departure should be the final nail in the coffin of the notion that this club has in any way changed since the darkest days of previous regimes. Short sighted and petty on so many levels. Hell mend those in charge. 

Dougy's departure should be the final nail in the coffin of the notion that this club has in any way changed since the darkest days of previous regimes. Short sighted and petty on so many levels. Hell mend those in charge. 

They’ll come to regret it when the team are playing in front of a couple hundred folk, the hospitality boxes are empty and there’s no trackside advertising boards (apart from Penny Cars obviously)

15 hours ago, Airdrie Minded said:

Of course let’s wait and and see what happens. The mention though that part of the reason is down to his involvement with the Supporters Trust is a worry though. Sounds like the club are drawing a line here

It seems the Supporters Trust board contacted a journalist from a local newspaper and tried to get him to do a hatchet job on the club.  The club were tipped off hence the reason a line has been drawn here with the ST.  I'd do the exact same. How can the club work with a a group who are trying to trash it in the media? If this is proven to be the case (and I believe it can be) then the Supporters Trust board need to have a serious look at themselves and resignations should follow.

Idiotic doesn't even begin to cover it.

I used to be on the Trust Board and remember vividly Bob Reid shooting down something I said by reminding me that the Trust was set up to try and make sure there would always be a football club.

I’d need to understand what exactly they’d asked the journalist (presumably Mark Pirie) to run before I could judge.

They are volunteers and have achieved a massive amount from a standing start. I’m saddened we’ve come to this point and really don’t see any future at the minute.

To your call for them to resign, if they do, we’ll be left with no trust, which would be a further nail in the coffin for Airdrieonians IMHO.

The apathy is astounding at present and I think the onus has to be on the Board to come out with a vision on how we turn things round and what they would like to see the fans (and the trust) contribute to that.

You seem to be very well informed and so you can relay to the board that I’m happy to give them a platform to do that through the podcast.... might get more than 120 listens next month that way 🤪

1 hour ago, CapitalDiamond said:

I used to be on the Trust Board and remember vividly Bob Reid shooting down something I said by reminding me that the Trust was set up to try and make sure there would always be a football club.

I’d need to understand what exactly they’d asked the journalist (presumably Mark Pirie) to run before I could judge.

They are volunteers and have achieved a massive amount from a standing start. I’m saddened we’ve come to this point and really don’t see any future at the minute.

To your call for them to resign, if they do, we’ll be left with no trust, which would be a further nail in the coffin for Airdrieonians IMHO.

The apathy is astounding at present and I think the onus has to be on the Board to come out with a vision on how we turn things round and what they would like to see the fans (and the trust) contribute to that.

You seem to be very well informed and so you can relay to the board that I’m happy to give them a platform to do that through the podcast.... might get more than 120 listens next month that way 

Don't hold your breath waiting for that. 

3 hours ago, Diamond Dave said:

It seems the Supporters Trust board contacted a journalist from a local newspaper and tried to get him to do a hatchet job on the club.  The club were tipped off hence the reason a line has been drawn here with the ST.  I'd do the exact same. How can the club work with a a group who are trying to trash it in the media? If this is proven to be the case (and I believe it can be) then the Supporters Trust board need to have a serious look at themselves and resignations should follow.

Maybe you should resign for talking nonsense?

Who is your source? 

5 hours ago, Diamond Dave said:

Yes every time there's a departure from the club up pops Diamond Dave to put his spin on the story.

The last time we heard from you you were telling us how all the dead wood had been cleared out of the board.

44 minutes ago, Nipper said:

Yes every time there's a departure from the club up pops Diamond Dave to put his spin on the story.

The last time we heard from you you were telling us how all the dead wood had been cleared out of the board.

Exactly. All smoke and mirrors. The Airdrie propaganda machine! 

This is a big allegation to be making against a Trust who have always done right by the club in my eyes. Can I ask how you are so certain it can be proven? Do you have inside information? It’s certainly written as if you do.

The club have been absolutely silent on a number of things since the exodus began. Looking at the statement made at the time of the consortium taking over (which was on Facebook last night), at least(?) half of those listed have moved on. I find it hard to believe that all those gone are somehow in the wrong while the few that are left are completely in the right. The numbers are too alarming for that to be the case. And the ongoing (visible to all) situation with the club and Trust seems to be reflective of the conflict we’ve seen happen in the Board room and of how things are handled.

This is a worrying situation we find ourselves in. The season will likely be put to be bed on the park at the weekend (at both ends of the table), I dread to think how many home supporters will be there to see us play in the last home game of the season. None of this is great timing with season tickets needing sold shortly.

https://www.airdriefc.com/clubstatement-090118

Yes,what a brainwave tactic Mr Murray playing  MacIntosh as defender on right side ,he will never be a defender never mind on his wrong side ,I know it's only Airdrie are only a job to you ,they mean a lot more than that to us .

I don't understand Murrays playing Mcintosh there can't kick a ball with his left foot especially with McDonald on the bench so he must put his hand up and admit he got it wrong but in fairness he changed it at half time.

12 hours ago, Nipper said:

If the allegations are true and the trust tried to blow the whistle on those running the club, we need to understand their motivation. I don't think any of them would have been acting vindictively, more likely they have a grave concern about the way the club is being run.

Part of the job of the trust is to scrutinise the board and work to ensure it is acting in the best interests of the club and it's fans. It's an unpleasant role. It now seems any scrutiny is met with at best a wall of silence, at worse the removal of people who have put their heart and soul in to the club for years.

I come back to the unanswered question about what has happened to the Trust's shares? And the shares of other departed directors? 

34 minutes ago, OTL2014 said:

If the allegations are true and the trust tried to blow the whistle on those running the club, we need to understand their motivation. I don't think any of them would have been acting vindictively, more likely they have a grave concern about the way the club is being run.

Part of the job of the trust is to scrutinise the board and work to ensure it is acting in the best interests of the club and it's fans. It's an unpleasant role. It now seems any scrutiny is met with at best a wall of silence, at worse the removal of people who have put their heart and soul in to the club for years.

I come back to the unanswered question about what has happened to the Trust's shares? And the shares of other departed directors? 

Agree, we need some transparency before the conspiracy theories begin to form, as nothing has been leaked  either on-line or via the press I think that a threat of legal action has been made

13 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

Agree, we need some transparency before the conspiracy theories begin to form, as nothing has been leaked  either on-line or via the press I think that a threat of legal action has been made

Yes, that would be true to form.

20 hours ago, Diamond Dave said:

I'm waiting to hear who your source is.

Also, a journalist passing up the chance to do a hatchet job on someone? In a local newspaper? How odd. How did that come about?

Apparently any shares that were owned by the directors who resigned have been transferred to Paul Hetherington. However, there is seemingly something in place that limits the number of shares that a single person can have so some are in the names of his close friends. 

31 minutes ago, Moon said:

Also, a journalist passing up the chance to do a hatchet job on someone? In a local newspaper? How odd. How did that come about?

As I said in my previous post, threat of legal action.  Journalist receives information that prominent local businessman is being naughty, but journalist knows said businessman and decides that printing the story might result in expensive libel case  if alleged facts cannot be proved so contacts said local businessman for comment and is firmly warned off.  Local businessman has a pretty good idea who the source of this story is and takes action.