The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Findlay lit the fuse (with the blessing of the Board)

Murray and his assists could not extinguish the fuse

The @players' Were never going to be up for the job

The Stadium blasts out (pleadingly) C'mon guys get right behind the team'

The 'players ' decided not to get behind the fans

The opponents were well up for the challenge and well organised

Our 'players' were an utter shambles

A win would have saved us from automatic relegation with 9 points left to play for Next three games Can't see it!

A real prospect now is either automatic relegation (which they richly deserve) or a play off they can'twin.

This current squad are not capable of winning anything especially the last three games towards the abyss

If any of them are kept on it will be a total disgrace with the exception of Hutton

How hard it must have been for the 'loanees' to fit in with this rabble

Please don't have a player of the year the humiliation would be intolerable but give Hutton the Glory only

Anyway enough said so it's TA TA Airdrie can't stand anymore with this laughing stock! AFC NO More !!1!!

At least the Doddy  team memories will still be there so that,s something …………………...ta  ta ...... 

12 hours ago, keptie said:

Quick question for Airdrie fans, why is Victoria on loan to Stranraer from you guys, thought he was doing well for you guys earlier on in the season. Just seems a bit strange

Victoria was the only gifted player we had and scored the winner yesterday for stranny what was Murray thinking about ????????????

45 minutes ago, Wise old Elf said:

Findlay lit the fuse (with the blessing of the Board)

Murray and his assists could not extinguish the fuse

The @players' Were never going to be up for the job

The Stadium blasts out (pleadingly) C'mon guys get right behind the team'

The 'players ' decided not to get behind the fans

The opponents were well up for the challenge and well organised

Our 'players' were an utter shambles

A win would have saved us from automatic relegation with 9 points left to play for Next three games Can't see it!

A real prospect now is either automatic relegation (which they richly deserve) or a play off they can'twin.

This current squad are not capable of winning anything especially the last three games towards the abyss

If any of them are kept on it will be a total disgrace with the exception of Hutton

How hard it must have been for the 'loanees' to fit in with this rabble

Please don't have a player of the year the humiliation would be intolerable but give Hutton the Glory only

Anyway enough said so it's TA TA Airdrie can't stand anymore with this laughing stock! AFC NO More !!1!!

At least the Doddy  team memories will still be there so that,s something …………………...ta  ta ...... 

The correlation between this post and your user name literally defines irony...

15 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Much as I agree about today's lacklustre display I can say that I have seen some worse lots but I have been there for almost sixty years. Since we became Airdrie united there have been worse performances but I understand your frustration. The overall record of the manager is about the same as Findlay's but I can't be bothered checking it.

There has been a few games to pick from that were just as bad but worse ,going for a play off place  against bottom of the league.Then manager says players gave their all .well if that  is their all it is simply not good enough for the Airdrie.

I for one am glad thats our play off hopes over with this year ,saves us from a pumping in the final as per .

Murray himself has done what was asked of him, steady a very off track ship to witch he has done . he needs a summer to shift half the team and bring players to suit his own style .

my one worrys is why victoria was allowed to leave ? when he could be a game changer for us and we have no one any where near his level of skill.yeah he was not great but linked up the play well and showed the odd moment of classly skill and chipped in with the goals

Brechin and Stenhousemuir play each other the last game of the season and as both have a much worse goal difference than us (would need a 17 or 25 goal swing) we won’t get automatically relegated.

Can’t rule a relegation play off out yet however the chances of either of them winning their 3 remaining games are slim regardless of what we do. Seasons over for me.

6 hours ago, Diamondatheart said:

I for one am glad thats our play off hopes over with this year ,saves us from a pumping in the final as per .

Murray himself has done what was asked of him, steady a very off track ship to witch he has done . he needs a summer to shift half the team and bring players to suit his own style .

my one worrys is why victoria was allowed to leave ? when he could be a game changer for us and we have no one any where near his level of skill.yeah he was not great but linked up the play well and showed the odd moment of classly skill and chipped in with the goals

Has Murray? His remit should have ebeen to finish better than the p**h we are watching now.... crap loan players, and they are, doesn't work.... 

Confirmed on Facebook that our Commercial Manager has departed. Dougy has left big shoes to fill.

My concern would be how many sponsors are there because of him. It doesn’t look like Mr Hetherington makes a lot of friends far less keeps any. Carrying a substantial wage bill, due to the sh1te we have signed on longer term deals and can’t get rid of, into next season without maintaining our existing income could be an issue I’d imagine.

Of course let’s wait and and see what happens. The mention though that part of the reason is down to his involvement with the Supporters Trust is a worry though. Sounds like the club are drawing a line here (which ties in with binning Back Onside as the charity partner to go with their own one... well, themselves effectively!)

Confirmed on Facebook that our Commercial Manager has departed. Dougy has left big shoes to fill.

My concern would be how many sponsors are there because of him. It doesn’t look like Mr Hetherington makes a lot of friends far less keeps any. Carrying a substantial wage bill, due to the sh1te we have signed on longer term deals and can’t get rid of, into next season without maintaining our existing income could be an issue I’d imagine.

Of course let’s wait and and see what happens.

f**k the board and f**k airdrie,I’m done